Peyton Manning on "Inside the NFL"

Buftex

I have to say, I think Peyton Manning is a terrific QB, but after watching him in college and the pros, I am pretty sure he is the next great QB who will not win a Super Bowl. I like the guy though. Did anyone happen to catch Costas interview with him on "Inside the NFL"?

At one point, Costas asks him which NFL QB's he admired most. Without hesitation, he said "Dan Marino and Jim Kelly." He then, after some explaining, mentioned the others (Montanna, Elway, Favre, etc etc). They cynic might say that of course, he picked two guys who had great careers, but never won the "big one". I thought it was cool, because normally when the all-time greats are discussed, Jimbo is kind of lumped onto the second tier of guys just below Unitias, Montana, Elway, Favre and Marino. He went on to explain that he always thought Kelly was the toughest QB of all time, and always admired the way he got up right away, after being drilled. Nothing earth-shattering I know, just a slow Bills week, bye an all...

Oh yeah, he also talks about "Fantasy Football Geeks":

Last season:

Fantasy Geek: "Payton, great game last week!"

PM: "Uh, we lost 42-35!"

Fantasy Geek: "But, I have you on my Fantasy team, you had 5 td's, great game!"

This season:

Fantasy Geek: "Payton, what is wrong with you this year?"

PM: "Well, we are 7-0, things have been going pretty good this year, I thought."

Fantasy Geek: "Yeah, but you only have 10 td passes...I might have to bench you for Vinny this week!"

I got a chuckle out of it! There has been precious little else to smile about this season... :ph34r: