Holcomb Smiles

As if MM would have the balls to start JP anyways, Kelly Holcomb is watching this game with a smile. This guarantee's Holcomb a few more starts at the very least.

Jets Lose.

Dolphins Lose.

Pats getting schooled, on the verge of losing.

How could it work out any better for the Bills? You know until the Bills are out of Playoff contention, it's Holcomb's team.

It frustrates me to no end. We will use this excuse until the end of the year when it's too late to get JP the proper amount of reps. And then next year we will be in the same exact position.

As if MM would have the balls to start JP anyways, Kelly Holcomb is watching this game with a smile. This guarantee's Holcomb a few more starts at the very least.

Jets Lose.

Dolphins Lose.

How could it work out any better for the Bills? You know until the Bills are out of Playoff contention, it's Holcomb's team.

It frustrates me to no end. We will use this excuse until the end of the year when it's too late to get JP the proper amount of reps. And then next year we will be in the same exact position.

497417[/snapback]

Doesn't mean a damn thing, who starts at QB, until the fix the damned line.

Jets Lose.

Dolphins Lose.

497417[/snapback]

I have to agree with you and actually brought up that same point last week after the sunday night loss to NE.

Jets Lose.

Dolphins Lose.

497417[/snapback]

Exact same position: listening to the coaches telling us how JP is playing great in practice and watching film and is ready to step in and dominate. They already started that a week ago when TD said that JP had looked more accurate in practice. Even though the schedule is harder than it was last year, I'd hate to see a repeat of last year where we finish strong but still have to sit and wait for next year. Then they will try to push a NEW JP down our throats and keep us waiting and hoping to see how he plays with Parrish and Everett and either a new or re-shuffled O-Line. From my standpoint: if KH is not going to be the QB of the future than I'd rather lose with JP the final 8 games to let him develop than spin our wheels with KH. And we all know that KH will not start in 2006 for he will not sell many tickets out the gate for there are more fans who would rather see a supposedly better JP with new toys than those who are really in love with KH arm unless the team is ready to win IT ALL now with KH at the helm, NOT! Then if JP struggles to start off 2006 because he is not READY they may turn to KH again just like they did this year to salvage the season and give a spark while they sit JP to give him a chance in 2007 when he is supposedly READY until they finnally give up hope- wait a minute it seems as if we keep spinning around and around year after year, WHEN WILL THE MADDNESS END???!!!!!!

win IT ALL now with KH at the helm, NOT! Then if JP struggles to start off 2006 because he is not READY they may turn to KH again just like they did this year to salvage the season and give a spark while they sit JP to give him a chance in 2007 when he is supposedly READY until they finnally give up hope- wait a minute it seems as if we keep spinning around and around year after year, WHEN WILL THE MADDNESS END???!!!!!!

498412[/snapback]

Sounds like something that was similarly happening in Cleveland the last

4 years...

I think Holcomb will probably start the next two or three games, leaving JP with 5 or 6 more starts this season. Hopefully that will be enough to let JP start cooling, let the game start to slow down for him, and let the Bills begin to see whether or not they actually have something in JP. I have an idea they will sign another young QB (Rohan Davey?) to compete with JP next summer unless he shows tremendous improvement by the end of the season.

Look at it this way: 2006 is a rough year either way.

Even if JP started this weekend, the surrounding cast of characters (read: o-line) is going to impede his development until they get their act together. So, whether he starts in week 10 or starts in week 13 doesn't matter. He still needs a healthy chunk of the 2006 season to get comfortable playing NFL football. Write it off.

But, 2006 gives the D a chance to get back on track and JP, Evans, McGahee, et al to turn into the kind of scoring machine we had way back when. In the meantime, hopefully, they are adding talent to the lines to strengthen them.

The '07 season should be when we start seeing results.

Moulds and all the WIN IT NOW! fans are not going to like this, but if you look at the length of time it takes most NFL QBs to develop, it's the truth.

Are TD and Mularkey mortgaging the future for short-term gratification? Probably. Both their asses are on the line if they don't start producing results. Or, if RCW heads to the sideline club in the sky, a new ownership group is going to sack both of them anyway.

They might be trying to polish their football resumes (with a few Ws) to set themselves up for their next stops in the league. That leaves you and me OUT of the picture. They are not trying to win now for the fans, or for the veteran players like Moulds. They certainly are NOT acting like guys who have a long-term commitment to this franchise. :D

Exact same position: listening to the coaches telling us how JP is playing great in practice and watching film and is ready to step in and dominate. They already started that a week ago when TD said that JP had looked more accurate in practice. Even though the schedule is harder than it was last year, I'd hate to see a repeat of last year where we finish strong but still have to sit and wait for next year. Then they will try to push a NEW JP down our throats and keep us waiting and hoping to see how he plays with Parrish and Everett and either a new or re-shuffled O-Line. From my standpoint: if KH is not going to be the QB of the future than I'd rather lose with JP the final 8 games to let him develop than spin our wheels with KH. And we all know that KH will not start in 2006 for he will not sell many tickets out the gate for there are more fans who would rather see a supposedly better JP with new toys than those who are really in love with KH arm unless the team is ready to win IT ALL now with KH at the helm, NOT! Then if JP struggles to start off 2006 because he is not READY they may turn to KH again just like they did this year to salvage the season and give a spark while they sit JP to give him a chance in 2007 when he is supposedly READY until they finnally give up hope- wait a minute it seems as if we keep spinning around and around year after year, WHEN WILL THE MADDNESS END???!!!!!!

498412[/snapback]

I'm with ya on this one. It makes no sense to start KH. Lets get started with the JP era !

...Did anyone hear a statistic during one of the Cowgirls games this year. Something to the tune of this.

Cowgirls have never had a First round draft pick for O-Line.

I believe they said 5th round was the highest pick. This is astounding, what are they doing that our front office can't do. It seems that so many first rounders are bust at O-line, or any other position for that matter.

What a crap shoot. Thanks, just shooting the crap...

They need to replace Teague with Preston first....The problems to the

line starts right in the middle.

497848[/snapback]

For the most part, Teague has been doing his job out there. Some of the other positions have been questionable. While I agree with your ending statement, I don't think it's the time just yet to put in Preston for him.