Bills will pick 9th

JimBob2232

The bills will pick 9th in the Draft, unless St. Louis beats Dallas tonight. If St. Louis wins, Buffalo moves up a slot and will pick 8th.

And THAT is the final word.

FYI Draft Order (before the St.Louis/Dallas game...I assumed Dallas wins)

1. Houston

2. NO

3. Ten

4. NYJ

5. GB

6. SF

7. Oak

8. STL

9. Buf

10. Arizona

The bills will pick 9th in the Draft, unless St. Louis beats Dallas tonight.  If St. Louis wins, Buffalo moves up a slot and will pick 8th.

And THAT is the final word.

FYI Draft Order (before the St.Louis/Dallas game...I assumed Dallas wins)

1. Houston

2. NO

3. Ten

4. NYJ

5. GB

6. SF

7. Oak

8. STL

9. Buf

10. Arizona

547748[/snapback]

That's a good place to pick. You can land an impact player but you aren't stuck with a crappy Mike Williams contract.

And hopefully someone who isn't TD is making the pick.

Good thing TEN imploded this year. Their 3rd (from the TH trade) is a pretty helpful pick right about now.

While still true, keep in mind that there is a rotation among teams with the same record. For example, there are Five 4-12 teams. Picking 3 through 7 each round, but, although tenessee picks third in the first round, Tenessee will not have the third pick in the 2nd round. I THINK tennessee will have the sixth pick in the 3rd round (our pick), but I am not positive on how that works. But there is a rotation.

9th is a very nice spot actually.not a crazy money 1st through 5th money pickand you are not "forced"to take the glamour picks like can't miss qb's,rb's and wr's.we blew it with our 4th pick a few years back(mike williams)hopefully we are not the bengals and we get it right this time!go bills in'06

9th is a very nice spot actually.not a crazy money 1st through 5th money pickand you are not "forced"to take the glamour picks like can't miss qb's,rb's and wr's.we blew it with our 4th pick a few years back(mike williams)hopefully we are not the bengals and we get it right this time!go bills in'06

547788[/snapback]

With a premier RB, QB, and OT at the top of the order (the only positions that really seem to garner significant trade attention), it would have been a great benefit to secure a top spot-- and trade it.

Oh, and BTW, we would have had the 3rd overall pick if we lost to cincy!

547769[/snapback]

I hate the counterintuition of pulling for losses while the season is still underway, but now that it is officially in the can (some might have argued that this was so the MINUTE we were in real contention for a top ten pick)...

...I'd really love that pick. With either Ferguson, Leinhart, or Bush surely on the board, we'd get a treasuretrove to move down only a few spaces. Terrence McGee...what a showoff.

547788[/snapback]

I think it's a decent spot, too. It's a nice spot to receive trade-down offers from this or that team drafting lower, that for whatever reasons, targeted a specific player or position that is a "must have" for them.

If the Bills end up with the 9th pick I am betting they trade down or take Jimmy williams (even if we franchise Clements), cb/S out of Va Tech. If M Williams or Hgata or Kiwi slides to us I am betting we take them.

What I consider the top 10 players or picks not necessarliy in this order. I would like any but the QB's, Rb's (I'd take Bush!) or Hawk for the 2006 Bills:

1. Bush, RB

2. Leinart, QB

3. Brick Ferguson, OT

4. Young, QB

5. Haloti Ngata, Dt

6. Mario Williams, DE

7. Hawk, LB

8. Mathias Kiwanuka

9. Deangelo Williams

10. Jimmy Williams

Trade down possible targets:

WINSTON JUSTICE OT