Why is Shaud Williams allowed on the field

taterhill

he is terrible, and provides ZERO for this offense..would it really be that bad to have Willis in on 3rd down, and passing stuations??

536154[/snapback]

cause he can block or so I'm told. Shaud Williams is a decent change of pace back, but using this as a reason he's on the field on 3rd down doesn't quite cut it. At some point you gotta say.... "Ok we've done all we can to protect the qb, lets put our best players on the field and go out and try to make a play with them"

he is terrible, and provides ZERO for this offense..would it really be that bad to have Willis in on 3rd down, and passing stuations??

536154[/snapback]

What game were you watching? 8 yds per carry seems O.K. to me.

especially when you have holes that Pee Wee Herman couldn't squeeze through.

Look at some of the holes the Cowboy line opens up. I'm sure Shaud would love to run through those.

Look at some of the holes the Cowboy line opens up.  I'm sure Shaud would love to run through those.

536345[/snapback]

Yeah, seriously. Back in the beginning of the season and the end of last season when the running game was going well everyone was loving shaud. Now that the line has worn down even more, if Willis cant do anything, you sure cant expect Shaud to get anything going either.

Look at some of the holes the Cowboy line opens up.  I'm sure Shaud would love to run through those.

536345[/snapback]

Averaging 8 yards a carry doesn't mean much when the majority of your yards come on draw plays on 3rd and forever and the D has dropped 8-9 back in coverage.

Yeah, seriously.  Back in the beginning of the season and the end of last season when the running game was going well everyone was loving shaud.  Now that the line has worn down even more, if Willis cant do anything, you sure cant expect Shaud to get anything going either.

536350[/snapback]

I never loved Shaud

There's a lot to be said about third down backs. My favorite of all time was Todd McNair when he played for Kansas City. Third and long? No biggie... Fourth and long? No biggie. The dude just made it happen time and time again while Okoye and Word were sitting on the bench watching. Damn that was a fun offense to watch.

My favorite 3rd down back was Robb Riddick.

Maybe Shaud is out there because Willis has a habit of running out of bounds on 3rd down. :devil:

There's a lot to be said about third down backs.  My favorite of all time was Todd McNair when he played for Kansas City.  Third and long?  No biggie...  Fourth and long?  No biggie.  The dude just made it happen time and time again while Okoye and Word were sitting on the bench watching.  Damn that was a fun offense to watch.

536517[/snapback]

I would like to find the stats, but I am more than confident that Williams had more snaps that McGahee. Watching the game Saturday night I came to the conclusion that Shaud has compromising pictures of Mularkey. It can be the answer as to why this guy is on the field.