Ralph the Cheapo Strikes Again!

firstngoal

The one area you can quibble about Mr. Wilson's sincerity is when it comes to paying for top flite HCs. Other than that, a Bills fan has little to B word about in terms of ownership's willingness to spend money. From paying for the facilities' improvements, to paying for free agents, to buying leftover tickets to lift TV blackouts...Mr. Wilson has delivered.

552276[/snapback]

Agreed...He even allowed TD to re-do Bledsoe's contract (which they need

not have done at all) only to see TD fire Bledsoe....

He paid the 10M signing bonus to retain Moulds and get TKO....

He paid the big contract at the last minute to allow the signing of Milloy.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think Marv had no say in acquiring players?  The first thing he did when he was hired was to nab Tasker off the waiver wires. 

That staff was a team, they worked together and it showed up on the field.

He hasn't taken the cheap way out, he doesn't care about $ anymore.  Why would he?  The old man wants to win.  You can disagree over whether this decision will accomplish that but accusing him of doing it because he is cheap is just an infantile reaction to not getting what you want.  I have plenty of questions of my own on this move but doubting Ralph Wilson's committment to winning isn't one of them.

552261[/snapback]

I'm not doubting his committment to winning but the way he's going about it!

The right way to do things = Miami Dolphins spending a ton of cash by hiring a young and energetic Coach in Nick Saban and basically letting him call his own shots. A Bright FUTURE is ahead for Fins fans.

The wrong way = Buffalo by keeping MM and not eating the remaining 3 years, remember History repeats itself and Ralph isn't going to "not care about Money" until they put him six feet under and then bringing back Marv for a job that needs a young man in charge. Marv is 77 and I don't care what type of shape he's in he will be overwhelmed by the every day duties of a GM IF that's what Ralph is doing. Plus it's a quick fix for now but what about the Bills FUTURE? How long will Marv be able to do the job?

It all just wreaks, Bigtime!! :pirate:

remember History repeats itself

552329[/snapback]

Yep. So let's hold off on enshrining Saban and see what he does next year with a tougher schedule / higher expectations. He might pull a MM and there goes your whole argument... :pirate:

And Marv's "everyday duties" will be to ensure that his management team works together...not so taxing, IMO.

The right way to do things = Miami Dolphins spending a ton of cash by hiring a young and energetic Coach in Nick Saban and basically letting him call his own shots.  A Bright FUTURE is ahead for Fins fans.

The wrong way = Buffalo by keeping MM and not eating the remaining 3 years, remember History repeats itself and Ralph isn't going to "not care about Money" until they put him six feet under  and then bringing back Marv for a job that needs a young man in charge.  Marv is 77 and I don't care what type of shape he's in he will be overwhelmed by the every day duties of a GM IF that's what Ralph is doing.  Plus it's a quick fix for now but what about the Bills FUTURE?  How long will Marv be able to do the job?

It all just wreaks, Bigtime!!  :pirate:

552329[/snapback]

Look at the money they pay in signing bonuses and out to players. You honestly think Ralph in overly concerned with 5 million bucks if he thought he had a better shot with somebody else? Also could you please elaborate on how Marv would be overwhelmed with the everyday duties of an NFL GM?

Do you really think Marv had no say in acquiring players?  The first thing he did when he was hired was to nab Tasker off the waiver wires. 

That staff was a team, they worked together and it showed up on the field.

He hasn't taken the cheap way out, he doesn't care about $ anymore.  Why would he?  The old man wants to win.  You can disagree over whether this decision will accomplish that but accusing him of doing it because he is cheap is just an infantile reaction to not getting what you want.  I have plenty of questions of my own on this move but doubting Ralph Wilson's committment to winning isn't one of them.

552261[/snapback]

Once a penny pincher always a penny pincher..........That must be why it was stated when whitey signed that he was taking less money than he could have gotten elsewhere to stay close to pitts.

Face it ralph's a cheap s.o.b. always has been and will be........he didn't get rich spending like a drunk sailor..............Rich people always worry about making more money it's an illness.

Once a penny pincher always a penny pincher..........That must be why it was stated when whitey signed that he was taking less money than he could have gotten elsewhere to stay close to pitts.

