For those of you looking for leaders,

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay

It's only 2 games, but some of the vets must be sniffing the stench of last year's dead season. I for one am happy they're not waiting until week 10 to air it out.

Pat Williams -

"We're just killing ourselves. Every week we're beating ourselves. They didn't really beat us. We beat us. Same as last week. It's depressing. It's frustrating."

"We get it on the 1 and we've got to score. You get opportunities like that and you've got to put it in."

Eric Moulds -

"I'm frustrated, disappointed. I don't think it feels like last year, but I think a lot of things we're doing are uncharacteristic of this team. Mistakes are just killing us."

"If they're going to tee off on the quarterback we've got to be able to pass protect or max protect and give the receivers the chance to get downfield and try to make plays. We've got to get ourselves in second-and-short and third-and-short so we can take shots."

"We get on the 1-yard line and two weeks in a row we don't score a touchdown. We want to be a power running team, but in order to do that you need to punch it in on third-and-1. They got in third-and-1 and they got a 7-yard gain. If that's going to be our identity, we need to correct it real fast."

Takeo Spikes -

"In order to beat a team we need to beat, we have to capitalize on all opportunities. If you're inside the 1 we need to score. We don't need to think about three points. We need to score. Point blank. Period."

Eric Moulds -

"If they're going to tee off on the quarterback we've got to be able to pass protect or max protect and give the receivers the chance to get downfield and try to make plays. We've got to get ourselves in second-and-short and third-and-short so we can take shots."

Moulds later added, "and when the ball does get to the recievers, they need to remember to catch the ball and then complete the play without fumbling it away!"

"...I don't think it feels like last year, but I think a lot of things we're doing are uncharacteristic of this team. Mistakes are just killing us."

38460[/snapback]

I'd have to disagree with Eric here, the things they're doing are VERY characteristic of this team. It would be uncharacteristic if they didn't have so many stupid penalties and brain cramps.

It's only 2 games, but some of the vets must be sniffing the stench of last year's dead season.  I for one am happy they're not waiting until week 10 to air it out.

Pat Williams -

"We're just killing ourselves. Every week we're beating ourselves. They didn't really beat us. We beat us. Same as last week. It's depressing. It's frustrating."

"We get it on the 1 and we've got to score. You get opportunities like that and you've got to put it in."

Eric Moulds -

"I'm frustrated, disappointed. I don't think it feels like last year, but I think a lot of things we're doing are uncharacteristic of this team. Mistakes are just killing us."

"We get on the 1-yard line and two weeks in a row we don't score a touchdown. We want to be a power running team, but in order to do that you need to punch it in on third-and-1. They got in third-and-1 and they got a 7-yard gain. If that's going to be our identity, we need to correct it real fast."

Takeo Spikes -

"In order to beat a team we need to beat, we have to capitalize on all opportunities.  If you're inside the 1 we need to score. We don't need to think about three points. We need to score. Point blank. Period."

38460[/snapback]

It's one thing to B word after the game but it's another to grab ahold of one of your team mates and B word during the game.

Guest BackInDaDay
It's one thing to B word after the game but it's another to grab ahold of one of your team mates and B word during the game.

38518[/snapback]

I don't want to see it escalate to showing up teammates on the sideline, but if the 'performances' of some don't improve, bad blood will boil.

Guest BackInDaDay
I'm not impressed by "sounding off" off the field.  How about just making plays on it?

38639[/snapback]

I agree. The point I was trying to make is that this isn't only this season's frustration being voiced, it's last season's also. Mularkey has to turn his team's anger outward (to the opponent), before it festers inside.

The Pats are the perfect team to be coming to Buffalo. The Bills can get themselves righted real quick by putting an old-fashioned a$$-kicking on the team that sets the bar for the entire league. This is the division rival that achieves the success that his players have squandered for the better part of 2 years. This can be a major 'statement' game for the Bills. Belichik knows what a dangerous situation his team is walking into in 2 weeks, because he knows he could be facing a team that will not be denied.

This is Mularkey's first true test as a head coach. He has to take on all of the deamons pulling and tearing at his team since 2003, and channel them through a 60 minute exorcism Oct 3rd. This can be the game that will be looked back upon as being the turning point of the Bill's 2004 season, and as the cornerstone of Mularkey's coaching career.

This can be the game that will be looked back upon as being the turning point of the Bill's 2004 season, and as the cornerstone of Mularkey's coaching career. 

i really hope you're right. It could also be yet another loss in a terrible season. But, i hope you're right about beating the pats.

It's only 2 games, but some of the vets must be sniffing the stench of last year's dead season.  I for one am happy they're not waiting until week 10 to air it out.

Takeo Spikes -

"In order to beat a team we need to beat, we have to capitalize on all opportunities.  If you're inside the 1 we need to score. We don't need to think about three points. We need to score. Point blank. Period."

38460[/snapback]

Hey Drew...are you listening? :)