If the Texans Hire Jerry Gray

Chgrant

Houston can bank on lots of lame-ass safety blitzes that don't get to the QB, along with an abject refusal to put the best players in a position to make plays with just a little hint of excessive bravado

550583[/snapback]

Maybe he'll neuter Dunta Robinson like he has Nate Clements.

On the other hand, Phillip Buchanon might be a perfect fit for Gray's defense since he won't ever actually have to touch any receivers. B-)

This news tells me that they have a specific candidate in mind and that Gray is the token minority interview. Otherwise, they would have selected a more serious candidate to satisfy that purpose. It's a shame that this well-meaning attempt by the NFL to ensure that minorities get a fair shake is actually back-firing.

By definition, the abbreviation "DC" has long stood for "Devout Coward". Prevent, etc.

Myself, I'd hire a competent X and O defensive coach and have an old offensive coordinator on staff to grab 'em by the ear - literally, and say "Here's how they are going to stick it to you next, kiddo!". B-)

well maybe jerry would hire a defensive coordinator.not every defensive or offensive coach assumes coordinator roles.herman edwards is a good case of a coach who wasnt either actually.i think herm is a very good coach who just dosnt handle the clock well or gameday play decisions,but as a whole coach the players love him and he keeps the team unified.i could see jerry being a bit like that.he may put his defensive philosophy in place and then have a good defensive coordinator implement it.i wish jerry well and i am glad he will be gone.go bills in'06