Quick Question

youngunz

I am wondering what the board is thinking???

Would you be happy making a push and winning the East at 8-8 or 9-7 and then getting beat in the wild card game by a team like the Bengals / Steelers / Chargers / Broncos.

Personally.....to me that is a wasted season, and then Next year in the off season we debate whether or not we give JP the reigns or sign another FA journeyman QB.

NOT TO MENTION we end up picking 23rd or 24th.

Would you be happy making a push and winning the East at 8-8 or 9-7 and then getting beat in the wild card game by a team like the Bengals / Steelers / Chargers / Broncos.

Personally.....to me that is a wasted season, and then Next year in the off season we debate whether or not we give JP the reigns or sign another FA journeyman QB.

500234[/snapback]

Don't you know that we want our cake and eat it too?

We want JP to win the SB as a rookie with a !@#$ed up O-Line and a Defense that couldn't stop Stojan running the ball!

Then we want to B word about how awful our team is in the offseason and how TD should be fired because he doesn't sign every FA out there that someone on the wall has heard of before

And finally in April we can say WTF are they doing drafting that guy? I really wanted the guy who scored a 2 on the wonderlic and fuggin TD drafted the guy with a 5! ;)

I think that about sums it up.

All the polls on this that have been put up recently on this board indicate that a pretty overwhelming majority wants to ride out the season with JPL and play for the future. I didn't want to see him pulled at all.

But, like last season at this time, the Candy Cane Mountain, Gum Drop Lane types think we're on a playoff run.

All the polls on this that have been put up recently on this board indicate that a pretty overwhelming majority wants to ride out the season with JPL and play for the future.  I didn't want to see him pulled at all.

But, like last season at this time, the Candy Cane Mountain, Gum Drop Lane types think we're on a playoff run.

500290[/snapback]

I hate to correct you. I really do. But its Gum drop mountain and candy cane lane.

Let's see, I'm a Bills fan...so I want the Bills to win as many games as they can and to go as far as they can. I'd rather have them lose the first playoff game than not make the playoffs.

As I don't think KH gives us a better chance to win than JP, I'd prefer we win as many games as we can with JP...but if one of the QBs actually DOES give us a better chance to win I'd prefer we win as many games as we can with the QB that gives us the better chance to win more games.

I never, Never, EVER hope the Bills lose a game, or don't make the playoffs. While I like som players better than others, I root for the team regardless of who is in the game. I never, Never, EVER hope one of our players falters so they have to bring in the guy I like better.

See...I'm a BILLS fan.

All the polls on this that have been put up recently on this board indicate that a pretty overwhelming majority wants to ride out the season with JPL and play for the future.  I didn't want to see him pulled at all.

500290[/snapback]

The difference is last year at this time, we got to play the 49ers, Cardinals,

Rams and Seahawks, Bengals and our own Dolphins and Jets.... This time

around we will be playing San Diego, KC, Carolina, improved Bengals....

The chance of going 6-2 is less realistic than last year......

Hey...but there is something called HOPE....even if it is MISPLACED.... ;)

I never, Never, EVER hope the Bills lose a game, or don't make the playoffs.  While I like som players better than others, I root for the team regardless of who is in the game.  I never, Never, EVER hope one of our players falters so they have to bring in the guy I like better.

See...I'm a BILLS fan.

500395[/snapback]

I don't see....A true fan is one who lives and dies for his team. A true fan is not happy until the Lombardi trophy is being raised. A true fan realizes (especially in todays game of parody) that some times you have to take a step back in order to take two going forward. A true fan looks at 7-9 / 8-8 / 9-7 or wild card losses as a waste of a season, because they know that the following year they dont get that optimistic missing link in the draft to propel the team over the top.

A true fan realizes JP Losman should have been taking the reps at QB from late July until the end of the season, so that next year the Bills would be poised to make a run (see. Carson Palmer, Eli Manning).

Check out

Rules for being a Fan

See #8, 9

I don't see....A true fan is one who lives and dies for his team. A true fan is not happy until the Lombardi trophy is being raised. A true fan realizes (especially in todays game of parody) that some times you have to take a step back in order to take two going forward. A true fan looks at 7-9 / 8-8 / 9-7 or wild card losses as a waste of a season, because they know that the following year they dont get that optimistic missing link in the draft to propel the team over the top.

A true fan realizes JP Losman should have been taking the reps at QB from late July until the end of the season, so that next year the Bills would be poised to make a run (see. Carson Palmer, Eli Manning).

Check out

Rules for being a Fan

See #8, 9

500717[/snapback]

You HAVE to be joking.

NOBODY should be rooting for the Bills to lose at this point, NOBODY! We're one freak'n game out of first place, and once you make the playoffs, you have no idea what's going to happen in a single elimination game. The ball bounces funny ways.

If you're rooting for the team to lose, please get the hell off of TSW until the offseason, ok? This goes for all of the bandwagon fans (and again, if you're hoping we lose for a draft pick, then you're a bandwagon fan).

Even using your own link, you look silly:

It's OK to root against your team, if they're hopelessly out of the playoff race

We're not hopelessly out of the playoff race. We're ONE GAME BACK WITH EIGHT TO GO!

