My First Time at the Ralph

meazza

Hey guys, I just got back from Buffalo for what was my first time ever watching a live bills game. It was seriously a crazy experience from the tailgating to seeing how much fun it is to see a game live. I only had a couple of problems. First, I had 2nd row tickets which was keeping me from seeing the field well because of all the people on the sidelines from the CBS guy and the Chiefs players. Secondly, i had sat behind three very wasted guys who would get up and block my view, and when I would get up to see what they were blocking, an argument had broken out between a middle aged woman and these 3 guys which i tried to calm down to no avail. Thirdly, this same woman told me off because I kept getting up to cheer in big situations.

Over all though it was a great experience and I plan on going and see more games next season, I will probably purchase higher up tickets since I realized that you can see well from all around the stadium

Just thought i'd like to share

kool, congrats on ur first game...ive also sat down that low and did not like it one bit..i didnt have the ppl problem u had down there, but to tell the truth that problem is all over the stadium at times..i found i like the highrise the best...sitting so low i learned just how curved the field actually is when i couldnt see the bottom half of the players lined up on the other side..lol..the only good part is that bruce smith hit boomer and knocked him out right infront of me..other than that i didnt like it that much...the biggest problem i always had was my 1 friend kept insisting on wearing his miami stuff to the games even if we werent playing miami...almost got me killed a few times..lol

Hey guys, I just got back from Buffalo for what was my first time ever watching a live bills game.  It was seriously a crazy experience from the tailgating to seeing how much fun it is to see a game live.  I only had a couple of problems.  First, I had 2nd row tickets which was keeping me from seeing the field well because of all the people on the sidelines from the CBS guy and the Chiefs players.  Secondly, i had sat behind three very wasted guys who would get up and block my view, and when I would get up to see what they were blocking, an argument had broken out between a middle aged woman and these 3 guys which i tried to calm down to no avail.  Thirdly, this same woman told me off because I kept getting up to cheer in big situations.

Over all though it was a great experience and I plan on going and see more games next season, I will probably purchase higher up tickets since I realized that you can see well from all around the stadium

Just thought i'd like to share

502331[/snapback]

It seems to me that the lower sections, especially, the tunnel endzone seats, are where the overly rowdy hooligans prefer to sit. They're all about getting on TV and having a wall to set their beers on - AND seated low, so they can get out of there quickly and get back to their kegs in the parking lot.

There are always a few a-holes. There've been few games when there wasn't at least one within in shouting distance. For some attendees, a packed stadium is just an extension of their head banging rock & roll experience. In other words, they don't care that much about the game - they're there for the party. Yeeehaaaa!!!

The couple of times I've gotten seats with the TBD crew for the season openers has actually been about the best experiences. We've been able to have a good view and were insulated by fellow fans who are civil and actually have knowledge of the game. I brought my two young nephews this past year and was pleased that they could enjoy the family atmosphere sitting with the TBDers, and not hear some shirtless, inebriated nitwit spewing swear words throughout the contest.

Glad you finally got the chance to have the live experience. Where else would you have rather been than right there, right then?!?!?

Congrats meazza21 on your first game at the Ralph...!!

sitting low does stink...in that your view is blocked... :rolleyes:

Make your plans for the home opener next year and join the TSW party...It is a blast and Jay always gets great seats ...

Kinda scary to think that the TBD section is a safe as the family section! :rolleyes:

I guess being somewhat civilized has its rewards. <_<

I had seats on the goal line, row one, tunnel end once and the people were cool. You are right about the photogs and TV tower blocking the view sometimes. It was fun to experience, but I would not want season tix there.

It seems to me that the lower sections, especially, the tunnel endzone seats, are where the overly rowdy hooligans prefer to sit. They're all about getting on TV and having a wall to set their beers on - AND seated low, so they can get out of there quickly and get back to their kegs in the parking lot.

There are always a few a-holes. There've been few games when there wasn't at least one within in shouting distance. For some attendees, a packed stadium is just an extension of their head banging  rock & roll experience. In other words, they don't care that much about the game - they're there for the party. Yeeehaaaa!!!

The couple of times I've gotten seats with the TBD crew for the season openers has actually been about the best experiences. We've been able to have a good view and were insulated by fellow fans who are civil and actually have knowledge of the game. I brought my two young nephews this past year and was pleased that they could enjoy the family atmosphere sitting with the TBDers, and not hear some shirtless, inebriated nitwit spewing swear words throughout the contest.

Glad you finally got the chance to have the live experience. Where else would you have rather been than right there, right then?!?!?

502402[/snapback]

Were those the guys security dragged over the wall and took out during the 4th quarter?

502353[/snapback]

no i dont think so, well i was gone by the end of the 4th (like 2 minutes left to beat the traffic) but it calmed down at the end

There are always a few a-holes. There've been few games when there wasn't at least one within in shouting distance. For some attendees, a packed stadium is just an extension of their head banging  rock & roll experience. In other words, they don't care that much about the game - they're there for the party. Yeeehaaaa!!!

502402[/snapback]

well these were real fans, not just guys to get on tv, just that they weren't transparent and neither am I.

Congrats  meazza21 on your first game at the Ralph...!!

sitting low does stink...in that your view is blocked... :blink:

Make your plans for the home opener next year and join the TSW party...It is  a blast  and Jay always gets great seats ...

502408[/snapback]

I dont have any friends who are Bills fans, (well not guys I would travel 7 hours with), but I have a Chiefs fan, Steelers fan, Niners fan, Bengals and Cowboys fan. Now each of them has told me if the bills play them at home that they will make the drive to buffalo with me to watch the game. The best bet for me is most likely us facing the Steelers and Cincy at home next season, if I do, i have a friend (the same guy who got me these tickets) and I'll try to get tickets on the 10th row of the 50 yard line. It is a rather expensive journey for me so I will probably only do this once a year.

Go Bills

What is the proper etiquette for standing up to cheer at games?

Using common sense (about a nickle), I would have to say that if there is a big play happening it is ok to get up and cheer. I try not to do it every play, but if it is warrented, I say let it all out.

I dislike people who B word about people standing up, as if we are all supposed to be sitting on our @ssHoles the whole time...

What is the proper etiquette for standing up to cheer at games?

Using common sense (about a nickle), I would have to say that if there is a big play happening it is ok to get up and cheer. I try not to do it every play, but if it is warrented, I say let it all out.

I dislike people who B word about people standing up, as if we are all supposed to be sitting on our @ssHoles the whole time...

502913[/snapback]

at the old forum there was a standing section, id say i had the most fun there, too bad they don't have it anymore