KC gets a SB?

Ralph would be against that. He's a big proponent of warm weather tourist venues for the Super Bowl. I'm of the mind that you can sell out the game if you play it on a flat surface in ANWR. NFL players will play in any weather. The thing is, the Super Bowl is more than a game these days as the NFL turns it into an "experience". Gotta have nice venues for the parties.

Lately, the NFL has been rewarding those teams that have built new stadiums (or made significant improvements (Hou, Jax, Det). Rico brings up the very important point of hotels. Southern tourist cities usually have plenty of rooms. After that, you need a decent stadium which brings us back to the new stadium thing. I'm sure folks are still a bit nonplussed about the game being in Detroit, but I've heard something about this. A friend of mine used to bartend at a hotel in Miami. When the game was there in Jan '95 his place was housing all sorts of media-types. He ended up getting chummy with a dude that worked for the Lions. This guy was in charge of the logistics for the media every year as well as the liason to the network. He was good at it, so they have him do it evey year. Apparently, a few of the Detroit people are always part of the show, so that might be part of the deal for Detroit getting the game. Of course, they have the only new domed stadium up north, so that's part of it, too. BTW, my buddy scored a couple of tickets for the game.

I think you can rotate it between these places, and be just fine:

Miami

San Diego

New Orleans (when/if they make it back)

Phoenix (when they get a new stadium)

Tampa

Las Vegas (in my dreams)

Of course, I'd love to see people tailgating for a SB at Buffalo, Green Bay, Cleveland, KC, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston or even ANWR (fire up the grill... we've got fresh caribou!!!) but that just ain't gonna happen.

"The approval is for a 10-year window, starting in 2011, but Hunt said the most likely prospects would be for the 49th or 51st Super Bowl, after the 2014 or 2016 seasons."

Has the 50th SB already been announced for a specific city?

"The approval is for a 10-year window, starting in 2011, but Hunt said the most likely prospects would be for the 49th or 51st Super Bowl, after the 2014 or 2016 seasons."

Has the 50th SB already been announced for a specific city?

505363[/snapback]

Haven't heard anything official to that effect, but it would make sense to take the Golden Anniversary SB back where it began - to Los Angeles (which will have a team by then), in whatever they build to replace the Coliseum...