For the VERY few who do not want a HC change

KOKBILLS

MM has a pretty small sample size to be drawing from.  9-7 last year shows that he has at least some ability, no? (sorry, don't buy the people saying "we caught so-and-so at a good time so that win doesn't count."  All wins in the NFL count).

Let's look at Dick Vermeil, since he's a pretty good coach:

First two years in Philly:

1976 phi |  4  10  0  |  0  0  |

1977 phi |  5  9  0  |  0  0  |

Look at the following four years:

1978 phi |  9  7  0  |  0  1  |

1979 phi |  11  5  0  |  1  1  |

1980 phi |  12  4  0  |  2  1  |

1981 phi |  10  6  0  |  0  1  |

First two years at St. Louis:

1997 ram |  5  11  0  |  0  0  |

1998 ram |  4  12  0  |  0  0  |

look at the next year:

1999 ram |  13  3  0  |  3  0  |

Superbowl victory

First two years in KC:

2001 kan |  6  10  0  |  0  0  |

2002 kan |  8  8  0  |  0  0  |

And the following year:

2003 kan |  13  3  0  |  0  1  |

But here in Buffalo, we have an extremely short patience.  For example, Wade Phillips:

1998 buf |  10  6  0  |  0  1  |

1999 buf |  11  5  0  |  0  1  |

2000 buf |  8  8  0  |  0  0  |

Two good seasons, followed by an average season, and he's FIRED!  <_<  So basically we're looking for a coach/qb/rb/<insert player here> that performs at an HOF level each and every year.  If you slip, you're fired.

That's a great way to spin your wheels forever.

535529[/snapback]

Point taken Fez..... But, he's not coaching to his players strengths AT ALL. MM is calling really bad football games over and over again and I haven't seen any type of improvement in this team as a unit at all.

One has to wonder is it MM or does he just have a really bad supporting cast of coaches? Grey is just an example. The whole "you live by the blitz you die by the blitz" metallity is just totally killing this defense. There really aren't any intellegent adjustments made at all. And just because it's the defense doesn't mean that MM shouldn't step in and say something. It's his job, he's the head coach. Has he lost control of the team? I think so.

Dick Vermeil does something that MM doesn't. ADAPT.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Point taken Fez.....  But, he's not coaching to his players strengths AT ALL.  MM is calling really bad football games over and over again and I haven't seen any type of improvement in this team as a unit at all. 

I still think we should give him another year, the 9-7 season earned that. If we tank again next year, fine, but I think we'll be worse off if we go out and hire yet another coach.

Time will tell.

CW

I still think we should give him another year, the 9-7 season earned that.  If we tank again next year, fine, but I think we'll be worse off if we go out and hire yet another coach.

Time will tell.

CW

535580[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but that really was a weak schedule. Maybe if there was an oline and a run stuffer MM would prosper. I donno. Maybe if we had a new gm who could actually draft need, it would help this team out.

You're right, time will tell.

I hate to say it, but that really was a weak schedule.

Et tu?

Jets - 10-6

Seahawks - 9-7

Rams - 8-8

Bengals - 8-8

Sorry, as I said I don't buy the "We caught them at a good time." We've caught teams this year (Atlanta?) at "good times" due to injuries and such, and still lost. It's typical TSW fashion -- "We looked terrible all season because the games we won don't count because they were pushovers!!!" <_<

Winning on the road, on the west coast, is never easy, especially against playoff teams.

CW

Et tu?

Jets - 10-6

Seahawks - 9-7

Rams - 8-8

Bengals - 8-8

Sorry, as I said I don't buy the "We caught them at a good time."  We've caught teams this year (Atlanta?) at "good times" due to injuries and such, and still lost.  It's typical TSW fashion -- "We looked terrible all season because the games we won don't count because they were pushovers!!!"  <_<

Winning on the road, on the west coast, is never easy, especially against playoff teams.

CW

535599[/snapback]

The Jets game was at the Ralph. Pennington was hurt in that game and in came Ray Lucas, right? The Seadogs are in the NFC (which was very soft last year and in the weakest division in football). <------- That explains their record. The Rams was at the Ralph. Not on the road. And the Bengals were Carson Palmerless. Our only other west coast win was against the 9'ers. Wow.

The Jets game was at the Ralph.  Pennington was hurt in that game and in came Ray Lucas, right?  The Seadogs are in the NFC (which was very soft last year and in the weakest division in football). <-------  That explains their record.  The Rams was at the Ralph.  Not on the road.  And the Bengals were Carson Palmerless.  Our only other west coast win was against the 9'ers.  Wow.

535603[/snapback]

So our loss to the Saints doesn't count this year because the NFC sucks and the Saints are bad? <_<

So our loss to the Saints doesn't count this year because the NFC sucks and the Saints are bad?  <_<

535607[/snapback]

I could have swore you were talking about MM's stellar 9-7 record from a year ago..... Yeah you were. Nighty night girls and boys. Go Sabres!

Grow the F up. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

535492[/snapback]

Dude I'm probably twice your age...

You're a broken record with Bledsoe...You love him and you cannot go a single thread without bringing his name up when anyone disagrees with your vision on this Team...It's sickening and frustrating to constantly hear you remind us about a Player who is NO LONGER A BUFFALO BILL...

