Where the F**K is this optimism coming from?

stevestojan

Yeah...a war.  And the Bills will be the French...  :rolleyes:

38240[/snapback]

The Bills defense ensures they'll be in every game.

If there's a scapegoat to be had, it's not really Bledsoe - a lame duck QB like he was jumped at the contract he was offered. The object of vitriol should be the man who extended his contract, Tom Donahoe.

Let me give you some observations on the Pats:

I don't think the Patriots will be able to run the ball on the Bills effectively.  Yeah, Dillon's had games of 15/86 and 32/159,  but that was against Indy and Arizona, respectively - not exactly the '85 Bears.  As for the passing game - Brady, despite decent #'s, has not been sharp. 

If the Bills stay with their very low-risk, run-first approach (taking the heat off of Bledsoe), they'll be able to play a field-position game and give them a chance to win.  They should be able to run effectively between the tackles on the Pats.  Stay out of 3d & long so BB and RAC can't blitz the beejezus out of Drew (forcing turnovers) and stick with the run!  I see another game in the neighborhood of 16-10 or so.

38167[/snapback]

You're right?!?

(just a moment while i swallow back the vomit in the back of my throat)

The NFL is all about matchups. The n.e. matches up worse against the bills offense than either Jax or the Raiders do. The weakness, such as it is, of the pats defense is defending between the tackles, and if there is a strength of the bills offense it is right there. The pats offense will be one dimensional, they will not be able to run at all against the bills d. The bills should be able to control the clock, keep running inside, and at least keep it close, and possibly come up with a play at the end to win the game. There's no way this is a blowout.

As a fan you always want to have hope but sometimes you have to look and realize that we just aren't any good right now.

That said I'll still pick the Bills in every football pool I play in. As much as they stress me and make me sick I still love them and will route for them to win each and every week.

38168[/snapback]

You summarized my thoughts very well. While I will root for the team, I agree with Foxboro Mike that there is no tangible advantages we can point to.

It is a fair guess that:

- NE will blitz up the middle

- Brady will continue with his dinking and dunking

- We will do a fair job against the run

- We will probably run well till we get into NE 30 after which we can neither advance nor kick a field goal. If we ever get close to sniffing distance of the 30, BB will bring his big guns to stall us there.

Basically we will lose and I predict the score to be 23-6.

you're right. But the optomists just have blind optomism. Us pessimests at least have reasons to be pissed: for example the 20 points we scored, so far this season.

Just let me know WHY or HOW we are gonna beat New England... not just "We'll beat NE, you heard it here first".  Let me know how. The running game? haha. The long ball? haha. HOW damnit! Im sooo sick of being a the league's running joke. We have the talent (or at least the names). Why cant we score?

38166[/snapback]

That's just it, we have very little talent on offense. I'm sorry but Moulds is not a top receiver anymore. Bledsoe is Bledsoe. The line stinks, it was better 2 years ago. Tight Ends? Please. Henry is a top 5-10 back but that isn't enough. The defense is going to waste again, it's sad.