Cheer The Fins!

Puhonix

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it goes against everything you feel, and everything you are, but how great would it be to see the Pats miss the playoffs?

With a Miami win over NYJ and a NE loss to the Bucs, the Pats are still out of the playoffs. The following week brings the Fins to NE to take on the Pats. That win could bring them even in the standings.

As unlikely as it seemed at the start of the season, Miami has a shot to make the playoffs. But better, they can keep the Patriots out. The fins are not as bad as everyone thinks they are. They have their weaknesses, and mostly do not put together a full game. But when they do, lookout. Take the Chargers for instance. What a win!

So, please, I'm not asking you to cheer for the Fins, as much as I'm asking you to cheer against the Pats.

534050[/snapback]

To the Bills fans that responded to this trash:

If you capitalized the word miami or dolphins in your reply, you need to re-examine your priorities.

To the original poster (Pubes):

If the Pats win 15 more Super Bowls in a row, all via bad officiating, Tom Brady is still their QB while serving as President of the United States of Earth and still has the same cheesy grin, BB is still their coach and his vanity expands ten fold each year, and they play the fish for the division in week 17, I'll wear a Pats hat.

I know it goes against everything you feel, and everything you are, but how great would it be to see the Pats miss the playoffs?

With a Miami win over NYJ and a NE loss to the Bucs, the Pats are still out of the playoffs. The following week brings the Fins to NE to take on the Pats. That win could bring them even in the standings.

As unlikely as it seemed at the start of the season, Miami has a shot to make the playoffs. But better, they can keep the Patriots out. The fins are not as bad as everyone thinks they are. They have their weaknesses, and mostly do not put together a full game. But when they do, lookout. Take the Chargers for instance. What a win!

So, please, I'm not asking you to cheer for the Fins, as much as I'm asking you to cheer against the Pats.

534050[/snapback]

Um ...No. Never.

I can't believe I'm reading all this! Think of the relationship the Bills and the Pats have had these last few years. The Pats got our first round pick. We got Drew Bledsoe. The Pats just finished humiliating us, as they do twice a year every year.

Slavery was theoretically abolished slightly after the Civil War, but every member of the Bills organization is owned by the Patriots. It's humiliating, it's degrading, it's terrible. Now along comes, um, Miami, with a chance to inflict some punishment on the Pats. I say, good! 0-for-the-'70s was a long time ago, and the Bills need to repay more recent grievances--or at least, to see them repaid.

Besides that, the Dolphins aren't the only team with a record in jeopardy. The Bills are the only team to make it to more than two consecutive Super Bowls. I'd love to see the Patriots knocked out of the playoffs--the sooner the better--for that reason alone.

Haters, every single one of you.  :o

It's sad to see that some members of this site have sold their souls and will be pulling for the Dolphins.

Somewhere, a single tear runs down Jim Kelly's cheek.

534322[/snapback]

Gee man, where ya been?? Oh yeah, the Pats beat up on two weak teams in the Jets and Bills, the media lovefest resumes and you suddenly show back up here. Figures.

And I don't see any BIlls fans saying they are pulling for the Dolphs. Puhonix is a Dolphag phan, so nice try....

534050[/snapback]

Miami at NE is in week 17. You need a 3-0 from the Dolphins and an 0-3 from the Pats to have a shot, because NE has the tiebreaker already.

Besides that, the Dolphins aren't the only team with a record in jeopardy. The Bills are the only team to make it to more than two consecutive Super Bowls. I'd love to see the Patriots knocked out of the playoffs--the sooner the better--for that reason alone.

534737[/snapback]

Not true. Miami lost to Dallas in VI, then won the next two.

Speaking of Miami, %#&! them. Now and forever.

ummm......Fins still have a chance at a wild card.  The Dols' season didn't end today.

Technically? No. In reality? Yep. The best the Dols can hope to finish is 9-7, assuming they beat the Pats in the season finale (although the Pats may rest their starters, so who knows?). The Jags are 9-7 and play the 49'ers tomorrow, so they're assured of finishing with at least 10 wins. Then there are the Steelers who are 8-5 and have games remaining against the Vikes, Browns, and Lions. Think they're going to lose 2 of those games? Maybe, but not likely. Then there are the Chefs who are also 8-5 and have beaten the Dols, and thus have the tie-breaker. They play the Giants tonight in Jersey, and the Chargers and Bengals at home after that. Think they'll lose all 3 games? Maybe but KC is a tough place to play, even moreso in winter, and all they need to do is beat the Chargers and it's over for Miami. And last there are the Chargers. They are also 8-5 and since they lost to the Dols, need to win 2 of their last 3. They face the Colts and Chefs on the road and Broncos at home. There's a possibility they could lose 2 of 3, but again as I said, if they lose to KC, it's all over for Miami.

