This would be a great Staff IMO

GM: Marv Levy- We already know Marv will fill this role, but I did want to comment on the criticism I’m seeing. Finding an experienced candidate who has had success wouldn’t exactly be easy, and still look what happened when we thought we had that with TD. This is just as much a crap shoot as finding a head coach can be and how is a person like Marv Levy not a great pick for what was available? If nothing else we all know the man is an extremely bright, tireless worker, who not only has decades of NFL experience but has had a lot of it with the Bills. I know losing has sucked but give the man a chance before we JP Losman him.

HC: Dick Vermeil- This guy has had success everywhere he’s gone, and has always had great pass blocking lines. He’s is also a great motivator, with playoff experience and a Super Bowl win. For those that think it’s far fetched Vermeil still seems on the edge of wanting to come back so a strong offer might do it. I also think Vermeil, Levy, and Ralph would be able to get on the same page, and have a good working relationship. People would certainly make fun of the combined age of the three, but nobody can doubt their would be an awful lot of football knowledge in that room. Sign him to a 2-3 year deal while we groom his replacement.

OC: Norv Turner- Some guys just aren’t very good head coaches, and for whatever reason Turner looks like that type of guy. The polar opposite can be said for when he serves as offensive coordinator. The guy has had great success at nearly every stop he’s made. But what I like the most is he’s shown the ability to adapt to the players he has. Sometimes it’s tough to see the great coordinator in the bad head coach, but like Gregg Williams these guys exist, and can be very valuable additions.

DC: Mike Singletary- Singletary is my dark horse so to speak. He has yet to serve as DC, but has already spent time as Baltimore’s LB coach, and spent this year as an assistant head coach with the 49ers. In his day Singletary was one of the most intense football players to ever put on a uniform, and when you hear this guy now you know his coaching is no different. I think he will excel as a defensive coordinator in this league, and under Vermeil’s tutelage would make a fine long term solution at HC one day.

GM: Marv Levy

I like this for P.R. Purposes only. Someone said that Modrak would do the actual dirty work of being a GM, with Marv being the public front.

HC: Dick Vermeil

I can see why people would throw this name out, but no. There's quite a bit of water flowing around Buffalo. Do we really need the Vermeil river every Sunday in Orchard Park? :(

Not a fresh start, but it keeps in line with the Buffalo AARP's. :doh:

OC: Norv Turner

You know, that really isn't a bad idea. He does know how to run an offense. In Oakland, he had more responsibilities. He has proven twice that he cannot administrator a full staff, but have him concentrate on the offense, and it could work.

DC: Mike Singletary

Would bring toughness, but unless it's a HC position, he won't make a lateral move. He has the Assistant HC duties as well as linebackers coach in SF. He'll need atleast a big say within the coaching staff, and I just can't see that happening with him in Buffalo.

I think some people have this misconception that Dick Vermeil is soft because he cries after victories. This is untrue. Infact I remember vermeil getting in trouble in st. louis and kc for running one of the hardest training camps in the league. Basically he pushes his players to the max, and holds young players responsible. Look how larry johnson exploded shortly after vermeil told him he has to take off the diapers. It was a wake up call that served LJ Well. Vermeil gets the most of his team, and would be an excellent choice for head coach.

Turner is another guy like you said like gregg williams while lacking the ability to be a head coach in an excellent coordinator. I also wouldn't mind Joe Vitt from the rams. He seemed to adapt pretty well when given the opportunity to take over for martz and brought balance to the rams. He's also a runningback coach, so you know he'll like to run the run the football.

Singletary is interviewing for several head coaching jobs the way I hear it, so we probably wont get him. But I'd love this as well. I also wouldn't mind someone like Dick Jauron, or Jim Bates to fill the dc role.

I'm definitely on board for bringing Norv Turner as our O-Coordinator. Lets be honest, he wont get another NFL HC job because of his recent performance, but his past as a coordinator should make him in high demand for an OC. It would be best to get him as quickly as possible.

He has the Assistant HC duties as well as linebackers coach in SF.  He'll need atleast a big say within the coaching staff, and I just can't see that happening with him in Buffalo.

554805[/snapback]

Dick LeBeau was an "assistant HC" with us, and he saw DC as an upgrade, so who knows how Singletary feels about it. OC/DC are two major paths to HC in this league, and right now Singletary doesn't have any DC/HC experience with any NFL or college team. It's not often that we see guys without that experience propelled to the ranks of NFL head coach, so I think it would be premature to assume he wouldn't accept an offer.

The reason I choose Vermeil is because he's not somebody we would expect to be around for a long time, but he is the most qualified candidate we could hire. I think he would make a great tutor for Singletary, and stands the best chance at turning this team around in a hurry.

DC: Mike Singletary- Singletary is my dark horse so to speak. He has yet to serve as DC, but has already spent time as Baltimore’s LB coach, and spent this year as an assistant head coach with the 49ers. In his day Singletary was one of the most intense football players to ever put on a uniform, and when you hear this guy now you know his coaching is no different. I think he will excel as a defensive coordinator in this league, and under Vermeil’s tutelage would make a fine long term solution at HC one day.

554790[/snapback]

It's looking like he may be a HC in the NFL this year.

It's looking like he may be a HC in the NFL this year.

554819[/snapback]

I'm not shocked to see him get some interviews, but I would be surprised to see a team make the move this early. If he's truly that hot of a commodity right now then he might not be available to the Bills, but I still think a DC job, internship with Vermeil and inside track to being his replacement is a pretty sweet deal if he doesn't make HC.

Marv - yeah fine whatever.. i won't complain about the guy.

Dick - huh? isn't he about ot die or something? plus i think he sucks as a coach. no better than MM is anyways.

Norv - lets not, really lets not.

Mike - good that he's intense and all, but is he intellegent? can he scheme and come up with ways of pissing off offenses? can he organize his troop and effectively deploy them? for some reason I just don't think he can.