A "More Active Role"

Many articles on TBD are stating that Mr. Wilson will be taking a "more active role" with the Bills in 06. I don't know how others feel, but this, at least initially, doesn't sit very well with me.

If he is to hire a new GM, the man should be given a chance to do his job. What will RW want to assume control over? The draft? Free agency? Who is cut? Contract extensions? Also, and I ask this with a ton of respect, how active a role can an 87 year old man take?

I guess the good news is that we can't get too much worse, but I am having a hard time picturing Mr. Wilson being able to make football decisions.

Many articles on TBD are stating that Mr. Wilson will be taking a "more active role" with the Bills in 06. I don't know how others feel, but this, at least initially, doesn't sit very well with me.

If he is to hire a new GM, the man should be given a chance to do his job. What will RW want to assume control over? The draft? Free agency? Who is cut? Contract extensions? Also, and I ask this with a ton of respect, how active a role can an 87 year old man take?

I guess the good news is that we can't get too much worse, but I am having a hard time picturing Mr. Wilson being able to make football decisions.

551992[/snapback]

Have you read Marv's book? In it he relates an early conversation with Mrs. Wilson. To paraphrase, she told him Ralph hated feeling 'out of the loop'. Her piece of advice to Marv...call him once in a while to let him know what's going on. Marv did that and they had a great relationship. Read Leo's column today? Wilson is ticked because TD did not keep him up to date with the goings on of the team.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ralph. I think he just needs to be kept abreast :unsure: of what's going on with the team. Maybe once in a while being asked for an opinion...

I wouldn't worry too much about Ralph.  I think he just needs to be kept abreast :unsure:  of what's going on with the team.  Maybe once in a while being asked for an opinion...

552000[/snapback]

Spot on - he's the owner after all. An owner wants to enjoy the success of his business, count his money, and feel like he is making a difference.

Old Ralphie has many loves - maybe his biggest is football and the Bills - who'd want to be used as an ATM over a real influencer??

Have you read Marv's book?  In it he relates an early conversation with Mrs. Wilson.  To paraphrase, she told him Ralph hated feeling 'out of the loop'.  Her piece of advice to Marv...call him once in a while to let him know what's going on.  Marv did that and they had a great relationship.  Read Leo's column today?  Wilson is ticked because TD did not keep him up to date with the goings on of the team.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ralph.  I think he just needs to be kept abreast :unsure:  of what's going on with the team.  Maybe once in a while being asked for an opinion...

552000[/snapback]

That's my take as well.

Have you read Marv's book?  In it he relates an early conversation with Mrs. Wilson.  To paraphrase, she told him Ralph hated feeling 'out of the loop'.  Her piece of advice to Marv...call him once in a while to let him know what's going on.  Marv did that and they had a great relationship.  Read Leo's column today?  Wilson is ticked because TD did not keep him up to date with the goings on of the team.

552000[/snapback]

Good info. Thanks, and I hope you are correct.