My overall frustration tonight brought on the comments...For that I apologize...But I do seriously think you have a problem with the DB issue because it is constant...you ALWAYS bring him up...

And Fyou 2...

Two good seasons, followed by an average season, and he's FIRED!  <_<  So basically we're looking for a coach/qb/rb/<insert player here> that performs at an HOF level each and every year.  If you slip, you're fired.

That's a great way to spin your wheels forever.

535529[/snapback]

I see your point, but my concern is that Mularkey seems to have no clue how to manage a game. It would be one thing if there were a few questionable play calls, but consistently he makes baffling decisions. For example, tonight, when Denver was driving at the end of the half and had 3rd and goal with 1:15 left, why not call a time out? Denver wants to run the clock down as much as they can, why do you let them?

On the ensuing drive, why not use a time out rather than rushing to the line and running a QB sneak with 9 seconds left? After calling a time out, why run a draw with no time left?

It's these sorts of decisions that I see week to week that lead me to want Mularkey out. Yes, it shouldn't be change for change's sake, but he is not performing to the basic level of competency I would expect from an NFL head coach. If the guy's the wrong guy, keeping him forever won't lead to better results.

Dude I'm probably twice your age...

You're a broken record with Bledsoe...You love him and you cannot go a single thread without bringing his name up when anyone disagrees with your vision on this Team...It's sickening and frustrating to constantly hear you remind us about a Player who is NO LONGER A BUFFALO BILL...

My overall frustration tonight brought on the comments...For that I apologize...But I do seriously think you have a problem with the DB issue because it is constant...you ALWAYS bring him up...

And Fyou 2...

535623[/snapback]

Riiiiiight, I've made nearly 10,000 posts, and they all have to do with Bledsoe. <_< Maybe you are twice my age, and you're going senile. :doh:

If you had any reading comprehension, you would'v realized that my point was you can't keep changing major peices of puzzle every single season and expect to win. But no, you're a freak'n idiot who likes making homosexual comments. My guess is repressed feelings, get help.

CW

I could have swore you were talking about MM's stellar 9-7 record from a year ago.....  Yeah you were.  Nighty night girls and boys.  Go Sabres!

535614[/snapback]

I was -- but if you don't count our "easy" wins last year, how can you count the games we lost this year as losses? Nobody here counts a single win from our 9-win season as a "real" win for some reason, and I can't for the life of me figure that out.

CW

We were 9-7 last year.  Did MM just forget how to coach...?  Don't think so.

And before people scream, "We played bad teams," that's not entirely true.  We beat the Rams and Seahawks (playoff teams), as well as the Bengals (8-8) and Jets (10-6).  You can't keep firing coaches every 2-3 years, that's ridiculous.

CW

535425[/snapback]

MM was a first year head coach last season. It takes a little time to build up some film and figure out a coaches tendancies.

You have got to be kidding me...

The Rams were an 8-8 Playoff Team stuggling when we played them...The Seahawks were going through hell at the time we played them also...The Jets were basically a .500 Team after their fast start, and Carson Palmer did not Play vs. The Bills...

You can keep those rose colored glasses on if you wish but Mularkey is completely overmatched week in and week out...He is not HC calibre...period...He is a wishy-washy OC who got a big break he was no where near ready for...He cannot motivate a Team... And last but not least the HOME loss to Pittsburgh's 2nd and 3rd Teamers pretty much nullified a ton of positives from that great MM winning streak...When he HAD to win a Home Game he could not get his Team ready...

MM is a good guy, a decent Coordinator, and this is GW all over again...He's not ready to be a HC...

535442[/snapback]

Given your line of thought, then the Patriots run at the present time is only a mirage, since they are playing a weak schedule filled with poor teams and young QB's in the second half of the season.

They have little or no chance in the playoffs since they didn't do so well against the better teams in the first half of the season. :unsure:

Given your line of thought, then the Patriots run at the present time is only a mirage, since they are playing a weak schedule filled with poor teams and young QB's in the second half of the season.

They have little or no chance in the playoffs since they didn't do so well against the better teams in the first half of the season. :unsure:

535833[/snapback]

Yes that is exactly what I meant... :angry:

And comparing the Bills to the Pats...well...don't even have to say it... :angry:

The MM apologists will all see if this Team keeps him...It will be a wasted season in 2006 and he'll be gone after it... Or worse yet, the Bills will improve slightly and MM will do just enough to stick around and be mediocre again in 2007... The Bills will be the AFC's equivalent to the Cards and those same MM backers will be talking about how you cant blow things up after 3 years, or 4 years because these things take time...

Great Teams, good organizations, simply do not accept mediocrity...And instead of fearing change, they see change as opportunity to get better...I'll guarantee this...somewhere out there there is a GM and a HC who will bring the Bills back to greatness...They just have to be found, or you have to settle for less...It's that simple... B-)

If we want to continue to be the Buffalo Cardinals then keep TD and Mularkey. TD has drafted well overall but been stubborn in re-signing FA---namely PW. A top shelf run stuffer in this league is essential to succeed. He offered a contract to PW before the season starts but then never contacted PW after the seawson to try and re-negotiate. MM is a weak HC. He called out WM in public, benched Moulds and Adams and has lost his team. He also complains when the other team scores on us late in a game--Oakland. Maybe your team should actually stop the other team from scoring. That would be a concept now wouldn't it!