Bush Bowl: What A Joke

R. Rich

This game between San Fransisco and Houston was horrible. Neither team looked like they wanted to win this one. Embarrassing.

Way to go, Houston. You've "earned" the right to draft Reggie Bush, thereby neglecting your offensive line yet again. I sure hope David Carr is trying to get out of town, if he wants to keep from ending up brain dead, that is.

This game between San Fransisco and Houston was horrible.  Neither team looked like they wanted to win this one.  Embarrassing.

Way to go, Houston.  You've "earned" the right to draft Reggie Bush, thereby neglecting your offensive line yet again.  I sure hope David Carr is trying to get out of town, if he wants to keep from ending up brain dead, that is.

Yeah but we WANTED SF to win, for draft purposes, remember?

This game between San Fransisco and Houston was horrible.  Neither team looked like they wanted to win this one.  Embarrassing.

Way to go, Houston.  You've "earned" the right to draft Reggie Bush, thereby neglecting your offensive line yet again.  I sure hope David Carr is trying to get out of town, if he wants to keep from ending up brain dead, that is.

547609[/snapback]

Taking the fastest, most exciting impact player first overall automatically means they are going to neglect their offensive line? What the heck does that mean? They could use their next six picks on linemen. Are you saying that you think they should pass on Bush to take Fat Billy Bob Pullman from Iowa State? And I don't think David Carr will want to leave when you have a player coming who can turn a swing pass into a 70-yard touchdown.

Taking the fastest, most exciting impact player first overall automatically means they are going to neglect their offensive line?  What the heck does that mean?  They could use their next six picks on linemen.  Are you saying that you think they should pass on Bush to take Fat Billy Bob Pullman from Iowa State?  And I don't think David Carr will want to leave when you have a player coming who can turn a swing pass into a 70-yard touchdown.

547683[/snapback]

Perhaps you're right.

Forgive me, as I'm a bit of a novice about the sport and sometimes can get carried away.

547609[/snapback]

Amen R Rich! It's obvious Houston tanked to win the Bush sweepstake$. Man, part of me hopes Bush either flops or that (hoping) he turns down the Texans.

They don't DESERVE to get a player of Bush's calibre. Their kicker Brown intentionally missed easy kicks in games. And they choked against the Rams too in one of the most embarrassing games ever.

F the Texans! ;)

after a few hours of reflection, i'm glad that i've never seen the bills intentionally lose a game. The Buffalo Bills may suck, they may be the butt of jokes and commercials, they may be four time super bowl losers, but they are a proud, decent franchise that i'm proud to call mine. It could be a whole lot worse for us... look at houston fans. your team lost a playoff game after being up 35-3, then you lost the franchise to another city (who went to the bowl 2 or 3 years later). When you get your team back, they suck and throw games. glad i'm not you and i'm glad my blood is red white and blue.

Perhaps you're right.

Forgive me, as I'm a bit of a novice about the sport and sometimes can get carried away.

547692[/snapback]

Don't be THAT tough on yourself, OK?

You simply need to get your football priorities in order, that's all. Here is the winning formula:

1) Small, injured wideouts and TEs.

2) 75 million dollar running backs, with or without blocking.

3) Babbling, high fiving, loose cannon quarterbacks fresh out of college, and let the cost be damned; this in terms of both salary and draft slot. Trade up for one if need be because the extra picks forfeited are meaningless. You gotta do what you gotta do, right?

I think that you already knew that the above was the way to go and that you were merely slipping.

Perhaps HOU will trade down a bit. Or stay. Or take that that big OT everybody is ga-ga about...

547899[/snapback]

They SHOULD do both. Trade down to 2 or 3, pick up another 2nd +, and take Fergeson.

They won't do that, but they should. Like most people I'm a big Reggie Bush fan. I think he's one of the most dominant college players I've ever seen. I compare watching him play to watching clips of Lebron James play high school games.

That said, in the NFL Bush will be a good RB. That's it. And even if he is in the league of Sean Alexander, Larry Johnson, and LT (very possible), he's still just one guy. 2 out of those 3 RB's are not in the playoffs this year, and the 3rd is in the NFC. ;)

If Buffalo were in that position, I would be screaming to trade down.

547609[/snapback]

Actually, if you were unfortunate enough to have watched any of the other texan or 49er games this season, you'd know that this was actually on of their better efforts!

Hey, guess what - Alex Smith only fumbled the ball once (again, with no one near him) and ACTUALLY THREW A TD PASS (his 1st of the season).

As bad as the Bills are, the Cardinals, Houston, 9ers, and Lions look even more pathetic and hopeless. I that respect, I suppose I can be thankful (?) that the bills season wasn't worse...