Kirk Ferentz Willing To Listen To NFL Offers

Mark VI

Just starting to watch the Outback bowl between Iowa and Florida. While showing Ferentz just prior to kickoff, the announcers said Ferentz was interviewed by Mort and stated he would listen to NFL offers for the first time. In the past, he turned them away immediately. They mentioned the current job openings, with more to come.

Hurry up, Ralph. Fire the kettlehead and make this former Belichick Asst. an offer. He is totally organized and runs a tight ship.

While I'm intrigued....I really want a proven NFL head coach.

548503[/snapback]

People keep saying that...but the problem is, if they are available, then you are probably talking about a proven loser.

Yes, coaches make turnarounds (BB), but trying to pick the coach that is going to do that is just as hard as finding a first time HC that will succeed.

While I'm intrigued....I really want a proven NFL head coach.

548503[/snapback]

A proven loser ? What winners are available ?

I want someone who shows he can win. With your logic, Nick Saban should have never been hired by Miami. Didn't they just finish with 6 wins and a 9-7 record ?

Iowa was beat up this year with injuries and still went 8-4. The 3 years prior, 10-2,10-3 and 11-2.

This guy is a winner in the Big 10 and has coached under Belichick.

The best thing about that is Buffalo is friggin' Paris, France compared to Iowa. :blink: Ferentz would probably have to tell his wife to buy a new wardrobe, honey, we're movin' to the big city.

548535[/snapback]

Yeah, except we aren't burning our city down.

I'm not opposed to bringing in a college coach. If our options are some loser castoffs from other teams, then get someone from the college ranks.

And I would like a fresh start at HC because MM just plain has too many wacky ideas.

Yeah, except we aren't burning our city down.

I'm not opposed to bringing in a college coach.  If our options are some loser castoffs from other teams, then get someone from the college ranks.

And I would like a fresh start at HC because MM just plain has too many wacky ideas.

548558[/snapback]

The best thing about Ferentz, and why he's one of the only college guys or non NFL head coach experienced guys I would consider, is that he had a lot of years in the NFL before he went to college. He knows the major differences of the NFL game. He'd be a good hire, I think. Part of Mularkey's major problem is that he is a no-nonsense guy with a lot of nonsense. Kirk seems to be a straight shooter.