what will you do when holcomb finally hits

Johnny

It's official.  You are the only one with bird flu, Johnny.  It's obvious from the coaching staff's actions that JP is too injured to play.

546892[/snapback]

huh? never said i'll pop one when jp starts just when holcomb hits the waiver wire........

You said I had bird flu because I said JP was too injured to play.

546907[/snapback]

so was tomlinson for san diego when he played......if jp has a serious injury we will eventually find out...if not then he's being held out and not allowed to play ............i dont have to list instances when even qb's sucked up a little pain to play a football game.......

You're right.  JP should risk further damage to play a meaningless final regular season game - just so guys like you won't think he's a kitty.

546923[/snapback]

nah....just cause he needs reps so next season isnt spent trying to see what he's got.........

when all else fails, blame it on the guy who was brought in here to be the back up QB.

546990[/snapback]

how bout some props for a great idea by me ........instead of letting drunks guzzle it down i'll use it on buffalos progress

You're right.  JP should risk further damage to play a meaningless final regular season game - just so guys like you won't think he's a kitty.

546923[/snapback]

I like Holcomb as our backup QB but Mularkey needed to get JP some playing time in this last game. I know some fans believe he's really hurt but I don't buy it. He's probably a little banged up but I'm sure most players are this time of year. I think he's about as injured as Mike Williams is. I have to be honest in saying I believe Mularkey has played him to help his job situation. I don't know if JP is the guy but at this point we may never know.

546923[/snapback]

Then why dress him? Why make him second string? Why even send him to the Meadowlands if he's !@#$ing hurt and the game is meaningless? Leave him at home and have Shane Matthews back up Holcomb.

I find it hard to believe there is anything wrong with Losman except for the fact that Mularkey thought Holcomb could get him the win today.

• 2 weeks later...
i saved three champagne bottles from last night.........one will be popped when the gm is let go.......one with the coach's exit......and one when Holcomb is put on waivers.

546886[/snapback]

Remind him to call Losman at whatever team (or Burger King) he is working at and ask for a recommendation!

i saved three champagne bottles from last night.........one will be popped when the gm is let go.......one with the coach's exit......and one when Holcomb is put on waivers.

546886[/snapback]

Yeah, because Holcomb is a veteran QB who came here, worked hard, kept his mouth shut, didn't get injured despite a horrible OL, and gave the Bills everything he had on every snap. I hate guys like that. B-)

worked hard, kept his mouth shut, didn't get injured despite a horrible OL, and gave the Bills everything he had on every snap. I hate guys like that.  B-)

563968[/snapback]

That describes JP, to a "T"

Except the injury part, but Kelly was hurt too.

546886[/snapback]

Yeah..Holcomb has reall driven this franchise into the ground.

You are in the ass-clown hall of fame for that post!

johnny, i don't think you know what you're talking about.

Holcomb is a better QB than Losman right now. Holcomb should have been the starter all season. You watch. Now JP is going to have to learn a new offense, and it will NOT be a smooth transition. I'll take any bet that JP is NOT our starter next season. And I'll win.

That describes JP,  to a "T"

Except the injury part,  but Kelly was hurt too.

563990[/snapback]

I don't want to turn this thread into a debate about whether Holcomb or JP is better. Even if JP were to become the next Montana, it wouldn't make Holcomb any less of a football player.

What impresses me about Holcomb is that, in the 2005 season, the Bills never scored fewer than 16 points in a game where he played the whole way. Never. It didn't matter how bad the offensive line was, or whether there was a running game or not, or what the playcalling was like. When the final seconds ticked off the clock, the Bills always had at least 16 points on the board.

Do you know what the smallest Patriots' score was for the season? 16 points, which they did twice. Compare the Patriots' line to Buffalo's, or the consistency of their receivers, or the quality of their playcalling, or the TE situation. There's something to be said for a Bills QB who led the offense to the same level of consistency as the Pats despite not being given the same tools for the job. Maybe there aren't enough other now players on the Bills to build a team around Holcomb, and maybe the time has come to trade him away. But he deserves nothing but respect for the job he's done here in Buffalo.