Matt Leinart

Omar Little

If the Bills get the #3 overall pick and Leinart's still sitting there, do we grab him? I like Losman a lot but Leinart could be the next Tom Brady.  I don't think I want my team passing on the opportunity to get a Brady-esque QB.  Thoughts?

529429[/snapback]

Stop the insanity man.

You have to wait and see what JP does with atleast an AVERAGE offensive line. This thread should be closed.

t-r

If the Bills get the #3 overall pick and Leinart's still sitting there, do we grab him? I like Losman a lot but Leinart could be the next Tom Brady.  I don't think I want my team passing on the opportunity to get a Brady-esque QB.  Thoughts?

529429[/snapback]

Leinhart is Holcomb. He has no deep ball. No flippin way. Trade out of the spot. Someone would want Leinhart. But I dont.

Have any of you guys seen Leinart play in person?

The guy can make all of the throws. He ripped the ball in the Orange Bowl last year. He is a great QB. Right now, there is NO comparison between him and JP.

This would be a tough call, but I don't think that the Bills will be facing this decision. Leinart will be gone by the time we pick. If TD is the GM at that time, I would presume he would trade down even if Leinart is still available.

Even if TD is not around, I would not be suprised to see the Bills trade down.

Whoever our QB is, we better upgrade the offensive line. Otherwise, we are likely to get that QB and Willis killed.

Not to mention he has knee problems. I have seen him play many times and he does not have the arm Losman does neither does he have the mobility. Losman needs time and help on o-line. We do NOT need another QB.

529471[/snapback]

Montana didn't have the arm either. Leinart hits the intermediate routes and short routes better than Losman. His accuracy is pinpoint. Losman's is under 50 percent.

For those who say Leinart can't throw, did you see his fourth-and-8 throw against Notre Dame? Enough said.

529468[/snapback]

That was the one of the all time great plays in college football. He threw that ball against a cover two defense in the only place that it could possibly be caught on fourth down with national championship implications on the line.

Clutch pass. Clutch player.

If he is still there at #3, the Bills would have to consider taking him. He has enough arm and enough mobility to succeed in the NFL. His intangibles and leadership are off the charts. The Bills would be in a good position because no one would deal with the 49ers at 2 because they can't take a QB and teams would know a deal could be had with the Bills at 3. It would be a nice position to be in. But somehow the Bills will manage to screw it up and win a game.

Go review the tape of last year's Orange Bowl.

529494[/snapback]

no offense, but he does appear to rainbow it a lot, and that was evident in the orange bowl (to me at least). the throws look good because they're on target and his receivers are wide open. however, i just don't see the throws on a rope, which is what may end up being his undoing in the nfl. carson palmer had a much stronger arm.

If he is still there at #3, the Bills would have to consider taking him.  He has enough arm and enough mobility to succeed in the NFL.  His intangibles and leadership are off the charts.  The Bills would be in a good position because no one would deal with the 49ers at 2 because they can't take a QB and teams would know a deal could be had with the Bills at 3.  It would be a nice position to be in.  But somehow the Bills will manage to screw it up and win a game.

529507[/snapback]

the bills will lose to denver and cincy, and it'll come down to the jets game. i'd take the jets at this point. they're playing harder for their coach.