Mularkey just turned the screws up a notch

DeeRay

and start benching the players that are responsible for the miscues.  Until he does that, he's not going to get the attention and respect of the players that a winning HC must have. 

39519[/snapback]

Start benching players that are responsible for the miscues? Who's going to play offense for us? Because you can put blame on every single player that goes out on that field on the offensive side of the ball. Tell me one offensive player that has done anything.

Its not a bad thing to close out the press when the press is just acting like vultures trying to get a quote from a defensive player so he can run it and cause a controversey. The players need to cool down a couple of days so they don't say anything stupid.

Some of you guys are like vultures just waiting to hate the coach no matter what he does.  I think MM will be a very good coach.  He's saddled with a crap QB and a bad O-line and he has to work his way through it.  He'll be fine.

39654[/snapback]

In agreement mostly. It's agitation after the GW era. Everyone is so in need of a winning season after the last three that there's simply no patients left.

MM != GW But GW = RJ, so therefore, MM != RJ. Which makes MM a good thing.

It's a great move. Basically you've got a bunch of idiots in the press trolling for bad quotes so they can write a nasty story. They'll bother the players until they get one.

39671[/snapback]

...or they'll get what they want from what the player's say. Here's a quote of T. Henry's from the CBS' "Inside Slant."

"We can't go anywhere but up," said Henry, who was held to 67 yards on 24 carries. "We'll go back to the drawing board, watch the films, and correct our mistakes and get ready for New England."

Locally, that quote would read:

"We can't go anywhere...We'll go back to ... our mistakes ... for New England."

Very strange and curious move...and frankly, an indicator of a very POOR head coach.

Think about it....TWO games in to his career and two losses in a row and he is already got the team taking on a "bunker mentality"?

This is a clear indication that Mularkey either does not want to, or worse, cannot handle the pressure of being a head coach in the NFL.

Troubling.

39647[/snapback]

Please tell Parcells, Belichek and others that as they have barred the press at certain times during head coaching stints...it is not an indicator of a poor coach at all.

IMHO ........... he should have barred the press from contact with the team when the Willis/Travis "I wanna start .... no I wanna start" non-story seemed to be the only thing they could write about.

For some reason the local press always seemed to be anti-Bills, where they couldn't find dirt .... they invented it.

Keeping the press away for one day after a bad game occurs now and then - it's usually explained by "we need to get some things straight" or some such.  Not a big thing.

If it goes beyond a day or two, though...

39676[/snapback]

Or, we need to get our story straight so everybody knows the company line.

If its because of that assclown Sullivan I cant blame MM. Or maybe the O Lineman are scared they couldnt block Allen Wilson.

39597[/snapback]

Funny, we all think Sullivan is an ass clown, but all of his negative points get repeated as gospel by TSW regulars. Is it just a case of the truth hurting? I would love to read positive spin on the Bills games every week, but that is what we have BuffaloBills.com for. I don't live in Buffalo anymore, so the only Sullivan columns I read are those pertaining to the Bills. I dunno, he usually seems pretty dead on to me...

It'll be interesting to see where he's going here. I think his comments in the BN this am are an indication that he's trying to keep the team focused;

"It's not what you believe outside (the team), it's what we believe inside," Mularkey said.

At least he apears to have some sort of strategy and he is taking action. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Please tell Parcells, Belichek and others that as they have barred the press at certain times during head coaching stints...it is not an indicator of a poor coach at all.

39768[/snapback]

You beat me to it. This is a classic Parcells move...deflect the criticism and attention away from the team and turn the venom on yourself.

Who cares if he pisses of the media. What the hell difference does it make. The media will draw their own conclusions no matter what happens. He should shut them out everyday. Someone mentioned Parcells and Billy Bob in this thread. Do any of those guys have patience with the Media?

MM needs to get the team focus'd but it is kind of hard to do when the media will hound you and your players about what happened this past weekend. The weekend is done time to move on to New England.