Please fire someone now

inkman

Pathetic as a team can get. They were just to conservative in their play calling on their last series of downs. :D

519282[/snapback]

That wasn't the problem, really...the calls seemed correct - the players just couldn't execute. This was a perfect example of why they need a real OL - run down the clock with a lead in the 4th quarter.

I don't fire Mularkey - I fire Donahoe for trying to get cheap linemen. I'm surprised he hasn't said how linemen are a dime a dozen....

That wasn't the problem, really...the calls seemed correct - the players just couldn't execute. This was a perfect example of why they need a real OL - run down the clock with a lead in the 4th quarter.

I don't fire Mularkey - I fire Donahoe for trying to get cheap linemen. I'm surprised he hasn't said how linemen are a dime a dozen....

519336[/snapback]

Problem is that there aren't that many quality OL's available through free agency for him to pick up- and he will rarely overpay for a player

519336[/snapback]

Those calls were not "correct". You call plays that your team has a chance of executing. This team cannot lineup and smashmouth the Phins when they're stacking 8-9 guys on the line to stop the run. A play action pass in that situation would have been perfect...and I was screaming for it. But it never happened. Teams that play not to lose instead of playing to win generally find a way to lose.

519336[/snapback]

Please explain then why the Bills passed the ball five straight times (five straight incompletes, with a fresh set of downs thanks to a Mia penalty by the way) late in the fourth quarter when still up by 13.