Fox's Game coverage

SHOW SOME REPLAYS!!!!

We heard the morons in the booth tell us Steve Smith pushed off on his 30 yard catch. Do you think we'd see a reply? NOPE Lawyer Milloy blitzs and looks like he got chop blocked. As he is laying on the ground injured - no replay cut to commerical break. I cannot take announcers these days. Am I becoming a prude or does it seem a majority of them are unprepared?

right after JP threw his INT, they cut away to another game. then after 2 min. they cut back to the bills game.

they never showed a replay, or anything. that pissed me off more than JPs INT.

514564[/snapback]

At least the announcers (Maas and the other guy) were less annoying than

a Randy Cross.....and they praised and criticized both teams for their plays.

It was not a total Ooo..Carolina this...aaah...Carolina that.....

Gotta make some points about the Fox Broadcast of the game yesterday.

514549[/snapback]

At least Fox has good equipment and feels the NFL broadcasts that they pay millions for are worth televising consistently in high definition!

My main gripe is the Fox pregame bumper music screaming guitar lick that sounds just like the "giddyap giddyap giddyap let's go" line from the Christmas song, Sleighride. Now, everytime I hear Sleighride, I think of Jimmy Johnson and Terry Bradshaw.

The one problem with Fox is that their little score line at the top of the screen causes epileptic seizures with the way it blinks and flashes every damn play...

514632[/snapback]

Agreed.

I also don't like how they add subtle sound effects to replays. When a guy gets hit, or jukes, or whatever, you'll here grunts. Maybe some people like that, but it annoys me to no end.

But all the games are in HD, so I'd trade CBS for it if I could.

CW

PS: Bills/Patriots is in HD on CBS in two weeks, so we'll be able to see Buffalo beat the Patriots and tie for first place in the division!!! (gotta stay positive, despite the fact that the odds are against us; people go to Vegas hoping to win money, even though the odds are against them, right? ;) )

My main gripe is the Fox pregame bumper music ... that sounds just like the "giddyap giddyap giddyap let's go" line from the Christmas song, Sleighride.

The one problem with Fox is that their little score line at the top of the screen causes epileptic seizures with the way it blinks and flashes every damn play...

514621[/snapback]

Damn - and I thought I was the only one that had these thoughts.

Agreed.

I also don't like how they add subtle sound effects to replays.  When a guy gets hit, or jukes, or whatever, you'll here grunts.  Maybe some people like that, but it annoys me to no end.

But all the games are in HD, so I'd trade CBS for it if I could.

CW

PS: Bills/Patriots is in HD on CBS in two weeks, so we'll be able to see Buffalo beat the Patriots and tie for first place in the division!!!  (gotta stay positive, despite the fact that the odds are against us; people go to Vegas hoping to win money, even though the odds are against them, right? ;) )

514638[/snapback]

need to get my hi def Tivo so I can sync the sirius broadcast with the game

need to get my hi def Tivo so I can sync the sirius broadcast with the game

514669[/snapback]

Hey, have you ever tried recording the Sirius broadcast to your PC? It'd be cool to record the game, and then have multiple audio tracks -- the Fox broadcast and the radio broadcast -- on the DVDs I make (although, at the rate the Bills are playing, I won't be doing any more DVDs this year... ;) ).

CW

Hey, have you ever tried recording the Sirius broadcast to your PC?  It'd be cool to record the game, and then have multiple audio tracks -- the Fox broadcast and the radio broadcast -- on the DVDs I make (although, at the rate the Bills are playing, I won't be doing any more DVDs this year... ;)  ).

CW

514674[/snapback]

CW will tryi it, I can get sirius streamed over internet as well so just need to record from internet to PC any idea on best way to do this without having to use a mic? PM me and we can discuss

At least the announcers (Maas and the other guy) were less annoying than

a Randy Cross.....and they praised and criticized both teams for their plays.

It was not a total Ooo..Carolina this...aaah...Carolina that.....

514581[/snapback]

I thought they did a better job than almost any team who has done a Bills game this year...the most important criteria to me is that they didn't annoy the crap out of me...they weren't great, but not as awful as most...

I thought they did a better job than almost any team who has done a Bills game this year...the most important criteria to me is that they didn't annoy the crap out of me...they weren't great, but not as awful as most...

514795[/snapback]

I like Rosen and Maas, actually. Unlike the top announcing teams I think they mostly stay focused on the game in front of them, and from time to time provide some actual insight into why teams are doing what they're doing.