moulds?

i know he has a crippling cap number next year, but over the past 3 weeks he was hands down, without question, the best player on the offense. do you let your best player walk if you've got squat to replace him with? josh reed, even if the bills want to keep him, won't come back -- i'm sure he knows he needs a fresh start elsewhere. parrish is way too small. they have no credible tight end. all they have is evans in the passing game, and the guys who will be throwing to him define mediocre.

If I had to guess I'd say the the conversation he had with Wilson a couple of weeks ago saved his spot on the team. I'm guessing he expressed his concern over the clusterfug that the Bills have become. I think Ralphy agreed and told him there would be a house cleaning at the end of the season.

If I had to guess I'd say the the conversation he had with Wilson a couple of weeks ago saved his spot on the team.  I'm guessing he expressed his concern over the clusterfug that the Bills have become.  I think Ralphy agreed and told him there would be a house cleaning at the end of the season.

548674[/snapback]

Yep. Including MM. :blink: Two months ago, I wouldn't have thought it possible, but now I think the new GM gives Moulds one final extension to 2009.

i know he has a crippling cap number next year, but over the past 3 weeks he was hands down, without question, the best player on the offense. do you let your best player walk if you've got squat to replace him with? josh reed, even if the bills want to keep him, won't come back -- i'm sure he knows he needs a fresh start elsewhere.  parrish is way too small.  they have no credible tight end. all they have is evans in the passing game, and the guys who will be throwing to him define mediocre.

548661[/snapback]

reed will stay........I have no idea why u would think not

If I had to guess I'd say the the conversation he had with Wilson a couple of weeks ago saved his spot on the team.  I'm guessing he expressed his concern over the clusterfug that the Bills have become.  I think Ralphy agreed and told him there would be a house cleaning at the end of the season.

548674[/snapback]

Thats great but its well know that he prefers Holcomb over JP. So what happens next year when JP is our starter on opening day and moulds catches less passes than Evans? Moulds is gone.

i know he has a crippling cap number next year, but over the past 3 weeks he was hands down, without question, the best player on the offense. do you let your best player walk if you've got squat to replace him with? josh reed, even if the bills want to keep him, won't come back -- i'm sure he knows he needs a fresh start elsewhere.  parrish is way too small.  they have no credible tight end. all they have is evans in the passing game, and the guys who will be throwing to him define mediocre.

548661[/snapback]

Amen!

Moulds has shown that he can play as long as the QB gets him the ball. The Bills aren't exactly cap-strapped this season.... they need to find a way to keep Moulds around.

JDG

Moulds has a 75% chance of staying, he likes Buffalo and loves its fan. He's been through thick and thin. JP will be back next year, but I doubt as a starter, Kelly will be back as well but I also think Buffalo will dip in the pocket book for a decent QB and maybe another DT to help with the rush D. Buffalo needs atlest 2 more decent OL's to really get WIllis some running room, I really think he is the hart of the Offense along with Evans and moulds.

he could restructure, right?

548696[/snapback]

"Restructuring" just puts additional money on contract converting future salary to bonuses postponing pain; it was what Butler was an expert of doing. Perhaps if the new GM thought Moulds would be good for a few years he might sign him to an extension with incentives for playing time and scores but low salaries converting part of next years salary into guarenteed money.

His cap figure ( 10.8 Mil ) could pay for 2-3 OL.

He can return at a lesser figure but will initially be cut.

548690[/snapback]

about half of his cap figure is spent money, it will count against our cap weather or not we cut him.

the remainder of about 5-6 bucks is what we are working with. we might be able to blend and extend him, or we might just cut him and resign him.

i'd like us to cut and re sign moulds as well as mike williams

I smell a restructurement!!!!!

548850[/snapback]

Here's one way IMO to keep him if you think he'll be good for another 2-3 years:

Clump's current #'s on EM:

Salary: $6.089 million

Old proration: $2 million (from $12 million s.b. he rec'd in 2001)

New Proration: $1,666,667

Reporting bonus: $1 million (likely due at start of training camp)

Work out bonus: $100,000

Pro Bowl bonus: $200,000 (NLTBE)

Cap hit: $10,855,667

Salary: $7.25 million

New proration: $1,666,667

Cap hit: $8,916,667

So right now,

2006 already paid: $3.7M

2006 not yet paid: $7.1M

2006 cap hit: $10.8M

2007 already paid: $1.7M

2007 not yet paid: $7.2M

2007 cap hit: $8.9M

Re-structure & extend him to 2009:

$12M signing bonus

2006 salary: $1M

2007 salary $1.3M

(equalling the $14.3M he's scheduled to make the next 2 years)

2008 salary: $4M

2009 salary $5M

New #'s

2006 :

Salary: $1M

New Proration #1: $1,666,667

New proration #2: $12M/4 = $3M

Cap hit: $7.7M

Dead Cap if cut: $17.3M

Salary: $1.3M

Cap hit: $6M

Dead Cap if cut: $10.7M

Salary: $4M

Cap hit: $7M

Dead Cap if cut: $6M

Salary: $5M

Cap hit: $8M

Dead Cap if cut: $3M

Ralph would have to cough up some big $$$ for a signing bonus, but you save on the next 2 year's caps & the cost of cutting him before 2008 ($6M) is close to the cost of cutting him this off-season ($5.3M). If EM wants to stay in Buffalo, I think he would agree to this kind of a deal.

our new gm will ask eric to restructure again.eric will say no.eric will be cut.eric will then go on and say when he signs with his new team that he wanted to stay a bill ,but it was the organizations decision to let him go.i bet he ends up in philly!

"Restructuring" just puts additional money on contract converting future salary to bonuses postponing pain; it was what Butler was an expert of doing. 

548899[/snapback]

you mean the guy who did his damnedest to get the bills into the playoffs so that they could compete for a super bowl? at least he wasn't in permanent rebuilding mode.

Here's one way IMO to keep him if you think he'll be good for another 2-3 years:

Clump's current #'s on EM:

So right now,

2006 already paid: $3.7M

2006 not yet paid: $7.1M

2006 cap hit: $10.8M

2007 already paid: $1.7M

2007 not yet paid: $7.2M

2007 cap hit: $8.9M

Re-structure & extend him to 2009:

$12M signing bonus

2006 salary: $1M

2007 salary $1.3M

(equalling the $14.3M he's scheduled to make the next 2 years)

2008 salary: $4M

2009 salary $5M

New #'s

2006 :

Salary: $1M

New Proration #1: $1,666,667

Cap hit: $7.7M

Dead Cap if cut: $17.3M

Salary: $1.3M

Cap hit: $6M

Dead Cap if cut: $10.7M

Salary: $4M

Cap hit: $7M

Dead Cap if cut: $6M

Salary: $5M

Cap hit: $8M

Dead Cap if cut: $3M

Ralph would have to cough up some big $$$ for a signing bonus, but you save on the next 2 year's caps & the cost of cutting him before 2008 ($6M) is close to the cost of cutting him this off-season ($5.3M). If EM wants to stay in Buffalo, I think he would agree to this kind of a deal.

548913[/snapback]

as of now, there will be no cap in 2007.