Face it ralph's a cheap s.o.b. always has been and will be........he didn't get rich spending like a drunk sailor..............Rich people always worry about making more money it's an illness.

552396[/snapback]

"Rich people always worry about making more money"

Tell that to poor people. :pirate:

Look at the money they pay in signing bonuses and out to players. You honestly think Ralph in overly concerned with 5 million bucks if he thought he had a better shot with somebody else? Also could you please elaborate on how Marv would be overwhelmed with the everyday duties of an NFL GM?

552357[/snapback]

Yes Ralpie does pay out some cash for signing bonuses etc but he gets a huge load from the Network TV contracts every year!! He's not losing money!

As for Marv, do you honestly think that Marv (at his age) would be able to take on the duties of an every day NFL GM? I don't and I think he will be in Buffalo only to oversee things not to be the GM. An every day GM has 12 to 16 hour days at times and I don't see any 77 year old being able to take on those duties (unless his last name is Kent - as in Clark).

The right way to do things = Miami Dolphins spending a ton of cash by hiring a young and energetic Coach in Nick Saban and basically letting him call his own shots.  A Bright FUTURE is ahead for Fins fans.

The wrong way = Buffalo by keeping MM and not eating the remaining 3 years, remember History repeats itself and Ralph isn't going to "not care about Money" until they put him six feet under  and then bringing back Marv for a job that needs a young man in charge.  Marv is 77 and I don't care what type of shape he's in he will be overwhelmed by the every day duties of a GM IF that's what Ralph is doing.  Plus it's a quick fix for now but what about the Bills FUTURE?  How long will Marv be able to do the job?

552329[/snapback]

SPending a ton of cash ALWAYS guarantees winning-just ask Dan Snyder about his big signings when he first got there, ask the New York Rangers

Yes Ralpie does pay out some cash for signing bonuses etc but he gets a huge load from the Network TV contracts every year!!  He's not losing money!

As for Marv, do you honestly think that Marv (at his age) would be able to take on the duties of an every day NFL GM?  I don't and I think he will be in Buffalo only to oversee things not to be the GM.  An every day GM has 12 to 16 hour days at times and I don't see any 77 year old being able to take on those duties (unless his last name is Kent - as in Clark).

552420[/snapback]

Why do you keep saying "everyday GM?" That's not how the position is going to be structured. Think "Team President" not GM in the traditional Polian/Butler mode.

SPending a ton of cash ALWAYS guarantees winning-just ask Dan Snyder about his big signings when he first got there, ask the New York Rangers

552421[/snapback]

I didn't say it did guarantee anything, but who would have thought that the Dolphins would be 9-7 this season?

The Bottom line is IF Ralph keeps MM he's a fool!

MM won't change his colors overnight and history will repeat itself with passes to FB Damien Shelton the norm at One Bills Drive in 2006.

:pirate:

552436[/snapback]

I'm no big fan of MM but I'm pretty sure those passes to Shelton were checkdowns by friggin Holcomb.

That's right! No complaints about Wilson. He's been good to the fans.

We live (some of us) in Buffalo, for God's sake! Do you know what that is like?

So we have problems with the GM, and he changes the GM.

He thought he had a good thing with the head coach, so he decides to wait for it to pan out.

We shouldn't have a problem with Wilson, if we want to watch a local team. He's making a change and we should give him the benefit of the doubt IMHO.

OK, when you own an NFL you can make coahcing changes every year. Mr. Wilson didnt keep Mularkey because he's cheap, he did it because he thinks its a good move- and Mr. Wilson knows more about football than you do....like it or not

551981[/snapback]

My great aunt knows more about football than Ralph. Ralph knows about country club tennis tournaments and yachting.

That's right!  No complaints about Wilson.  He's been good to the fans. 

We live (some of us) in Buffalo, for God's sake!  Do you know what that is like?

So we have problems with the GM, and he changes the GM.

He thought he had a good thing with the head coach, so he decides to wait for it to pan out.

We shouldn't have a problem with Wilson, if we want to watch a local team.  He's making a change and we should give him the benefit of the doubt IMHO.

552455[/snapback]

I agree. But like most things. You cant please everyone.

I love the move.

552329[/snapback]

Marv is 77??--yeah and Im 39.