This thread is stupid.

I'm more stupid for reading and responding to it.

CW

You HAVE to be joking.

NOBODY should be rooting for the Bills to lose at this point, NOBODY! 

We're not hopelessly out of the playoff race.  We're ONE GAME BACK WITH EIGHT TO GO!

This thread is stupid.

I'm more stupid for reading and responding to it.

CW

500773[/snapback]

Gotta go with Fez on this one. We could be in a first place tie by the end of the weekend. Would people feel better if we were 5-3 and the patsies were 6-2. One game out is one game out. And yes, I'd rather have the "juice" of watching the Bills play a playoff game and lose than be rooting for draft position. The draft is a complete crap shoot anyway.

Let's kick ass tomorrow.

Check out

Rules for being a Fan

See #8, 9

500717[/snapback]

I've never heard such a load of crap. Keep stepping backwards, buddy.

500234[/snapback]

I think the key to getting over the top is to consistently draft 20+. Why? Because you are locked into the salary slotting, those top 5 picks kill your future cap-wise, and they are hard to cut if they don't pan out because of the signing bonus. It's better to pick low. That way guessig wrong doesn't kill you and you have twice as much money to spend on proven free agents.

So yeah, I think we fight and claw our way to every win we can get, and the future will take care of itself.

All I ask is that the Bills win every game. I take it a week at a time. I have the offseason to B word. For now I will anticipate each game, hoping for a win. :lol:

Let's see, I'm a Bills fan...so I want the Bills to win as many games as they can and to go as far as they can.  I'd rather have them lose the first playoff game than not make the playoffs.

As I don't think KH gives us a better chance to win than JP, I'd prefer we win as many games as we can with JP...but if one of the QBs actually DOES give us a better chance to win I'd prefer we win as many games as we can with the QB that gives us the better chance to win more games.

I never, Never, EVER hope the Bills lose a game, or don't make the playoffs.  While I like som players better than others, I root for the team regardless of who is in the game.  I never, Never, EVER hope one of our players falters so they have to bring in the guy I like better.

See...I'm a BILLS fan.

500395[/snapback]

500234[/snapback]

Put in jp, let him learn and give the division to the pats, cuz the pats need help to win..

You HAVE to be joking.

NOBODY should be rooting for the Bills to lose at this point, NOBODY!  We're one freak'n game out of first place, and once you make the playoffs, you have no idea what's going to happen in a single elimination game.  The ball bounces funny ways.

500773[/snapback]

Amazing...Nobody roots for the team to loose, but the path traveled to excelence is quite different. If you loose while developing the future, it is much more palatable than finishing ONE FREAK'n game out of first place and having to restart the process all over again.

I love the

We're one freak'n game out of first place
. And that should make BB fans have something to rejoice about. FYI...The Dolphins suck, The Jets suck, and right now the Pats (with or without Bruschi) have become average. And even with all that said We're one freak'n game out of first place

If you loose while developing the future, it is much more palatable than finishing ONE FREAK'n game out of first place and having to restart the process all over again.

500860[/snapback]

As Vince Lombardi pointed out, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing".

There's a reason the trophy isn't named after Hank Bullough.

Another very wise and successful coach shared this with us: "Winning is the best experience".

Amazing...Nobody roots for the team to loose, but the path traveled to excelence is quite different. If you loose while developing the future, it is much more palatable than finishing ONE FREAK'n game out of first place and having to restart the process all over again.

I love the . And that should make  BB fans have something to rejoice about. FYI...The Dolphins suck, The Jets suck, and right now the Pats (with or without Bruschi) have become average. And even with all that said  We're one freak'n game out of first place

500860[/snapback]

Dude, just go away until January (or, hopefully February). You're a disgrace to the "true fans" here.

CW

Let's see, I'm a Bills fan...so I want the Bills to win as many games as they can and to go as far as they can.  I'd rather have them lose the first playoff game than not make the playoffs.

See...I'm a BILLS fan.

500395[/snapback]

that's f@cking right.

there has only ever been one game i wanted the bills to lose, that was against carolina in 01 because i wanted peppers in the draft. that was a late year game and we had a horrible team and had been out of the playoff for about 7 games or so.

it still made me feel dirty.

500234[/snapback]

i an rooting for the Bills, but as i look at their remaining schedule i don't see them making the playoffs. however if they had a shot, yes, i would rather they make the playoffs and get get booted in the first round than not make the playoffs at all.

my reason being other than the obvious...i want to see the Bills in the playoffs, but I think any playoff experience for the younger players is extremely valuable.

guys like Duke Preston, Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, and Terrance McGee, etc...etc....they will be around for a while,....and they can use the experience to take them further the next time around.

i want to see the Bills in the playoffs, but I think any playoff experience for the younger players is extremely valuable.

guys like Duke Preston, Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, and Terrance McGee, etc...etc....they will be around for a while,....and they can use the experience to take them further the next time around.

500937[/snapback]

Very good point- one thing that should be obvious even to the most hard-headed of Bill's fans is that the QB is simply another piece of the puzzle and the idea that the QB is the most important postion on the team is simply foolish and proiven wrong game after game. The further our young guys get the better for them and us.