So what you're hoping for is (since the Jags are all but assured of securing 1 WC spot) is for Miami to win all of their remaining game AND the Steelers to lose 2 of their 3 remaining games AND the Chargers to lose 2 of their remaining 3 games but beating the Chefs in KC AND the Chefs to lose all of their remaining games. Now WHAT do you think the odds of THAT happening are?

Wow, that's quite a prediction you made MBD. Kudos. My turn!

* I predict that Tiki Barber will get more than ten touches today.

* I also predict Chad Johnson will catch at least one ball tomorrow, and gain at least ten yards.

* Reggie Bush is going to go in the top five of the draft barring an injury in the championship game.

* At some point tomorrow night, Paul Maguire is going to instruct me to "watch this!"

Technically?  No.  In reality?  Yep.  The best the Dols can hope to finish is 9-7, assuming they beat the Pats in the season finale (although the Pats may rest their starters, so who knows?).  The Jags are 9-7 and play the 49'ers tomorrow, so they're assured of finishing with at least 10 wins.  Then there are the Steelers who are 8-5 and have games remaining against the Vikes, Browns, and Lions.  Think they're going to lose 2 of those games?  Maybe, but not likely.  Then there are the Chefs who are also 8-5 and have beaten the Dols, and thus have the tie-breaker.  They play the Giants tonight in Jersey, and the Chargers and Bengals at home after that.  Think they'll lose all 3 games?  Maybe but KC is a tough place to play, even moreso in winter, and all they need to do is beat the Chargers and it's over for Miami.  And last there are the Chargers.  They are also 8-5 and since they lost to the Dols, need to win 2 of their last 3.  They face the Colts and Chefs on the road and Broncos at home.  There's a possibility they could lose 2 of 3, but again as I said, if they lose to KC, it's all over for Miami.

So what you're hoping for is (since the Jags are all but assured of securing 1 WC spot) is for Miami to win all of their remaining game AND the Steelers to lose 2 of their 3 remaining games AND the Chargers to lose 2 of their remaining 3 games but beating the Chefs in KC AND the Chefs to lose all of their remaining games.  Now WHAT do you think the odds of THAT happening are?

535032[/snapback]

The Fins don't need all those things to happen but....nice try. You were pretty close.

Who said anything about hoping......I just stated their season didn't end today as you declared. It won't break my heart if the Fins miss the playoffs...I'm very optimistic of what the future holds for my Fins.

Fins do not need the Chiefs to lose all 3 games. They have the advantage in a 3-way tie breaker for the last spot over the Chiefs and Stillers. Assuming that 3 way tie is with Pitt and KC, w/all 3 finishing at 9-7. (Pitt must also lose 2 of 3 as you said, BUT 1 of those losses HAS to be against Cleveland)

Just to clarify a little further:

If the Chargers and Jags BOTH win Sunday, this will end the Fins season. TECHNICALLY and REALISTICALLY!

Of course the Fins must win out....but, Pittsburgh must lose to Cleveland and at least one other game.

Kansas City must lose at least twice.

San Diego must lose to Indianapolis and once more. However, if the Chargers lose their next two, they must beat Denver in week 17.

The Fins don't need all those things to happen but....nice try.  You were pretty close. 

Who said anything about hoping......I just stated their season didn't end today as you declared.  It won't break my heart if the Fins miss the playoffs...I'm very optimistic of what the future holds for my Fins.

Fins do not need the Chiefs to lose all 3 games.  They have the advantage in a 3-way tie breaker for the last spot over the Chiefs and Stillers. Assuming that 3 way tie is with Pitt and KC, w/all 3 finishing at 9-7. (Pitt must also lose 2 of 3 as you said, BUT 1 of those losses HAS to be against Cleveland)

Just to clarify a little further:

If the Chargers and Jags BOTH win Sunday, this will end the Fins season.  TECHNICALLY and REALISTICALLY!

Of course the Fins must win out....but, Pittsburgh must lose to Cleveland and at least one other game.

Kansas City must lose at least twice.

San Diego must lose to Indianapolis and once more. However, if the Chargers lose their next two, they must beat Denver in week 17.

I said that the odds of the Steelers losing 2 of their last 3 is remote (and they'll likely win all of their remaining games given their schedule) so given that, a 3-way tie wasn't even a scenario. So since the Jags are pretty much assured of finishing ahead of the Dolphins, the Steelers' easy remaining schedule also more or less assures them of them same.