In a nutshell

youngunz

The Bills played ok. Carolina exposed ur weakness - OUR DEFENSE

But other than that JP played well. Has a lot of room for improvment, but overall played well against a top defense.

If the Bills brass has not seen it yet...today should turn the light on for them. Have to address OL/DL

But other than that JP played well. Has a lot of room for improvment, but overall played well against a top defense.

If the Bills brass has not seen it yet...today should turn the light on for them. Have to address OL/DL

513537[/snapback]

I've heard that before I think, right before we brought Dick LeBeau in. This team is _exactly_ the same place it was four years ago. We don't have the mess that was our QB situation, but other than that, it feels like we've been spinning our wheels.

We've always been quick to call for someone's head. I'm starting to feel the "toss 'em all out and start over again again again" feeling in the pit of my stomach but that almost guarantees yet another year of mediocrity.

513537[/snapback]

I thought our Offensive line was pretty bad at times today. We were one play away from stopping them and giving the Bills a chance to win on a field goal. I was glad to see us come out competitive but overall another painful loss.

513537[/snapback]

Wasn't that addressed last year when certain individuals were released?

A team that averages 25 points per game (the "best team in the NFC," nonetheless) is held to 13 and they "exposed" our defense....  :(

513635[/snapback]

Does anyone have the time of possession for the 2nd half? I swear before we got the ball back with @ 2 minutes we ran about 6 offensive plays. The D was on the field entirely too long, and that took away offensive possessions and potential opportunities for scores. No, they didn't light up the scoreboard, but strategically it kept their D and our O off the field, and it worked out for them. D can't be giving up large gains on 1st and 2nd, and they've got to get off the field on 3rd. They didn't do that today. And they still could have redeemed themselves, but alas, they gave up the clinching score when we needed them most.

Defense got tired after so many plays because offense could not complete their popgun plays. The defense and the winds kept the Bills into the 4th quarter and the Bills could not score enough points to win.

Losman reminds me of another QB - Joey Harrington. I hope I am wrong.

Defense got tired after so many plays because offense could not complete their popgun plays.    The defense and the winds kept the Bills into the 4th quarter and the Bills could not score enough points to win. 

513804[/snapback]

How do you excuse a defense for being tired when they were the ones who gave up a sixteen play drive.

Carolina had no plans of trying to put up 30 or 40 points. Their game plan was to run ...run...and run some more.

Defense got tired after so many plays because offense could not complete their popgun plays.    The defense and the winds kept the Bills into the 4th quarter and the Bills could not score enough points to win. 

Losman reminds me of another QB - Joey Harrington.  I hope I am wrong.

513804[/snapback]

Losman plays NOTHING like Harrington.

I thought JP played well. Look, he is only starting his 6th NFL game EVER. He is not John Elway right now -- but the point is John Elway was not John Elway his first year in the league. And Troy Aikman was not Troy Aikman, and the Manning Bros. were no good either.

So, if you are expecting him to put this team on his shoulders and make all the plays to lead them to a win, you are setting the bar awfully high at this point in his career. Good thing is, he continues to get better, and he was able to move the ball via the passing game. And he had them moving that last drive -- he was close to winning the game on his arm. Today, the passing game was a better weapon than the running game. When was the last time u could say that?

The red zone was a nightmare, but not JPs fault. Moulds went out of bounds....if he didn't we got it on the 2 yard line. Willis chopblock moves us back 15. If we are able to punch those in instead of kicking FGs, this is a totally different conversation, and we're saying how awesome JP is.

Those who are pissed that we lost this one must've still been drinking the playoff Kool-AID. STOP IT! The playoffs went out the door last week. Let's be real, it is over. OVER!! So the pressure is off, time to sit back and enjoy watching JP get better every week. We'll need him to be the man and the leader next year.

I thought JP played well.  Look, he is only starting his 6th NFL game EVER.  He is not John Elway right now -- but the point is John Elway was not John Elway his first year in the league.  And Troy Aikman was not Troy Aikman, and the Manning Bros. were no good either. 

So, if you are expecting him to put this team on his shoulders and make all the plays to lead them to a win, you are setting the bar awfully high at this point in his career.  Good thing is, he continues to get better, and he was able to move the ball via the passing game.  And he had them moving that last drive -- he was close to winning the game on his arm.  Today, the passing game was a better weapon than the running game.  When was the last time u could say that?

The red zone was a nightmare, but not JPs fault.  Moulds went out of bounds....if he didn't we got it on the 2 yard line.  Willis chopblock moves us back 15.  If we are able to punch those in instead of kicking FGs, this is a totally different conversation, and we're saying how awesome JP is.

Those who are pissed that we lost this one must've still been drinking the playoff Kool-AID.  STOP IT!  The playoffs went out the door last week.  Let's be real, it is over.  OVER!!  So the pressure is off, time to sit back and enjoy watching JP get better every week.  We'll need him to be the man and the leader next year.

513881[/snapback]

well said....

How can anyone blame the defense? If not for Milloy getting the back of his ankle clipped, the game probably is tied at 9-9 (not that giving up 13 points is anything to sneeze at, given the Chargers game last weekend). It's the O-line, plain and simple. No room for Willis to run, not much in the way of protection for JP, and too many penalties.

Oh yeah and I second the "Losman plays NOTHING like Harrington" comment.

513537[/snapback]

Also, it was good to see JP enjoying the game flow for a change.....Of course

he was once again put in 3rd and long situations so often that oru chance of

converting a decent % of 3rd downs was almost nil.