Who do you want as OC

If MM stays, I want Ralph to insist that Wyche is the OC and calls the plays.

550487[/snapback]

Wyche is not going to be any more than QB coach- and him doing that while battling throat cancer, and barely having a voice is a wonderful story in itself- dont push the man to do something he can't do, or could harm him. Winning is not worth that

Wyche is not going to be any more than QB coach- and him doing that while battling throat cancer, and barely having a voice is a wonderful story in itself- dont push the man to do something he can't do, or could harm him. Winning is not worth that

550495[/snapback]

From what he has said publicly over the last year, I think he could easily do it. And call plays from the pressbox through a microphone. I wouldn't consider it if Mularkey was a defensive coach like GW was, or a delegator like Marv was. But MM's going to have his offense if he is the coach, and would and could do a lot of the stuff that an OC under those other scenarios would not do. Which would allow Wyche to design game plans, which takes very little talking except to your fellow coaches around a table, and calling plays during games.

From what he has said publicly over the last year, I think he could easily do it. And call plays from the pressbox through a microphone. I wouldn't consider it if Mularkey was a defensive coach like GW was, or a delegator like Marv was. But MM's going to have his offense if he is the coach, and would and could do a lot of the stuff that an OC under those other scenarios would not do. Which would allow Wyche to design game plans, which takes very little talking except to your fellow coaches around a table, and calling plays during games.

550527[/snapback]

Point taken- but calling plays over the course of an entire game requires quite a bit of talking- microphone or not....maybe if he was the coordinator, with Mularkey making play calls in game.......if we have a line, it wont make much difference what we call- more of a chance of working

Al Saunders of the Kansas City Chiefs. He won't be their next head coach, and will probably asked to be released from his current contract rather than have to work for somebody other than Dick Vermeil.

I'm guessing Mularkey stays. And Clements is out as OC--especially since he hasn't been calling plays for more than half the season.

Who do we bring in as OC?

Who will break the OC curse?

550480[/snapback]

I also vote for Turner. I know he's a horrible head coach, but he's a proven OC. He loves running the ball and has a long track of RBs who thrived playing for him.

The problem is that I don't know if MM would go for that considering the confrontation he had with Norv after the Raiders "ran up the score" on us.

I vote for myself.

550491[/snapback]

A sweep into the Jills Conga Line is not a play I want to see very often. Rumor has it that its a staple of your offense...that and a new play, the annexation of Hati, the Dominican Republic and other small shared island countries...

Point taken- but calling plays over the course of an entire game requires quite a bit of talking- microphone or not....maybe if he was the coordinator, with Mularkey making play calls in game.......if we have a line, it wont make much difference what we call- more of a chance of working

550531[/snapback]

But as QB coach, Wyche is the one who calls in the plays to the QB on the headset anyway. So he wouldn't be talking any more or less if he was also the OC.