Way to go DiCesare!

i was pissed off.....i mean really pissed off on Saturday night listening to Trevor Pryce "mic'd up" for ESPN.....the one time they caught him jumping off sides and he was laughing....it sounded like he was just toying with the Bills OL.

Made me sick.

This OL....and it's ineptness will be Tom Donahoe's mark on the Bills. DiCesare nailed it.

".....But Mr. Wilson we've sold the stadium out this season, only the fourth time in franchise history, see I told you we don't need to win, just bring in some glitz, run a pretty training camp and the sheep...err fans will buy tickets."

"Things haven't looked this bleak in more than 20 years."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree with everything but the last sentence. This is the new NFL, where a teams' fortune (except for Detroit and Arizona) can turn on a dime if management is smart and the owner is willing to spend (as I believe RW is).

Look at some of the last few SB teams that have gone up in flames:

XXXVII (2003): Oakland

XXXVI (2002): St. Louis

XXXV (2001): Baltimore

XXXIV (2000): Tennessee

Or teams that have made a big move since 2003:

Pittsburgh (6-10 in 2003 vs. 9-5 in 2005)

NY Giants (4-12 in 2003 vs. 10-4 in 2005)

Jacksonville (5-11 in 2003 vs. 10-4 in 2005)

San Diego (4-12 in 2003 vs. 9-5 in 2005)

Chicago (7-9 in 2003 vs. 10-4 in 2005)

If we get a competent GM, a few good FAs, draft well and have a bit of luck (JP turns out to be more Carson Palmer and less Kyle Boller), the Bills can be right back in the thick of things in a hurry.

Yes, thank you Bob Dicesare for highlighting the failure of Bills drafting OLs in early rounds, especially when compared to Denver - which got their starting line from - 1st Rd, 4th Rd, 6th Rd, 7th Rd & UDFA.

Good thing that Denver did as well with their 3rd Rd pick this year.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rants.

Yes, thank you Bob Dicesare for highlighting the failure of Bills drafting OLs in early rounds, especially when compared to Denver - which got their starting line from - 1st Rd, 4th Rd, 6th Rd, 7th Rd & UDFA. 

Good thing that Denver did as well with their 3rd Rd pick this year.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rants.

536690[/snapback]

Uh-huh.

Well, OUR strategy of drafting OL in the third and lower rounds has sure borne fruit hasn't it?

Just because NE or Denver did it doesn't necessarily translate into the Bills being able to do it as well.

Uh-huh.

Well, OUR strategy of drafting OL in the third and lower rounds has sure borne fruit hasn't it?

Just because NE or Denver did it doesn't necessarily translate into the Bills being able to do it as well.

536695[/snapback]

That's fine and dandy, but when a professional sports writer uses that logic to felate Denver, it has to pass the smell test.

I recall Denver was the laughing stock of the eague only 6 months ago for the Clarrett pick and importing the entire washed out Browns' DL. Who's laughing now, and who are the experts anyway?

You never know, after Denver craps out their usual 1st round playoff game, the DL may return to their old Browns ways and Shanahan will again be one foot away from firing.

You never know, after Denver craps out their usual 1st round playoff game, the DL may return to their old Browns ways and Shanahan will again be one foot away from firing.

536699[/snapback]

You're right, you never know. But I'll take their odds over ours any day.

".....But Mr. Wilson we've sold the stadium out this season, only the fourth time in franchise history, see I told you we don't need to win, just bring in some glitz, run a pretty training camp and the sheep...err fans will buy tickets."

536632[/snapback]

Not to pick on you, but what has made anyone think Ralph is content with losing as long as the stadium sells out?

I will say it again. WE ARE ONE PLAYER AWAY on offense.

All we need is a right tackle.

Peters-Gandy-Preston/Teague-Villareal-RT?

That is an above-average line right there. As bad as this season has been, I really don't think we need major changes. One RT, 2 DTs, I think we're set.

I'm serious.

I will say it again.  WE ARE ONE PLAYER AWAY on offense.

That is an above-average line right there.  As bad as this season has been, I really don't think we need major changes.  One RT, 2 DTs, I think we're set.

I'm serious.

536703[/snapback]

Wow.

That's all I can say man.

That is an above-average line right there.  As bad as this season has been, I really don't think we need major changes.  One RT, 2 DTs, I think we're set.

I'm serious.

536703[/snapback]

I hope you are right, but I just don't see it. This team is a real mess.

"Things haven't looked this bleak in more than 20 years."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree with everything but the last sentence.  This is the new NFL, where a teams' fortune (except for Detroit and Arizona) can turn on a dime if management is smart and the owner is willing to spend (as I believe RW is).

Look at some of the last few SB teams that have gone up in flames:

XXXVII (2003):  Oakland

XXXVI (2002):    St. Louis

XXXV (2001):  Baltimore

XXXIV (2000):  Tennessee

Or teams that have made a big move since 2003:

Pittsburgh  (6-10 in 2003 vs. 9-5 in 2005)

NY Giants  (4-12 in 2003 vs. 10-4 in 2005)

Jacksonville (5-11 in 2003 vs. 10-4 in 2005)

San Diego (4-12 in 2003 vs. 9-5 in 2005)

Chicago    (7-9 in 2003 vs. 10-4 in 2005)

If we get a competent GM, a few good FAs, draft well and have a bit of luck (JP turns out to be more Carson Palmer and less Kyle Boller), the Bills can be right back in the thick of things in a hurry.

536677[/snapback]

Wow Dont forget Cincinnati -

(2-14 in 2002 vs. 11-3 right now)

536699[/snapback]

Actually, the thought of the media raising the possibility of firing Shanahan for another playoff loss to Peyton Manning and the Colts on the road in Indianapolis is as great an indictment for media stupidity as any.

JDG

I am convinced that we are four stud players away from a playoff team. three of the players are offensive linemen and the other is a first rate Defensive Tackle. I think our d-backs (keeping Clements, of course) have another year in them, the linebackes with Spikes are competitive. and our O-backs, receivers and qb (Losman) can get us into serious competition for a playoff spot. But getting four stud players isn't all that easy, and Losman has to continue to develop. This can be turned around by building from the trenches out.

I am convinced that we are four stud players away from a playoff team.  three of the players are offensive linemen and the other is a  first rate Defensive Tackle. I think our d-backs (keeping Clements, of course) have another year in them, the linebackes with Spikes are competitive. and our O-backs, receivers and qb (Losman) can get us into serious competition for a playoff spot.  But getting four stud players isn't all that easy, and Losman has to continue to develop.  This can be turned around by building from the trenches out.

536723[/snapback]

Outside the OL and DL the only position I think needs serious addressing is the Safety position.

I'm serious.

536703[/snapback]

You're probably right Coach, we are one player away. Unfortunately it's one player at each position. :devil:

Wow Dont forget Cincinnati -

(2-14 in 2002 vs. 11-3 right now)

536716[/snapback]

And since 2002 the Bengals have spent four 1st-day draft picks on:

a) skill position players QB-RB-WR

b) Offensive linemen

?

JDG