Donahoe to be fired this week

Todd85

Stange that the ESPN ticker would say D&C reports, but i wasnt't dreaming.

550642[/snapback]

I've seen ESPN quote the D&C before. The D&C often beats the Buff Snooze on breaking Bills news.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=34254

Channel 2 says that Donahoe is out.  Modrak and Mularkey are still here.

550851[/snapback]

Similar reporting from Channel 7 :

The center of Bills action today is in Detroit where Bills owner Ralph Wilson and his aides are putting together the new structure he talked about on Sunday after the team's season ending loss to the Jets.

It looks like that structure does not include General Manager and President Tom Donahoe. Multiple sources tell 7News that Donahoe will be fired.

Expect the official announcement on Wednesday.

Donahoe had unprecedented authority in his five years with the Bills. He was the first man to act as president as well as general manger.

Sources tell 7News Sports Director John Murphy that Ralph Wilson hopes to have everything in place by Wednesday and that he's looking to promote from within the organization.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=34254

Channel 2 says that Donahoe is out.  Modrak and Mularkey are still here.

550851[/snapback]

Form that article:

Barring something unexpected happening in that meeting, it's expected Mularkey will remain as head coach, although some staff changes are expected.
That seems to go with with ESPN is reporting...RW intended to keep MM, but the meetings today didn't go well, and he may now be fired.

Form that article:

That seems to go with with ESPN is reporting...RW intended to keep MM, but the meetings today didn't go well, and he may now be fired.

550859[/snapback]

If upper management dictates staff to a HC, that is bad management and it's a sorry coach that would take that in the first place.

MM has not turned around an iffy team - his management and playcalling has not been spiffy - but he was a good player within his abilities, and I've no doubt he did the best he was able to do as a coach.

Too bad it didn't work out.

If upper management dictates staff to a HC, that is bad management and it's a sorry coach that would take that in the first place.

550880[/snapback]

I've never understood that line of reasoning. It doesn't apply in the business world, so why should it in the NFL? If the CEO says the marketing director is doing a poor job and needs to be replaced, does the senior vice president say no?