The Quarterly "Oh no - the Bills might move" Post

BILLS02138

Absolutely incorrect. LA will get an expansion franchise (if they get one at all) once the stadium issue (i.e. replacement for LA Colisseum) issue is resolved. This has been talked about for several years.

Al Davis still claims territorial rights to SoCal and has threatened to move the Raiders back down since they can't sell out in Oakland (witness 15K short attendence this past sunday)

Other rumblings have had the Chargers moving back to LA (they started there in 1960) since the Jack is prehistoric by todays standards.

Here in the Bay Area even the 49ers mgmt have brought up a move scenario since they have failed to get a new stadium to replace the stick (financed by the local tax base of course).

39749[/snapback]

See right their are three franchise's that would look to move long before the Bills, not to mention the Colts and the Vikings......And what the hell lets throw in the Dolphins just for fun.....If the regular media can start rumors why can't I. ;)

Absolutely incorrect. LA will get an expansion franchise (if they get one at all) once the stadium issue (i.e. replacement for LA Colisseum) issue is resolved. This has been talked about for several years.

Al Davis still claims territorial rights to SoCal and has threatened to move the Raiders back down since they can't sell out in Oakland (witness 15K short attendence this past sunday)

Other rumblings have had the Chargers moving back to LA (they started there in 1960) since the Jack is prehistoric by todays standards.

Here in the Bay Area even the 49ers mgmt have brought up a move scenario since they have failed to get a new stadium to replace the stick (financed by the local tax base of course).

39749[/snapback]

Ok, so with this idea, there is 1 division (out of 8) with 5 teams, and the rest have 4? This would be a nightmare for playoffs, and for having to play each team in your division twice. a team would have to MOVE to LA.

Ok, so with this idea, there is 1 division (out of 8) with 5 teams, and the rest have 4? This would be a nightmare for playoffs, and for having to play each team in your division twice. a team would have to MOVE to LA.

39773[/snapback]

Agreed.....San Diego, San Fransisco, Colts, Vikings and (Dolphins, just trying to start something)

i'm just waiting for someone to find a nostradomus quatraine to prove the bills are moving and we're all

D ;)  ;) MED!!!

39311[/snapback]

In the land bordering the great cataracts

An octogenarian shall pass from this world.

His offspring shall evince no interest in his possessions

And shall trade them for currency.

He who will pay much for these possessions

Shall have a surname ending in a vowel.

Thus will he be the savior and master of two squadrons

And be acclaimed throughout this benighted land.

The Great Leader shall retain his inept generals

As he did with the first of his armies.

Thus will the second army sink deeper into oblivion

And the people shall wail ceaselessly.

It matters not whether the Bills sell out games and LA fans would not. What matters is reestablishing an NFL presence in TV market #2.

I have said it many times...all you need to do is build a stadium halfway between LA and San Diego, and call 'em the So.Cal Chargers. Poof! LA gets a team and SD can still call the Chargers theirs. It's like the Boston Patriots moving to Foxboro and becoiming the New England Patriots.

And speaking of TV markets...people forget to consider Rochester in the Bills equation. Buffalo (rank 45) + Rochester (rank 75) makes a TV market equal to Baltimore or Pittsburgh (rank 22/23) with over 1 million TV homes, and representing almost 1% of the US total. So it's pretty disingenuous to call Buffalo a small market team.

I should also point out that Jacksonville ranks #57 and Green Bay ranks #69. But Green Bay also counts Milwaukee (#33) ad the entire state of Wisconsin.

PTR

It matters not whether the Bills sell out games and LA fans would not.  What matters is reestablishing an NFL presence in TV market #2.

I have said it many times...all you need to do is build a stadium halfway between LA and San Diego, and call 'em the So.Cal Chargers.  Poof!  LA gets a team and SD can still call the Chargers theirs.  It's like the Boston Patriots moving to Foxboro and becoiming the New England Patriots.

And speaking of TV markets...people forget to consider Rochester in the Bills equation.  Buffalo (rank 45) + Rochester (rank 75) makes a TV market equal to Baltimore or Pittsburgh (rank 22/23) with over 1 million TV homes, and representing almost 1% of the US total.  So it's pretty disingenuous to call Buffalo a small market team.

I should also point out that Jacksonville ranks #57 and Green Bay ranks #69.  But Green Bay also counts Milwaukee (#33) ad the entire state of Wisconsin.

PTR

39945[/snapback]

You are absolutly correct about moving into the number 2 market.  But that is a NFL issue.  This is not the paramount issue for a new owner.  The new owner wants to buy a business that makes money and if Buff/Roch, whatever you call it makes money and sells out the stadium then "new owner keep the team here.    The new owners job is not to do best for the NFL, but to do what is best for him/her.

What if they did move? Who would you all route for? Being in NC I'd probably route for the Panthers. What a sad day that would be...  ;)

39619[/snapback]

Nobody...the NFL could kiss my a$$ and my money goodbye forever!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

In the land bordering the great cataracts

An octogenarian shall pass from this world.

His offspring shall evince no interest in his possessions

And shall trade them for currency.

He who will pay much for these possessions

Shall have a surname ending in a vowel.

Thus will he be the savior and master of two squadrons

And be acclaimed throughout this benighted land.

The Great Leader shall retain his inept generals

As he did with the first of his armies.

Thus will the second army sink deeper into oblivion

And the people shall wail ceaselessly.

Golisano gonna buy the Bills is what I got from that.