OH CRUD

aussiew

At least I'll have a few months to get drunk enough to sit through it. Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy.

:)

"SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- Australia advanced to the World Cup for the first time since 1974, beating Uruguay 4-2 on penalty kicks Wednesday night following a 1-0 victory."

I was in Hong Kong during the World Cup held in Japan/Korea. You talk about a town rocking and rolling. Solid party. I had no idea how seriously people take that stuff there.

504787[/snapback]

holy crap, that must have been intense!

holy crap, that must have been intense!

504793[/snapback]

Hong Kong is intense on a slow day. One of my favorite towns in the world. But, yeah...Jumbo-Trons on the street with huge crowds lined up around them hooting and hollering, and drinking copiously. Every bar packed by 8 AM. We didn't get a whole lot of work done that week. Were even watching soccer at the Dim-Sum place at lunchtime. And, the US put on a pretty good showing, too. Had to root for the home boys.

At least I'll have a few months to get drunk enough to sit through it.  Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy.

:)

"SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- Australia advanced to the World Cup for the first time since 1974, beating Uruguay 4-2 on penalty kicks Wednesday night following a 1-0 victory."

504769[/snapback]

That's GREAT! Good luck to your rude and drunken brethren in the games. :blush:

My swarthy and civilized (yeah, right) team will be there as well. ITALIA! :)

BTW, I went to a WC game (at Stanford) and saw Brazil. Great time, I tell ya.

Hong Kong is intense on a slow day. One of my favorite towns in the world. But, yeah...Jumbo-Trons on the street with huge crowds lined up around them hooting and hollering, and drinking copiously. Every bar packed by 8 AM. We didn't get a whole lot of work done that week. Were even watching soccer at the Dim-Sum place at lunchtime. And, the US put on a pretty good showing, too. Had to root for the home boys.

504822[/snapback]

Wow, that's incredible.....must have been one of those experiences you'll never forget, huh? I need to partake in a few of those one day :)

That's GREAT!  Good luck to your rude and drunken brethren in the games.  :blush:

My swarthy and civilized (yeah, right) team will be there as well.  ITALIA!  :)

BTW, I went to a WC game (at Stanford) and saw Brazil.  Great time, I tell ya.

504830[/snapback]

Totti is on fire this year, hopefully he can carry the motivation into the world cup. Italy's defence will be once again one of the best in the world, just something lacking in that midfield :)

Whats really fun is working in a multinational lab during the world cup...i got to make fun of so many foreigners in the lab in '02 when the USA was barreling over the competition.

A guy in our lab was bragging and wearing a flag today, because his country (Trinidad) qualified for the Cup...