Bulls Win!

Kent State dropped to 1-9. It's not like UB played a team in the Top 115. UB will never be anything in I-A as long as they are in the MAC. They should be in the Big East. More name opponents means more money for the program and better recruits. Until that happens they will always be 1-10 or if they are lucky, 2-9. I can't wait to see what no name coach they hire next to take the program "to the next level"

I remember when Dr. Robert Ketter was president of UB. He refused to jack it up to Division 1 for two reasons:

1) College is for an education, not to play football or basketball.

2) The reputation of the school should be base educational merit, not athletic teams.

It is funny in that he was right. If anything UB is recognized as a "lesser" school because its teams that do not produce. Nobody looks at how well educated the real population comes out of the school.

In a way it is too bad, BUT Ketter was right.

Hey, the Bball team made the MAC Championship game last year in a very tough D-1A league and the soccer team plays for the MAC title today. They are taking small steps to at least be competitive in other D1 sports. It's not all about football. The next coach will do better, he has to. He cannot do any worse! I think the new AD is the first one they have that actually knows how to compete and win at this level. He will use his Big 10 connections to at least get the football team competitive.

Hey, the Bball team made the MAC Championship game last year in a very tough D-1A league and the soccer team plays for the MAC title today.  They are taking small steps to at least be competitive in other D1 sports.  It's not all about football.  The next coach will do better, he has to. He cannot do any worse!   I think the new AD is the first one they have that actually knows how to compete and win at this level.  He will use his Big 10 connections to at least get the football team competitive.

501054[/snapback]

I apologize for the generalization. Of course the entire Athletic program cannot be based on a lousy football team; but my point is, neither should the actual education the school is responsible for.

That is why Ketter refused to go Div 1 in the first place and even before that, they had a Head Coach, Robert Peel, that was of the same mind set. School is for education, not sports.