I am off to see U2 tonight . . .

Peter

Saw them last week in Las Vegas, it was an awesome show.  Glad I got a chance to see the show, as it sold out in minutes, bought the tickets from a friend.

502305[/snapback]

Did they play I will follow in Vegas?

Did they play I will follow in Vegas?

502309[/snapback]

No - here's the setlists for the shows, Vegas is about halfway down. They play almost the same show every night, but no I Will Follow last week. Although I heard somewhere that Mysterious Ways was kind of a rarity. Oh and the production of the show was amazing, I was quite impressed, even with all of the expecatation.

http://www.u2setlists.com/vertigo-leg3.shtml

No - here's the setlists for the shows, Vegas is about halfway down.  They play almost the same show every night, but no I Will Follow last week.  Although I heard somewhere that Mysterious Ways was kind of a rarity.  Oh and the production of the show was amazing, I was quite impressed, even with all of the expecatation.

http://www.u2setlists.com/vertigo-leg3.shtml

502312[/snapback]

Thanks. They played Mysterious Ways last night. The whole show was great.

For some reason, I thought that they would play I Will Follow. It is my 3 year old son's favorite song. I was looking forward to hearing it live. I don't think that I have heard that one live in a long long time.

For those of you that are interested, it was a great show and a great end to a perfect day.

If you have a chance, go see you U2.

502300[/snapback]

Anyone remember Uncle Sam's, bar and dance club?

It was a big hotspot on Walden Rd (Cheetowaga) for a while. When U2s first LP, "Boy"came out in 1980 (that's right kids, LP, 33.3 RPM vinyl record - still 5 years away from the first CDs) they play Uncle Sams. Opening act...The Brains.

Guess which band members are now selling Amway products out of their garages?

I loved all the punk and new wave stuff that was coming out at the time. This was still a couple of years before video truly killed the radio star.

I got to see U2 at Uncle Sams. I thought "I Will Follow" was an amazing recording. Still do. I still favor their first couple of albums over their later stuff.

Anyway, it's nice to see they've established their role in rock history and I like to brag that I saw them play when they were still doing bar gigs. Only which I'd seen the Beatles at the Kaiskeller in Hamburg (the real Hamburg - not the one near OP).

Got to see the Vegas show on Friday. F uckin AWESOME. No "I will Follow" but they did bring out "Electric Co.", "Oceans" and a all time fav "40"! Stage was lit up and full energy all around. Real great, but the price was $185.00. Absolutely ridiculous even for U2, which I love. We all have the Corporation Giant MGM Grand to thank for the $100 sur-charge. What a joke!!

Good thing I got the ticket for free from a friend. Still $185?!?!?!?!?

Thanks.  They played Mysterious Ways last night.  The whole show was great. 

502403[/snapback]

I was there. It was a great show, as usual. There are tickets available for tonight's show, but I think one time is enough for me.

Got to see the Vegas show on Friday. F uckin AWESOME. No "I will Follow" but they did bring out "Electric Co.", "Oceans" and a all time fav "40"! Stage was lit up and full energy all around. Real great, but the price was $185.00. Absolutely ridiculous even for U2, which I love. We all have the Corporation Giant MGM Grand to thank for the $100 sur-charge. What a joke!!

502847[/snapback]

DVDs of the 11/5 Vegas show went up today on Dime.

Disc 2

00:00 Bullet the Blue Sky

05:20 Miss Sarajevo

11:20 Pride

15:25 Where the Streets Have No Name

24:10 One w/ Mary J Blige

WTF?? :blink::D:)

Anyone remember Uncle Sam's, bar and dance club?

It was a big hotspot on Walden Rd (Cheetowaga) for a while. When U2s first LP, "Boy"came out in 1980 (that's right kids, LP, 33.3 RPM vinyl record - still 5 years away from the first CDs) they play Uncle Sams. Opening act...The Brains.

Guess which band members are now selling Amway products out of their garages?

I loved all the punk and new wave stuff that was coming out at the time. This was still a couple of years before video truly killed the radio star.

I got to see U2 at Uncle Sams. I thought "I Will Follow" was an amazing recording. Still do. I still favor their first couple of albums over their later stuff.

Anyway, it's nice to see they've established their role in rock history and I like to brag that I saw them play when they were still doing bar gigs. Only which I'd seen the Beatles at the Kaiskeller in Hamburg (the real Hamburg - not the one near OP).

502463[/snapback]

I was at the Uncle Sam's show as well. I had no idea who they were and to tell you the truth, I thought they sucked that night. Then, a couple of years later they're the world's biggest band and I'm walking around going, "wait a minute, those guys suck!"

I guess you never know.

502847[/snapback]

Eeeeeeeeeeeasy now lol. I work there and I paid full price. We made a prett penny on the shows, but a great majority went to the band, label, et. al. No where near $100 per ticket. We don't make our money on the shows themselves.

DVDs of the 11/5 Vegas show went up today on Dime.

WTF?? :blink:  :D  :)

502879[/snapback]

Yea before "One" Bono was talking about playing some type of fundraiser for the Gulf Coast and Mary J Blige played with them and she was a great singer, etc. I thought who cares. Then halfway through she comes out and sings the rest of the song. IMO ruined one of their best songs. Although they made up for it in the encore by bringing out Brandon Flowers (The Killers - native of Las Vegas) to sing on "In a Little While" and it was great. Mary J does not do a good Bono, though.