its not over

ch19079

ok, ill start by saying i did not expect to win agenst the chargers comming off their by week, in their stadium.

but we didnt have to win that game. the season is still not over.

we are 4-6 right now. i can still see us going 9-7, or maybe 8-8 and still make the playoffs.

Bills remaining schedule:

carolina, @ miami, N. England, Denver, @ Cinci, @ jets.

we can not beat the bengals. so ill take that as a loss.

we would have to beat Carolina, N. England and Denver all in buffalo.

it is a long shot, but its possible.

ok, ill start by saying i did not expect to win agenst the chargers comming off their by week, in their stadium.

we are 4-6 right now. i can still see us going 9-7, or maybe 8-8 and still make the playoffs.

509167[/snapback]

a long shot is right. Trust me, i would love for it to happen more then anyone but i just don't see it happening. But i will be cheering them on.

problem is the Pats at worst are going to go 3-3 which would put them at 9-7.

@KC loss

Jets win

@Buff loss

TB loss

Jets win

Miami win

509173[/snapback]

yeah. i cant believe they didnt have to play the jets untill that late in the season.

yeah. i cant believe they didnt have to play the jets untill that late in the season.

509179[/snapback]

Oh please, give it up. Beating Denver at home...I almost passed coffee thru my nose. And you just know the PAnthers will be in a nasty mood after blowing a game to the Bears.

The Pats will beat KC and the only loss I see possibly is to the Bucs, leaving them at 11-5.

The only thing Ralph understands is empty seats. Until this happens your stuck with Donahoe and his 3 year, no wait 5 year, no 10 year, no.....(while you get the idea), rebuilding plan.

509167[/snapback]

Look - Take a peek over the rose colored glases and see it for what it is...This team sucks badly. They are the culmination of the cowardly lion, brainless scarecrow and heartless tin man... Unless there is change with the staff there - THE SEASON IS OVER...In fact, next year is over too...At this rate, they should get it right by the time they are the LA Bills....

509167[/snapback]

If you assume as our performances have suggested that we're the worst road team in the league you might be a bit less optimistic.

problem is the Pats at worst are going to go 3-3 which would put them at 9-7.

@KC loss

Jets win

@Buff loss

TB loss

Jets win

Miami win

509173[/snapback]

The irony of the 2005 AFC East champ will be their Wild Card spanking by the Bengals in Cincinatti.

Actually it will be a spanking in New England, The division winner would get the home field for the game (I believe)

509272[/snapback]

True- there will be one home game for the inevitable lackey our division sends as a representative to the playoffs this year.

You have got to be kidding me... 

Trash me for being realistic, but I don't see the Bills having any but two of the last 6 games - at Miami and home vs the hapless Jets. 

We'll finish with a 6-10 record.  Welcome back to SUB-mediocrity.

509295[/snapback]

Actually it's AT Miami AND AT NY Jets. We know how well they play on the road, cheeseburgers, et al.

4-12 is looking like a legitimate possibility, although maybe they'll get one out of the next 6, so 5-11. From 9-7 and knocking on the playoff door to top 10 draft pick. Ugh...

I think 6-10 at best. They may beat Miami and they should beat the Jets unless they are bus running. Who knows? They could pull an upset at home and go 7-9.

Hypothetically, let's say even more Patriots get hurt (like Brady) and they go in the tank and finish 8-8. The Bills stop acting like sissies on the road and guys stop proclaming they are the best and start playing football and pull some big upsets including one or two on the road and go 8-8 and win the division on tiebreakers. That would give the Bills a home playoff game against most likely Cincy, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville or San Diego. Even more absurdly, they win the home playoff game. Then what? A road trip to hell and a 50-0 loss at Indianapolis or Denver.

The question then would be, is it a successful season? 8-8 and two playoff games. That would just cover up how bad they really are and we would be in the same situation next year as we are now. 4-6 and just plain pathetic.

I want to see Losman in there for the rest of the season no matter what and get Peters & Preston lots of time on the OL and let's start planning for next year with a new GM, Coach, OC and DC and a high draft pick (an OL this time for christ sake, not some reach from Miami) I also am hearing RW is really PO'd again.

4-12 is looking like a legitimate possibility, although maybe they'll get one out of the next 6, so 5-11.  From 9-7 and knocking on the playoff door to top 10 draft pick.  Ugh...

509509[/snapback]

But we can't do any worse than 9-7 with Steve Stojan's grandmother at QB! :)

CW

I'll take our chances against anyone at home. I think we're all willing to give Donahoe 1 year's worth of slack, being the 2001 season when the talent was really depleted due to cap issues. Assuming the '01 season was a throw away, these are the home/away records for us since the 2002 season:

11-20 on the road... 18-11 at home (including 4-1 this season).

Until this regime can field a combination of coaches/players that can go on the road and win (at least break even at .500) it's going to be nearly impossible to make the playoffs. The overall talent on this team has been good of late (not saying perfect, but at least comparable to teams that have been winning and have made the playoffs during our slide), but somewhere in the fabric of this team there seems to be a lack of character to go on the road and play remotely similar to the way they play at home.

It hasn't even been just the losses, it's the nature of a lot of the losses. For example, dating back to '03: L 0-31 @ New England, L 5-38 @ KC, L 3-30 @ Jets, L 6-20 @ Baltimore, L 6-29 @ New England, L @ Oakland 18-38, L @ San Diego 10-48

That's 7 games in the last 2.5 seasons that this team has gone on the road and just not shown up. The offense has put up an average of UNDER 7 points per game in those 7 outings listed above, while giving up over 33 points in those games! I think we as fans could even tolerate a team that played well and just lost to a better team on that night when on the road, but this is a disturbing trend, that spans the eras of both Williams and Mularkey to this point. A lot of these games were over by half time and were agonizing to even sit through.

For anyone to think this team has a shot at the playoffs is beyond me. Its not even worth commenting on. The question has been for weeks and continues to be.. will we make the right adjustments to be an 8-8 team next year?