Anyone get the feeling Mularkey is doing whats

Johnny

Why else would you go for a field goal late in a game you are getting crushed in. You are trying to make the numbers look good for when your coach review period comes up. MM is playing the "make it look good on paper" game.

If Holcomb can score more points and make the numbers look better...

Why else would you go for a field goal late in a game you are getting crushed in. You are trying to make the numbers look good for when your coach review period comes up. MM is playing the "make it look good on paper" game.

If Holcomb can score more points and make the numbers look better...

539282[/snapback]

we're 4-10....how many more points do we need?

we're 4-10....how many more points do we need?

539287[/snapback]

Ok then try to explain this...

3rd quarter of NE vs Buffalo, we are losing 21-0. We get to the 32 yard line and then kick a field goal on 4th down. How is a field goal going to help this team? The 3rd quarter is half way over and we have been getting dominated all game.

... Mularky didn't want a shutout to be added to his resume. He's doing what helps him and not his team.

Ok then try to explain this...

3rd quarter of NE vs Buffalo, we are losing 21-0. We get to the 32 yard line and then kick a field goal on 4th down. How is a field goal going to help this team? The 3rd quarter is half way over and we have been getting dominated all game.

... Mularky didn't want a shutout to be added to his resume. He's doing what helps him and not his team.

539297[/snapback]

Because the most difficult points to score are always the first ones. It wasn't a poor decision.

Actually, given this team's success on their opening drives, the first points seem to be easiest for them.  It's everything thereafter that's like pulling teeth.

539672[/snapback]

I wasn't talking about this particular team, I was talking about football in general. It wasn't a bad decision to take the points.

I wasn't talking about this particular team, I was talking about football in general.  It wasn't a bad decision to take the points.

539675[/snapback]

you're absolutely right: the end of the second half 3 weeks ago -- the bills lead miami 21-0. miami decides to kick a fg to make it 21-3 just before the half, and the fans boo. it was obviously the right move, in retrospect.