How can people say Marv will be a disaster!

billsboys

He hasn't been out of the "game."

Like I said, he has been doing analysis for the Bears here with Comcast.  He has been following the league.

Didn't he come out of the booth when he was first hired back in the late 1980's.

556428[/snapback]

He's been following the league......I think he was following Buffalo the most! :D

In the 1960s, Ralph Wilson felt comfortable hanging with Harvey Johnson too.

556232[/snapback]

And don't forget the immortal Terry Bledsoe, a former newspaper columnist who RW hired as GM in 1983.

(Trivia Answer: Bledsoe was the GM who let Jim Kelly take that phone call from the Houston Gamblers when he was in his office ready to sign a Bills contract).

And don't forget the immortal Terry Bledsoe, a former newspaper columnist who RW hired as GM in 1983. 

(Trivia Answer:  Bledsoe was the GM who let Jim Kelly take that phone call from the Houston Gamblers when he was in his office ready to sign a Bills contract).

556511[/snapback]

Is that really true? :D0:)

Where would we be today without mobile phones!

:D

On the downside, Marv also messed up with Todd Collins  :D

556486[/snapback]

i dont think marv thought jim kelly would be hanging up his gloves so soon.i really think marv thought todd collins would be on the bench another year.

i dont think marv thought jim kelly would be hanging up his gloves so soon.i really think marv thought todd collins would be on the bench another year.

556661[/snapback]

Well then Jim Kelly could become the new OC. And then he could say he was sorry for leaving Buffalo early. :D I would love to see Kelly be with the Bills again in some way.

You guys just don't seem to get it.  So you think that who you "root for" is going to make the difference? 

OK

556225[/snapback]

Actually you are the one who doesn't get it ......

What I was trying to say without being a dickwad is that no one knows if Marv will do a good or bad job until he actually gets a chance to DO a job, and anyone who claims he or she DOES know, is just trying to blow smoke up our collective anal orfices.

The secondary point I was trying to make was that even if we don't know the eventual outcome of Marvs performance, I felt Marv is an easy guy to root for because of his philosophies/personality/humor as opposed to TD who I thought was a condesending egomaniac !@#$.

He's been following the league......I think he was following Buffalo the most! :lol:

556440[/snapback]

the game had already passed him by when he was still coaching the Bills the last time.

just wait till he pulls a PAt Riley and MM needs to spend more time with his family.

the game had already passed him by when he was still coaching the Bills the last time.

just wait till he pulls a PAt Riley and MM  needs to spend more time with his family.

556807[/snapback]

The game didn't pass him by. If it did, do you really think Ralph would re-hire Levy?

there's an old saying. "you can never really go home again"

As much as I genuinely like and respect Marv Levy, I just can't see this as the solution to the Bills woes.

A complete housecleaning was in order here and instead we get back to the future.

(Trivia Answer:  Bledsoe was the GM who let Jim Kelly take that phone call from the Houston Gamblers when he was in his office ready to sign a Bills contract).

556511[/snapback]

Although, the GM for Carolina, Marty Hurney, never was in football at any level, in any capacity,outside of being a journalist and has done pretty well by that team.

And if i recall correctly the call story is true.