Who'd have thunk that at game 10 our QB

Max Fischer

I'm a Mularkey/Gray supporter but this team was clearly not ready to play. I think JP showed he's a gamer but too bad the rest of the team did not play with his passion.

The Chief's game tells me that when the Bills have time to prepare (see 1st game) they are in-sync. What is it about the game plans? Too complicated?

It's like Gray doesn't have enough time to explain his game plan and they fall back to blitz, blitz, blitz.

As for the offense. Not the problem today, they HAD to score TDs. Too much pressure to score and not manage the game like the KC game.

Bottom-line: Doesn't matter if we have Peyton Manning at QB, if the D doesn't show then forget about it.

The only one that showed today was JP  Reed should be stoned even Willis sucked The "Best Back" HaHa

508163[/snapback]

Hey, how 'bout a mercy period pal....

The only one that showed today was JP  Reed should be stoned even Willis sucked The "Best Back" HaHa

508163[/snapback]

Losman had 6 sacks, 3 fumbles (1 lost), an interception

and 168 yards in 36 pass attempts for a heinous 4.5 yard per attempt average.

This is today's hero?

Thank goodness we got rid of Bledsoe and have a mobile quarterback now.

This is today's hero?

508228[/snapback]

When you're behind by 25 before you turn around, how exactly do you lead a team when they KNOW you have to throw?

This is today's hero?

508228[/snapback]

Lemme take a guess here. You didn't actually watch the game and just looked those stats up. And if you did watch, you obviously need to improve your football knowledge because JP was not the big problem today. Go rub one out to your life sized Drew stand up...

This is today's hero?

508228[/snapback]

The key is whether he's improving. And from what people are saying (who actually saw the game), the guy is doing that. That's significant.

JP could have avoided some of the sacks, but not most of them. The line play was horrendous. Most of that was the middle of the line. Jim McNally has to be called to account for some of that. Teague has to be dumped. It appears Mike Williams was a wasted high draft pick. Ross Tucker, the cheap guard Buffalo dumped to get the more expensive Bennie Anderson, was a better guard than Anderson by far.

I'm a Mularkey/Gray supporter but this team was clearly not ready to play.  I think JP showed he's a gamer but too bad the rest of the team did not play with his passion. 

The Chief's game tells me that when the Bills have time to prepare (see 1st game) they are in-sync.  What is it about the game plans?  Too complicated?

It's like Gray doesn't have enough time to explain his game plan and they fall back to blitz, blitz, blitz.

As for the offense.  Not the problem today, they HAD to score TDs.  Too much pressure to score and not manage the game like the KC game.

Bottom-line: Doesn't matter if we have Peyton Manning at QB, if the D doesn't show then forget about it.

508158[/snapback]

our qb is not our best player. our punter is.

This is today's hero?

508228[/snapback]

If Bledsoe was back there it would have been 9 sacks, more fumbles, and fewer points (no running to set up the TD). The high number of sacks tells you how much pressure he was under. Maybe one of those sacks you can put on JP. The O-Line absolutely sucked. Even when they went max-protect he was getting sacked. The O-Line, to me, seems worse now than it was a month ago.

You should also consider the WR drops on a number of catchable balls. Nobody is saying he's Peyton Manning....we are pleased that he has made progress, and is clearly getting better.

This is today's hero?

508228[/snapback]

You watched the game right? Tough to avoid those sacks when Shawne Merriman is sitting right in your lap about .6 seconds after the snap. Also, if Josh Reed were an actual NFL receiver, Losman's completion % and yards per go up signficantly.

This is today's hero?

508228[/snapback]

Stats clearly don't even begin to tell the story of how Losman played. He was accurate, threw the ball to the right places and was decisive and aware in the pocket. Night and day compared to his early season play, and very much like his play last game. The bulb might not be at full wattage yet, but the light is coming on. He threw a lot of quick passes that were on point, but defended because the Chargers were sitting on them. He made some nice plays on the run, including the long run that lead to the only TD. Not a great day, but a solid effort considering, IMO.

our qb is not our best player.  our punter is.

508411[/snapback]

Very true. And we came inches from having that touchback downed on the 1. But JP was much better than stats today, and I am encouraged.

I must have missed the third fumble, but the first one was a bad decision of changing hands to run and changing back to throw, and the second one (the one that was lost), was a bad handoff, which I would put on Willis. The INT was just being a half second late on the release of what would have been a good decision and was a well thrown ball.

I was a big Bledsoe fan, but I agree with SnakeOiler that if Bledsoe would have been out there today he would have had way more sacks before leaving with an injury.

508163[/snapback]

Don't get down on Willis. He isn't the best back, but he needs that attitude to become the best back, and he isn't far. The best back is hands down LT, the best player in football (despite the Michael Vick hype machine), and he only ran for 67 yards against the worst run D in football. Everybody has down days, and we should be very very happy to have Willis who is one of the best backs in the game. When we get our O-Line in shape sooner or later (off season) we will see just how dominating Willis can be.