Bears are my NFC Champion

Mikie2times

Don't let Seattle fool you, the NFC is completely up for grabs this year and the Bears are looking more and more like a team of destiny. Their defense is vanilla but dominating, and they have a great ground attack. What's scary is they still could get a lot better as Grossman improves. Old Rexy has been injured every season he's played, but when he has played he's been good. If they can start scoring 20+ a game not only will this team win the NFC, but they might just take it all, and that’s not something I thought a NFC team could do a few months ago.

Remember - they played a pretty poor team in Green Bay today. But I get what you're saying. Grossman has certainly sparked their offense enough to make them a contender. He definitely gives them more of a chance because of his quick decisions and accurate deep throws.

I still say the NFC is up for grabs. If Washington wins next week and gets in they could even make some noise in the playoffs. Remember who beat the Chicago Bears in week 1? Yep, the Skins' pulled it off in a close one.

I think a lot of the teams in the NFC who will make the playoffs are defensive minded ones who have question marks on offense, except Seattle. But they have benefitted from an easier schedule. Giants, Redskins, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Carolina, and I guess Seattle may fall into the category of having a solid defense. Most of those teams are definitely known as superb defensive teams. That's why it makes it so hard to pick one out of the group with certainty.

One thing to look out for is Seattle is 8-0 at home this year and that home field advantage may play a big part in them advancing in the playoffs.

Chicago's defense has benefitted from facing very few teams with actual offenses. Personally, I think the Bears' defense is overrated, and it wouldn't surprise me if some other NFC team took the championship. Maybe someone from the NFC South.

542981[/snapback]

The steelers whipped them pretty solidly behind Big Ben....They have been

soft againt the contenders and pretty hard on the pretenders (a la Vikings).

The Redskins are hot and cold and recycle....It depends on which Santana

Moss shows up on that day.

Don't let Seattle fool you, the NFC is completely up for grabs this year and the Bears are looking more and more like a team of destiny.  Their defense is vanilla but dominating, and they have a great ground attack.  What's scary is they still could get a lot better as Grossman improves.  Old Rexy has been injured every season he's played, but when he has played he's been good.  If they can start scoring 20+ a game not only will this team win the NFC, but they might just take it all, and that’s not something I thought a NFC team could do a few months ago.

542513[/snapback]

I'm with ya - the last time both #1 seeds made the SB was 93 Buffalo/Dallas and I think Seattle has a much better chance to lose than Indy. If the Giants somehow lose to the Raiders and the Redskins can get a home game I'll take Wash, but otherwise I like the Bears.

Most of the replies in this thread are kinda dumb IMO. People ripping the Bears schedule when Seattle plays in the NFC West? They should have a decent record vs. playoff teams because they played an Indy team that was running for the bus, and the Giants & Cowboys at home (they were lucky to win both of those games) and they got spanked in Jacksonville. The Steelers were playing for their playoff lives at home when they played the Bears so I don't put a ton of stock into that game. They did beat the Bucs in Tampa, which is a higher quality road win than Seattle has all year.

Most of the replies in this thread are kinda dumb IMO.  People ripping the Bears schedule when Seattle plays in the NFC West?  They should have a decent record vs. playoff teams because they played an Indy team that was running for the bus, and the Giants & Cowboys at home (they were lucky to win both of those games) and they got spanked in Jacksonville.  The Steelers were playing for their playoff lives at home when they played the Bears so I don't put a ton of stock into that game.  They did beat the Bucs in Tampa, which is a higher quality road win than Seattle has all year.

544933[/snapback]

Seattle' opponents are a combined .436, good for the NFL's easiest schedule, and as you pointed out many of the good teams they have played have been under ideal circumstances. Of the 15 games they played so far 5 have come against teams with legit playoff aspirations as we enter the final week. Seattle ended up going 3-2 against those teams, but look how they won those three games.

Dallas- Bledsoe INT at midfield with under 20 seconds in a tie game

Giants- 3 missed game winning FG's

Colts- First game following the death of Tony Dungy's son, and a Colts team with nothing to play for.

The Bears SOS isn't much better, but that just illustrates how wide open this things is. The two teams getting the bye have played cake teams all year, and the rest of the teams in it don't appear like they can run off the three straight wins necessary to reach the SB.

I wouldn't lay a dime on either Conference champion at this point.

I also wouldn't bet against the Patriots.  Damnit.

545140[/snapback]

...luck wont knock them out of the playoffs...i'll bet against them next week if they play pittsburgh