0-5 on the road

Thailog80

That is a very sad number, and when I see a sad number like that, I turn that frown upside down by laying $100 bucks against the Bills everytime they're on the road.

Case in point: Colts average margin of victory this year? 15 points. Last night's spread? 8 points. Who won money last night? I did. Who's winning money this week by taking Miami minus 4? Same dude.

515853[/snapback]

Just remember one thing, don't count your chickens before they hatch :doh:

Yeah but they're great for laughers on the road. I have to admit BiB I've never been this disappointed with this franchise. I didnt expect to be 12-4 but I didnt see 4-12 coming either. Lack of talent, overpriced busts, assisnine play calling and when things get going poorly the team folds like a lawn chair with Nell Cater in it.

515848[/snapback]

Oddly enough I've never been this disappointed either, but for different reasons. The losses don't bother me - I expected as much, and was a fan during some pretty dismal seasons. What bothers me is that I have less optimism going into the off-season than at any time during the modern free-agent era. There are too many departures to replace. Of the ones that remain, this season has exposed too many of them as not being legitimate NFL starters. Throw in the aging secondary, and I can count on two hands with some fingers left over the number of players I feel good about.

How quickly we forget 2003. Things aren't good now, but that team was much worse...

a total slap to the face of every Bills fan. :angry:

515955[/snapback]

Yeah, but there was reason to be optimistic about the future back then. I don't remember why, but I'm sure there was something. :doh: I think we understood that after we cleared the cap for a year we'd be back in the black and making aggressive moves in free agency (true), and that we were convinced that a year of losing was a worthwhile and necessary price to pay to develop our quarterback of the future. :doh:

Yeah,  but there was reason to be optimistic about the future back then.  I don't remember why,  but I'm sure there was something.   :doh:   I think we understood that after we cleared the cap for a year we'd be back in the black and making aggressive moves in free agency (true),  and that we were convinced that a year of losing was a worthwhile and necessary price to pay to develop our quarterback of the future.  :doh:

515966[/snapback]

The only thing to be optomistic about back then was that TD would dump GW, Gilbride, and Drew... 2 out of 3 was unacceptable. :angry::angry::angry:

At least this year we can watch JP develop, and no one (except maybe Sam Adams :( ) on the team has quit yet

The only thing to be optomistic about back then was that TD would dump GW, Gilbride, and Drew, and 2 out of 3 was unacceptable. :doh:  :doh:  :angry:

At least this year we can watch JP develop, and no one (except maybe Sam Adams :angry: ) on the team has quit yet

515971[/snapback]

My mistake - I thought you meant the 3-13 2001 team, which truely stunk.

By comparison, the 6-10 2003 team was great! Have we had any moments since like the opening win over NE??? Even many of the losses were nail-biters. And we had lots of reason for optimism after the season. We had successfully beefed up a truely pathetic defense with Spikes (a high-profile acquisition that worked out better than we had hoped) and were finally buying into Gray as a DC. We hadn't seen WM yet, so it like we would be getting an extra first rounder in 2004. The offensive woes seemed fixable with nothing more than a new OC and an intern with a stopwatch. We really didn't seem to have many holes, and other than the obligatory qb-grumbling the future looked great!

My mistake - I thought you meant the 3-13 2001 team,  which truely stunk.

By comparison,  the 6-10 2003 team was great!  Have we had any moments since like the opening win over NE???  Even many of the losses were nail-biters.  And we had lots of reason for optimism after the season.  We had successfully beefed up a truely pathetic defense with Spikes (a high-profile acquisition that worked out better than we had hoped) and were finally buying into Gray as a DC.  We hadn't seen WM yet,  so it like we would be getting an extra first rounder in 2004.  The offensive woes seemed fixable with nothing more than a new OC and an intern with a stopwatch.  We really didn't seem to have many holes,  and other than the obligatory qb-grumbling the future looked great!

515985[/snapback]

It's not about stinking IMO, you can go back to the 70's and 80's for that. It's about quitting & giving less than 100% on the field.... no team in Bills' history disgraced the franchise and fanbase more. And the 1st 2 games that year don't make up for it. :doh:

It's not about stinking IMO, you can go back to the 70's and 80's for that. It's about quitting & giving less than 100% on the field.... no team in Bills' history disgraced the franchise and fanbase more. And the 1st 2 games that year don't make up for it. :doh:

515995[/snapback]

Right - my original point was that for me the disappointment stems from the lack of reason to hope (as opposed to disgrace). Discounting the 70's and 80's (when you knew your team would look largely the same from year to year, and so you were pretty sure 2-14 one year meant 5-11 the next at best), this current team makes me worry more about next years lineup than any before.

Right - my original point was that for me the disappointment stems from the lack of reason to hope (as opposed to disgrace).  Discounting the 70's and 80's (when you knew your team would look largely the same from year to year,  and so you were pretty sure 2-14 one year meant 5-11 the next at best),  this current team makes me worry more about next years lineup than any before.

516004[/snapback]

Sorry, I missed that... another rant that got out of comtrol. :doh:

Yeah but they're great for laughers on the road. I have to admit BiB I've never been this disappointed with this franchise. I didnt expect to be 12-4 but I didnt see 4-12 coming either. Lack of talent, overpriced busts, assisnine play calling and when things get going poorly the team folds like a lawn chair with Nell Carter in it.

515848[/snapback]

That's unfair. Nell could stuff the run and played well on the road.

I will root for the Bills and place a small wager on Miami -4. Not as a gamble, but rather like a sickness insurance premium. 'Twill ease the pain, just in case.

Here's the thing...we have good players. It's both lines that need help. Once that happens, I think we see a decent turnaround.

Q-back..young and getting better

R-back...good

Receivers...good

TE...average

Line...mediocre

Linebackers...very good (with Takeo healthy)

Secondary...good

Interior line...mediocre