Who should we invade next?

Chilly

It's a shame that in this country we've all but abandoned civics, history and geography education in exchange for some half-hearted attempt at raising math and science test scores.

In my wife's school district, they don't even TEACH social studies until 9th grade.

Pathetic.

I hope I live long enough to take advantage of the next generation of half-illiterates.

It's a shame that in this country we've all but abandoned civics, history and geography education in exchange for some half-hearted attempt at raising math and science test scores.

In my wife's school district, they don't even TEACH social studies until 9th grade.

Pathetic.

I hope I live long enough to take advantage of the next generation of half-illiterates.

539843[/snapback]

Shop for the best school. If you don't, you're insane. And whether you can or can't afford a choice, you have to become a teacher to your own kids.

Those interviewed by the fellow with the pompous english accent were not all young people, by the way. And the map was falsely labled. I would not have fallen for what was basically a set up to portray Americans as stupid. I'm sure any who showed any intelligence would not have made the video. Michael Moore wanabe anyone?

you have to become a teacher to your own kids.

539874[/snapback]

What ? I don't have time. That's the responsibility of teachers and after school programs.

I work hard and need to watch LOST, Survivor and NYPD Blue when I get home. Have you seen all the great microwave meals ? Parenting is no biggie.

" DING ! Kids, grab your pocket and keep the noise down. "

And those are the types of folks getting polled. Yeah, I believe poll numbers. :D

That video was so funny it scared me.

539869[/snapback]

No. Probably most people are getting polled and know more than than these morons... Do you think they made the cut to get on the video? Probably not because once they edit it, it looks better if you just show the dumb asses.

:w00t::doh:

No.  Probably most people are getting polled and know more than than these morons... Do you think they made the cut to get on the video?  Probably not because once they edit it, it looks better if you just show the dumb asses.

:D  :w00t:

540386[/snapback]

You missed the point. That there are people like that out there, period. Twist it anyway you want Elvis. :doh:

I suppose polls cant be skewed too. :doh:;)

Pathetic.

539843[/snapback]

I've heard there are actual video game majors now....pathetic!

I've heard there are actual video game majors now....pathetic!

540448[/snapback]

I'm gonna have to disagree with you calling that pathetic.

Video Game majors are people who design and create video games. That includes the math, programming, image design, physics, etc behind the video games.

Video Game majors are people who design and create video games.  That includes the math, programming, image design, physics, etc behind the video games.

540459[/snapback]

Plus, they decide whether I get points for banging whores and then offing them.

Seems like these idiots know

By the way, those 2 girls that are standing outside of the Barnes and Noble, it looks like that is UT.  There used to be a Barnes and Noble right across the street from UT's campus, looked exactly like that one, and you can hear the clock tower (which also sounds like UT's).

539767[/snapback]

what is amazing is that everyone was pinning australia in attempts to show were Iran, Korea, sri lanka, france all were.

Video Game majors are people who design and create video games.  That includes the math, programming, image design, physics, etc behind the video games.

540459[/snapback]

oh, I'm not dissing the amount of work that goes into it- those are talented people, no doubt- but what they do is a waste of time, that leads the youth of our nation to stagnate, and waste time as well.

The old games such as Pac Man, Galaxian, Tempest, and Adventure were much more fun anyways

oh, I'm not dissing the amount of work that goes into it- those are talented people, no doubt- but what they do is a waste of time, that leads the youth of our nation to stagnate, and waste time as well.

The old games such as Pac Man, Galaxian, Tempest, and Adventure were much more fun anyways

540602[/snapback]

I disagree. Everyone needs at least some sort of entertainment and relaxation. If Video Games are your thing, go for it.

The problem isn't that the games exist, the problem is that parents won't regulate how much their kids play the games.

Sounds an awful lot like the "don't blame the parents, blame the <insert industry here>" arguments that all sorts of people have been using lately.

what is amazing is that everyone was pinning australia in attempts to show were Iran, Korea, sri lanka, france all were.

you obviously didn't get the joke. The guy doing the interview was AUSTRALIAN - for an australian TV show. Every time someone pinned the map on australia, it was because the real australia was labeled "France" or "Iran" in big letters. Now, it doesn't make the people any less stupid, but there were probably hundreds of people who called the guy out on it and said "that's not iran", but of course they didn't show that.