Game Thread:

Buffan00

I mean I know last year, but this year.

508011[/snapback]

Well we pretty much have the same defense as we did last year.....and they've had their moments this year. I just don't think that THIS kind of drop-off is the talent of the players being sucked out of them......they are capable of more than what they are showing. I place that responsibility on the shoulders of the coaching staff. Mularkey is in above his head and Gray is overrated. TD needs to make a change and have the balls to bring in a strong-headed HC.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Bengals might score again early in the 2nd half. Final score predicitons? I say Colts 63, Bengals 56.

508018[/snapback]

I didn't think this game was going to be worthy of the projector today.....but I may need to fire it up for the second half.

This defense is being exposed for what it is.

Last year's defense performed well against piss-poor teams. It got beat hard by any team that was remotely good.

Well we pretty much have the same defense as we did last year.....and they've had their moments this year. I just don't think that THIS kind of drop-off is the talent of the players being sucked out of them......they are capable of more than what they are showing. I place that responsibility on the shoulders of the coaching staff. Mularkey is in above his head and Gray is overrated. TD needs to make a change and have the balls to bring in a strong-headed HC.

508017[/snapback]

Last year's defense performed well against piss-poor teams.  It got beat hard by any team that was remotely good.

508025[/snapback]

That was the worst thing that could've happened also. Because these guys believed they were great.

508017[/snapback]

This summer when the threads were "What part of the team worrys you the most," everybody was talking about the OL and/or JP. I didn't predict this fiasco, but I seemed to be the only one with a bad feeling about the Defense. Everybody took for granted that we'd be good, as good or better than last year, by standing pat and gaining experience. That worried me, because people get old suddenly, people drop off suddenly, and you always have to be upgrading even the best of units just in case. I didn't predict disaster, but I did think a dropoff was likely. But nobody bought my cool-aid...

Last year's defense performed well against piss-poor teams.  It got beat hard by any team that was remotely good.

508025[/snapback]

I can't say you're wrong....but I'm not ready to accept that as fact yet....I dunno....There is a lot of talent on our defense.

508025[/snapback]

Last year the Bills' D got all the right bounces, all the big turnovers, etc. You can't count on that every year, and while some of it is created by good play, sometimes it's just good forture. They're just not getting those breaks this year, and that makes the overall job of the D a lot harder.

This summer when the threads were "What part of the team worrys you the most,"  everybody was talking about the OL and/or  JP.  I didn't predict this fiasco,  but I seemed to be the only one with a bad feeling about the Defense.  Everybody took for granted that we'd be good,  as good or better than last year,  by standing pat and gaining experience.  That worried me,  because people get old suddenly,  people drop off suddenly,  and you always have to be upgrading even the best of units just in case.  I didn't predict disaster,  but I did think a dropoff was likely.  But nobody bought my cool-aid...

508035[/snapback]

Well I don't have the energy to dig it up, but I actually felt similarly to you. I started a thread indicating that I felt Jerry Gray's performance was going to be the most important factor of the season. My reasoning was that we need our defense and Willis to carry on from where they were last year in order for JP to have the pressure taken off of him. Well, none of that really worked out anyway, but I do think you and I were of similar mind....I just didn't expect this kind of dropoff either.