Do your remember when....

Mike Stratton walloping Keith Lincoln in the AFL championship game.

Watching Calvin Murphy at Niagara

Watching Bob Lanier at Bennet High School and Bonaventure

Joe Ferguson limping his way through a playoff game (guts personified)

Bob McAdoo, Gar Heard, Randy Smith (of Buff State) and the Braves.

The French Connection (A line of its talent or beauty has never been seen before or since)

OJ..(awful human being, but an unbelievable running back)

The superbowl, no-huddle great Bills teams...

Schoney music

Scroll down the page a little to find the Shoenfeld album.

540676[/snapback]

Ned, that is and AWESOME site for us old timers. Thank you for posting that link!!!!

Now, I know what we will be listening too opening the presents on Sunday morning.

Ya Know were gunna win that cup, ya know were gunna win that cup, we got crozier in goal yea.

Just Awesome

Ned, that is and AWESOME site for us old timers. Thank you for posting that link!!!!

Now, I know what we will be listening too opening the presents on Sunday morning.

Ya Know were gunna win that cup, ya know were gunna win that cup, we got crozier in goal yea.

Just Awesome

540740[/snapback]

Awesome indeed - I believe the actual name of the album was "Shoeny Sings" - even more surprising is that one of the producers is "Dr. Dirty" himself - Jon Valby!

Great job tracking it down.

What is your best memory of Buffalo sports?  Mine is back in the 70's when the Bills were hot and the Sabres were HOT (like now) and the Braves held first place in the Division.  I remember I think it was Good Morning America doing a story on Buffalo and calling it "SPORTS TOWN USA".  I use to love to listen to Van Miller call the Bills games and Ted Darling doing the Sabres games,  can anyone help me out ?  Did Van also do the Braves games?  Life was simpler and we were number one across the board.  Those were the days !

540287[/snapback]

I remember going to the main post office at midnight to get our request for STANDING ROOM tickets postmarked as early as possible. I remember seeing the Sabres win a 14-2 game. I remember Sports Illustrated rating all the cities and Buffalo being 1, or possibly 2 behind Philly. We even had professional team tennis - the Buffalo Royals. Those were the days boy.

What is your best memory of Buffalo sports?  Mine is back in the 70's when the Bills were hot and the Sabres were HOT (like now) and the Braves held first place in the Division.  I remember I think it was Good Morning America doing a story on Buffalo and calling it "SPORTS TOWN USA".  I use to love to listen to Van Miller call the Bills games and Ted Darling doing the Sabres games,  can anyone help me out ?  Did Van also do the Braves games?  Life was simpler and we were number one across the board.  Those were the days !

540287[/snapback]

Dan Nevereth did the Braves games, until he was fired for making a negative comment about trading away Bob McAdoo

Dan Nevereth did the Braves games, until he was fired for making a negative comment about trading away Bob McAdoo

540785[/snapback]

Yep...Neavereth did the announcing at the Aud IIRC. After Brown traded McAdoo to the Knicks for C John Gianelli, he introduced him as "McGianelli". That was it for him! :flirt:

There are so many - especially from the Bills' glory days - but my favorite of all time was December 13, 1972 - Jim Schoenfeld knocking Bruins' winger Wayne Cashman right thru the boards into the parked Zamboni!

540303[/snapback]

And then he proceeded to beat the crap out of him! I don't think I'll ever forget that one!

Bisons!  In the Bflo. Public schools, I remember getting the day off to go the home opener if you showed up at school the day before with your ticket! And the folks watching games from their roofs around Offerman.

Same for the hockey Bisons - Ruby Pastor, the Pepsi bottlecap logo in the mid-'50's...

540666[/snapback]

Offerman Stadium was the most comfortable ballpark I've ever been in. It had the same intimacy as Fenway Park has, with, as you suggest, a touch of Wrigley Field. It's a shame it's gone.

Just Awesome

540740[/snapback]

OMG--I listened to a bit of watchtower and she was just 17......--L O L--HORRIBLE-----both the songs sounded just the same too..hehehe..I havent heard anything like that since the Bay City Rollers.

OJ coming to our Little League football game when we played in Williamsville. I was on the 90lb Shaefer (sp) Furniture team. Is Shaefers Furniture still around?

As a part of the Kensington YMCA trampoline team we did halftime shows at Braves games.

Being at the game when Perreault scored his 500th.

Holding my 6 month old son in my arms as I watched the Bills come back against the Oilers in the playoff game. I was jumping up and down and the kid never woke up. BTW one of the 1st things he learned to say was GO BILLS!

Van Miller did Niagara games. Charley Bailey did Canisius games. I'll always remember 1970 St. Bona basketball team: Lanier, Gary, Gantt, Satilin, Kalbaugh, Kull, Klimkowski, and the garbageman Johnny Hayes!

540687[/snapback]

With Calvin Murphy at Niagara and Randy Smith at Buffalo State - those were the golden days of western New York college basketball.