Travis and Jonas items

Pat Williams ain't nearly enough to fix what ails this team.

498081[/snapback]

Exactly...and even with PWs in this lineup a good team like the Steelers

exposed our defense....and every Defensive coordinator that we have

faced this year has used that blueprint to beat us......

Our defense stats were padded playing the mediocre teams late in the

season last year....the 49ers...Rams, Cardinals....

If you go back and look at the games against NE, Pittsburgh, we were

bulldozed over...

PW was a good player....not a great player to invest that kind of money.

It is a different matter that Edwards did not pan out....As for Anderson,

the guy needs to get more reps to know whether he can cut it or not...

Wilfork was a 1st round pick 2 years ago playing DT for the Patriots...How

many game changing plays or pro-bowls has he been to.....

i also love butler for going for it that year, but there was no way the bills would have gotten past the colts the next week. the bills were a horrible dome stadium team throughout the 90s, and had been blasted badly by the colts earlier that year in indy. they also matched up poorly against jacksonville.

Actually, even Polian said the winner of the Bills-Titans game would probably have been the AFC Super Bowl representative that season. I base my opinion on what Polian said.

Actually, even Polian said the winner of the Bills-Titans game would probably have been the AFC Super Bowl representative that season.  I base my opinion on what Polian said.

498156[/snapback]

The bills were a wild-card team playing a road playoff game...I don't think

they had a shot at winning 2 more road games to the super-bowl.

You forget how good that team was. That team was 11-5 and had won 5 road games that year. That Bills team could out-muscle just about anyone. The only team that could get as physical as we could was Tennessee.

We had just smoked Indy 31-6 a week earlier & even Polian admitted the Bills were a bad matchup for his team. Yes, Indy beat us in the 1st game of the season at the dome , but so what. Also, Jax was on their way down, Tenn just beat them up.

That 99 wild card game still is the most physical football game I had ever seen.

And Sam Adams is a spring chicken???? He's 32 and been in the league 12 years. Pat is 33 and been in the league 9 years. Who has more mileage????

Adams has 14 tackles and 1 sack this year http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3006

Williams has 33 tackles and 1 sack http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4539

Looks like Sam is heading for the retirement home quicker than Pat

498100[/snapback]

Yeah, all the more reason not to be signing either of them to a four year high $$ contract at this stage in their lives...Thanks for making that argument...

Yeah, all the more reason not to be signing either of them to a four year high $$  contract at this stage in their lives...Thanks for making that argument...

498201[/snapback]

what did Pat Williams sign for 3 years and $13 million .... let's see, we have Mike Williams at almost 10 mill and he can't do anything so signing Pat Williams --- who can play --- for about 4 mill a year is a bad idea????

You forget how good that team was.  That team was 11-5 and had won 5 road games that year.  That Bills team could out-muscle just about anyone.  The only team that could get as physical as we could was Tennessee. 

We had just smoked Indy 31-6 a week earlier & even Polian admitted the Bills were a bad matchup for his team.  Yes, Indy beat us in the 1st game of the season at the dome , but so what.  Also, Jax was on their way down, Tenn just beat them up. 

That 99 wild card game still is the most physical football game I had ever seen.

498195[/snapback]

Well said, it would have been an uphill battle but it was possible. Wasn't the game we smoked Indy in one that would of clinched home field for them? I think that’s a pretty strong statement about how good that team was.