Let's face the truth..maybe some players do not

HelloNewman

Maybe Nate Clements is pricing himself out of Buffalo because he knows there is no way TD and his wisdom will pay up so he can get out of this loser of a team...then he goes out and signs for a winner for less money. Antoine Winfield never even talked about resigning here because he wanted out of this organization

Think about it.....don't be surprised if McGahee wants out and some other up and coming free agents price themselves out of of Buffalo in order to get out of here because they know ol' cheapo TD will balk at it which is what they want anyway?

I know it sounds wierd but think about it......when was the last time TD threw some serious money at any of his own draft picks when they become FA?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it sounds wierd  but think about it......when was the last time TD threw some serious money at any of his own draft picks when they become FA?

514607[/snapback]

He did re-sign Schoebel to a pretty good contract extension for a average DE

He just re-signed McGee to a pretty good extension.

He got Takeo to come here with a 10M signing bonus. He also gave out big

money to get Bledsoe, Milloy and Vincent to come here.

Looking at the list of FAs we have had, which ones did you think we needed to

re-sign to a big contract ?

1. Peerless Price (got a 10M signing bonus)

2. Winfield (at that point got the biggest CB contract of the year after

champ bailey)(

3. Pat Williams (a guy at 31 years with 10 years in the league got a 5m

bonus to sign)

4. Jonas Jennings, a guy who was always injured got 14M bonus to sign

and was on IR after game 4...

Teams have to be wise with their cap money and distribute it to sign

Draft Picks

Extending current players

Signing FAs

TD has done his fair share of all the above....Your point about Clements

walking out on the Bills on that issue is not valid.

it can't be that bad

imagine who's going to want to play in Green Bay after Favre retires?

people complain enough about the weather and lack of things to do in Buffalo already...GB has nothing but cheese!

514642[/snapback]

Wisconsin cheese ain't all that great, either. New York, Vermont and California have far better cheese than Wisconsin.

And another thing about cheese... ;)

Parmagiano Reggiano? ;)

I'm no cheese expert, but THAT is the best I've ever tasted, of any kind...

514672[/snapback]

Well, I was simply talking about the cheese in US States. Italy makes some fine cheese...that's fo sure...as do many other countries. Wisconsin is REALLY far down the line when it comes to quality cheese...that's all I'm really saying.

Well, I was simply talking about the cheese in US States.  Italy makes some fine cheese...that's fo sure...as do many other countries.  Wisconsin is REALLY far down the line when it comes to quality cheese...that's all I'm really saying.

514676[/snapback]

You're just not going to the right places. In addition, you can't get cheese curds anywhere else in the country that are half as good as in WI.

Well, I was simply talking about the cheese in US States.  Italy makes some fine cheese...that's fo sure...as do many other countries.  Wisconsin is REALLY far down the line when it comes to quality cheese...that's all I'm really saying.

514676[/snapback]

Spot on. If you're going to be known for something, it ought to be for being the best at it...like Vermont maple syrup, or Detroit murders. All Wisc-y has is a second rate cheese and Miller beer. They should have at least kept the Pabst brewery going. Then they'd have something there. Pretty freaking sad if you ask me, which no one has, but that's their loss because I'm an idea man.

514676[/snapback]

It is my strong belief that any human being on this planet who, barring demonstratable milk allergy, or religious/diatery concerns,

...after comsuming a half pound of Velveeta in macaroni, melted on potatoe chips, sliced, whatever,

...and cannot grin ear-to-ear and pat the belly,

...must have some sort of mental deficiency and will never be happy... ;)

it can't be that bad

imagine who's going to want to play in Green Bay after Favre retires?

people complain enough about the weather and lack of things to do in Buffalo already...GB has nothing but cheese!

514642[/snapback]

Hey, there's all the fine products that Hormel offers and

Saurkraut. that is three things to do.

Wisconsin cheese ain't all that great, either.  New York, Vermont and California have far better cheese than Wisconsin.

And another thing about cheese... ;)

514656[/snapback]

Packer players are treated as absolute royalty in Green Bay. There are some really nice neighborhoods they live in. And the fans come and come and come and come, no matter what. They love their Packers, doors fallen off or not. Games are NEVER in doubt of selling out. Merchandise sells from January to December. The community overwhelmingly voted to pay for stadium upgrades.

The cheese is average....

The only thing they question is "Why did we let Holmgren leave????"

Maybe Nate Clements is pricing himself out of Buffalo because he knows there is no way TD and his wisdom will pay up so he can get out of this loser of a team..

Perhaps they should stop losing then. There is not one player on this team that can look in the mirror and say they aren't part of the problem this year.

Packer players are treated as absolute royalty in Green Bay.  There are some really nice neighborhoods they live in.  And the fans come and come and come and come, no matter what. They love their Packers, doors fallen off or not.  Games are NEVER in doubt of selling out.  Merchandise sells from January to December.  The community overwhelmingly voted to pay for stadium upgrades.

The cheese is average....

The only thing they question is "Why did we let Holmgren leave????"

514735[/snapback]

For the record, I LOVE Wisconsin and stayed in Milwualkee (sp?) for a few months. As you say, it's a great place to live with terrific people and average cheese.

As for Holmgren leaving GB....dunno.

Guest BackInDaDay
It is my strong belief that any human being on this planet who, barring demonstratable milk allergy, or religious/diatery concerns,

...after comsuming a half pound of Velveeta in macaroni, melted on potatoe chips, sliced, whatever,

514700[/snapback]

Get this man an order of Nachos El Grande pronto! :lol:

514700[/snapback]

I guess I have a mental deficiency...

on the other hand, if you're offering a 5-way complete with liberal doses of tabasco, count me in...

Cheese aside ;) , I am starting to wonder about the impact disgruntled (former and current) Bills players will have on luring free agents. I think this is adding to the perspective of other people in the league that some of the shine has come off of Buffalo as an organization (regardless of W-L record). You know there are friendships between players on teams all over the league - and you know there are players who are currently blasting (rightly or wrongly) the coaching and the org to their friends and peers.