TimeLine of Today's Events

JDG

2:30pm -

Ralph Wilson announces that:

-Tom Donahoe has been fired as President and GM

-Ralph Wilson is reassuming the title of President

-Tom Modrak is staying in his current position, will be required to spend more time in Buffalo, and will not be the next GM

-No GM has been hired, and Ralph Wilson is not in negotiations with Marv Levy

-Mike Mularkey's status will be determined after further discussion

-The HC hires and fires Asst. Coaches - the Team Owner does not.

3:00pm-

Towards the end of above Press Conference, Ralph Wilson tells reporters that while an announcement on the GM or Mularkey's status could happen within hours or within days, that reporters can "go home" and should not wait around OBD.

4:20pm-

ESPN.com announces that Tom Clements has been fired

5:15pm-

Ralph Wilson announces that Mike Mularkey will be the Bills HC next year and "hopefully for a long time to come". The next GM of the Bills will apparently not have the power to fire Mularkey (presumably because.....)

6:30pm-

Buffalo TV stations report that Marv Levy has been hired as the next GM.

JDG

-Tom Modrak is staying in his current position, will be required to spend more time in Buffalo, and will not be the next GM

Towards the end of above Press Conference, Ralph Wilson tells reporters that while an announcement on the GM or Mularkey's status could happen within hours or within days, that reporters can "go home" and should not wait around OBD.

Ralph Wilson announces that Mike Mularkey will be the Bills HC next year and "hopefully for a long time to come".  The next GM of the Bills will apparently not have the power to fire Mularkey (presumably because.....)

JDG

554027[/snapback]

4:35pm-

Mike Mularkey clinches the HC job when he shows up at the interview with Ralph and Marv with a fresh bag of Werther's Originals.

4:35pm-

Mike Mularkey clinches the HC job when he shows up at the interview with Ralph and Marv with a fresh bag of Werther's Originals.

554060[/snapback]

BBBBBWWWahahahahahahahahaaaa!!

I just want you to know how hard I laughed when I read that. A real bellygrabber.

Thanks.

Ralph Wilson announces that Mike Mularkey will be the Bills HC next year and "hopefully for a long time to come".  The next GM of the Bills will apparently not have the power to fire Mularkey (presumably because.....)

JDG

554027[/snapback]

Didn't I see this on an episode of The Simpsons once?

This is the managerial equivalent to the Mickey Mouse fake end-around bull sh-- reverse !@#$tard WR option pass.

YEA !!

554231[/snapback]

We have a winner!

Ralph Wilson says that he doesn't fire Asst. Coaches - but can anyone seriously believe that the timing of all this is a coincidence?

JDG

JDG

554027[/snapback]

Good time-line summary. A couple of points:

Unless I'm mistaken (I didn't see the press conference but read the "transcript" with out the reporter's questions) Ralph's comment about being in negotiations with Levy was "not in the way you phrased it"...or something like that. It could also mean the negotiations are over and the deal is done.

Also regarding the firing of coaches...I assume that he told MM to fire TC (and, I imagine, a few others) or be gone. I'd guess that MM actually fired (or fires) TC.