Did anybody see the positives

justnzane

Yeah the Bills were really flat yesterday, but I definitely saw much from the Bills that was encouraging.

We actually had good returns, McGee and Clements did pretty well (it is really bad when the television crew couldn't actually find the hold on the punt return). And London Fletcher had a better return than antonio brown would have had yesterday.

Bledsoe actually made some smart decisions as his only pick was from a bad drop by henry. He consistently threw the ball where his guys should get it.

The coaches are still implementing their system so it is a work in progress but it still developing better the first games with GW.

Defense was solid as usual, but still no turnovers to speak of.

Anybody else find some + signs, to contradict the negative Buffalo/ Rochester media?

Yeah the Bills were really flat yesterday, but I definitely saw much from the Bills that was encouraging.

We actually had good returns, McGee and Clements did pretty well (it is really bad when the television crew couldn't actually find the hold on the punt return). And London Fletcher had a better return than antonio brown would have had yesterday.

Bledsoe actually made some smart decisions as his only pick was from a bad drop by henry. He consistently threw the ball where his guys should get it.

The coaches are still implementing their system so it is a work in progress but it still developing better the first games with GW.

Anybody else find some + signs, to contradict the negative Buffalo/ Rochester media?

38469[/snapback]

Nice summary.

They're 0-2 by a grand total of 6 points, they aren't getting blown out of games. A play here and a play there, and these guys are 2-0. I'm looking forward to the Pats game, I think Buffalo will win it.

media?

38469[/snapback]

This is just wrong. First off, that INT was a poorly thrown ball, way too high and way too hard. It would have been a very difficult catch. I split the blame on that one as had either Bledsoe or Henry made a play it wouldn't have happened.

Also, Bledsoe was off target all day long. Passes too high, too hard, too low, I haven't seen that many skip passes since Flutie was lining up behind center. Bledsoe himself even admitted he was off, so why try to cover for him. He had a bad game, about as bad as a QB can have without throwing multiple INTs.

I agree.....0-2 sucks but is not something that can't be over-come. The defense looks solid..again....if the Offense can improve, and I think it will as theline comes together and the system is played out, we can still make a run at it......The Jerry Sullivan "we're billsfanone" crowd can kiss my a**.....

is this a joke? I'm a very positive guy and I see ZERO promise for our offense because of our enept Qb Bledsoe. Drop by Henry on the Pick?!? he was wide open!...hit him in the numbers Drew, I could do it. Bledsoe cant find our guys open anymore, hes washed up..over the hill.

Fukk troy Vincent..i want JP now.

Hysterical....

" We only lost by a total of 6 points "

Yeah, and one game we choked away the other we weren't even close until Bledsoe completed a hail mary.

Bledsoe was 11/22 yesterday with 103 yards if you don't count the final fluke drive. And sacked 7 times.

The "ELUSIVE" Willis McGahee and Travis Henry combined to average 3 ypc.

And we haven't even discussed the 3rd and 27 play.

Positives? I'm sick of making excuses for this team. It's been WAY too long since we played like we have a set of balls.

I didn't see ONE good pass by Bledsoe - NOT ONE.

38606[/snapback]

Bledsoe had an off day but you didnt see him complete one good pass?? Moulds for 36??

How bout Bledsoe being mauled by a Raider Lineman(Sapp...?), instead of going down he stayed up knowing he was going to get trumped by a LB, got the pass off, to only have it hit REED right in between the numbers and be dropped(just another dropped first down pass, whats that 6-7 already this season).....

Theres alot of blame to be spread around with this offense...its not just one player or unit....there all playing like amateurs and that needs to stop....

Guest Guest_dan_*
I thought that London Fletcher did a hell of a job returning kicks.....WTF!!!!

38604[/snapback]

I agree.. was this something I missed before? Or is was this the first time? In what world are linebackers returning kicks?

About the only positive I saw was.. well, it was.... no it would have been. Hell I'm still refusing to believe I saw the Bills play. That had to be someone else's team right?

38469[/snapback]

At least we ended Jerry Rices streak of games with at least 1 catch!

Guest Guest_dan_*

The way I see it the best thing about this game is that ... next week we have a buy.

I used to think that a buy after 2 weeks was horrible. But, now I think its the only way we can save our season. Let's face it - the Bills are still playing preseason ball. Maybe 2 miserable defeats, followed by 2 weeks of gettin their sh@% together is what they need to put the pieces together and have a good year. The only bad thing is we're playing the Patriots in 2 weeks. I really wish it wer anybody else. But, maybe the Pats will be ripe for a whoopin -- They're all cocky and condifent in their greatness, thinking more about the consecutive win streak with the miserable Bills in their way. No problem lets get to that 19th game and win. While the Bills are backed to the wall, focused on one thing, and determined to not lose the season after 3 games.

Well, that's about as positive as I can get after that pisspoor game.

Bledsoe had an off day but you didnt see him complete one good pass??  Moulds for 36??

How bout Bledsoe being mauled by a Raider Lineman(Sapp...?), instead of going down he stayed up knowing he was going to get trumped by a LB, got the pass off, to only have it hit REED right in between the numbers and be dropped(just another dropped first down pass, whats that 6-7 already this season).....

Theres alot of blame to be spread around with this offense...its not just one player or unit....there all playing like amateurs and that needs to stop....

38704[/snapback]

The play you cited had hilight reel written all over it until Reed failed to make the catch. Had he closed his hands on the ball and fell backwards to gain a foot after the catch that would have been a huge 1st down play at a pivotal time in the game.

Instead, Reed drops it, Bledsoe gets an incomplete on his stat sheet, and the lemmings start clamoring. But for what, for whom? Shane Matthews?

Yeah, he's the answer. [/sarcasm]

Hysterical....

" We only lost by a total of 6 points "

Yeah, and one game we choked away the other we weren't even close until Bledsoe completed a hail mary.

38569[/snapback]

Would you have prefered we lost in blowouts?

After reading your posts I'm under the impression if the Bills beat the Raiders 51-3 on Sunday you'd be pissed because either:

A-> We didn't score 60 points, or

B-> We gave up 3 points.

If the Bills create so much consternation in your life, why do you continue to follow them?