what will you do when holcomb finally hits

Johnny

I don't want to turn this thread into a debate about whether Holcomb or JP is better. Even if JP were to become the next Montana, it wouldn't make Holcomb any less of a football player.

What impresses me about Holcomb is that, in the 2005 season, the Bills never scored fewer than 16 points in a game where he played the whole way. Never. It didn't matter how bad the offensive line was, or whether there was a running game or not, or what the playcalling was like. When the final seconds ticked off the clock, the Bills always had at least 16 points on the board.

Do you know what the smallest Patriots' score was for the season? 16 points, which they did twice. Compare the Patriots' line to Buffalo's, or the consistency of their receivers, or the quality of their playcalling, or the TE situation. There's something to be said for a Bills QB who led the offense to the same level of consistency as the Pats despite not being given the same tools for the job. Maybe there aren't enough other now players on the Bills to build a team around Holcomb, and maybe the time has come to trade him away. But he deserves nothing but respect for the job he's done here in Buffalo.

564073[/snapback]

blah blah blah...

B-)

when all else fails, blame it on the guy who was brought in here to be the back up QB.

546990[/snapback]

lol.....blame it on a guy who did all we could expect of him.....we woulda been 7-9 with him starting all games...what the hell are people on holcombs case for?.....wut a friggin joke.

i saved three champagne bottles from last night.........one will be popped when the gm is let go.......one with the coach's exit......and one when Holcomb is put on waivers.

546886[/snapback]

Then we are totally screwed for the next two years. Might as well completely overhual the D now so that the young guys are mature enough to play when JP is good to go.