So, you guys ready for the Chiefs?

cmh6476

Welcome.

I don't agree with what I highlighted of your post. Scroll down to my final post HERE for a brief explanation of the current AFC wild card climate. The Chiefs have a very tough schedule, so your team's only realistic chance is to win most of your remaining division games and hope that the Broncos do their annual second half slide.

This upcoming Bills game, as well as your Houston away game, are the only freebies for your Chiefs. If you guys run Holmes/Johnson for 70% of your plays, you will have the Bills game wrapped up by the early 3rd quarter. Don't worry about your pass defense. As you already mentioned, Holcomb can't challenge them. And if JP Losman ends up starting, even better for ya.

See you around. Peace.

494036[/snapback]

3 winnable games in Oak, Buf and Houston. Just can't screw any of them up. Win all 3, and we're 7-4 and likely only needing 3 more games for a WC. With 4 home games after that, it's very feasible.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up man!

The game against our beloved Bills will be your easiest game of the year. I say this because we have 2 weeks to prepare to screw this one up instead of the normal 1 week it usually takes. Chefs big!! :lol:

3 winnable games in Oak, Buf and Houston.  Just can't screw any of them up.  Win all 3, and we're 7-4 and likely only needing 3 more games for a WC.  With 4 home games after that, it's very feasible.

494046[/snapback]

Sure, it's very possible the Chiefs could finish 10-6 and get a Wild Card. But the Jags, Bengals, and Steelers each have a great shot of finishing no less than 11-5 this year.

That, and after a loss you're always lookign forward to the next game to forget about that loss.  Unfortunately, you guys get an extra week to think about it :lol:

493997[/snapback]

In Buffalo, after a loss we're looking forward to the next season not the next game.

Sure, it's very possible the Chiefs could finish 10-6 and get a Wild Card. But the Jags, Bengals, and Steelers each have a great shot of finishing no less than 11-5 this year.

494053[/snapback]

B'gals have five on IR already, including both starting safties and 1st OL back-up Larry Moore.

Maybe 10 - 6. I look for 9 - 7.

B'gals have five on IR already, including both starting safties and 1st OL back-up Larry Moore.

Maybe 10 - 6.  I look for 9 - 7.

494063[/snapback]

they've got @ Bal, Ind, Bal, @ Pit, Cle, @ Det, Buf, and KC

They have played two tough teams and lost both. I think they will be exposed playing a much tougher schedule in the 2nd half.

Yeah, they haven't exactly lived up to all the hype.  We're getting beat through the air, but I firmly believe that has been a result of a lack of pass rush, as oppossed to personnell issues in the secondary.  When our D-Line plays well we win, and when the D-Line plays sh------- we lose.  It's really as simple as that.

Our run D is much improved.  I credit that to having more talent and speed at LB this year.  Kawika Mitchell is playing well in the middle, and Derrick Johnson and Kendrell Bell have shown flashes on the outside.  We definitely have a lot more speed in the LBs than we did in years past.

Which really might not bode well for you guys.  Teams have beat us this year through the air.  If we can step up and slow down McGahee, I'm not sure a guy like Holcombe or Losman is capable of beating us, like guys like McNabb/ Plummer/ or Brees can!

I'm not sure about Priest.  They said early on he'd be fine, but now there is some concern.  We're not too concerned as fans though, just because we do have faith in LJ.  You guys should be able to get a better feel this week though when we play the Raiders.

494020[/snapback]

Typical Chiefs fan. Smart as schitt about their team and not some "We're gonna kick your ass" homer. I'm looking forward to your game this week as I fully appreciate a good rivalry. You've had some good home games that I recall, especially back when the hometown saying was "It ain't over 'til it's Vanover." Saw him take one back to seal it vs. the Raiders years ago. And your city is insane the way every decorates their homes at Christmas...I mean Bruschmas...in KC logos and colors.

Welcome to the board.

Here's something I posted at chiefsplanet. I was reserved in posting it here, just because I thought it might come across as arrogant and cocky. But after hangin out here the last couple days, I've realized that you guys are down on your team just as much as anybody else, and realize the Chiefs actually probably should win next week's game. So, here it is:

We have to win this week's game!

Have to. It's a must.

I honestly think the Raiders are the only team that can beat us in our next 3 matchups.

Why you ask? Because the Raiders have the aerial assault to attack our secondary, where Buffalo and Houston will play to our strengths!

Buffalo doesn't even know if they are going to start Losman or Holcombe, but the point is they both suck. That team relies on McGahee to carry them, and our strength on defense has been stopping the run. We can stack the box and stop McGahee, and make whoever is QBin the Bills beat us. I don't think that can happen, and I don't think the Bills can beat us, if we do the things we have to do. Buffalo's run D has been atrocious, and we can pound the ball all day on them.

Same kind of goes for Houston. Since they switched O-coordinators, they have been relying more on the run. But that's because their passing game sucks. Johnson has been hurt all season, and none of their receivers are anything to brag about. Again, if we can stop Domanick Davis and make Carr beat us, we will win this game. And once again, Houston's run D is terrible and we can pound it down their throats all day!

There is absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER we should lose to the Bills or Texans!#@!#

Which is why we must beat the Raiders. We have the home field here, and should win this game. The Raiders are going to be much tougher this time around IMO (their O is finally starting to gel), but we can still kick their ass. We have to have this game to put us at 5-3, 2-2 in the division and in good shape heading into the Buff and Hou games. We do not want to be 4-4 heading into Buffalo.

But take these next 3 and get to 7-3, and IMO all we have to do is split each of the upcoming groups of 2 games (Ne/Den, @Dal/@NYG, & SD/Cin) to get us to 10-6 and that should get us into the playoffs.

And with all that said, that's why we have to beat the Raiders

Saying Losman and Holcombe both suck probably wasn't fair. I guess maybe you could say that about Holcombe, as he's been a career journeyman, but it's definitely not fair to say that about JP. He's been thrown to the wolves, and the O-Line has not played that well for you guys, making it that much worse on JP. He very well could develop into a decent QB in this league, but as for the moment he still has a lot of room for improvement.

Saying Losman and Holcombe both suck probably wasn't fair.  I guess maybe you could say that about Holcombe, as he's been a career journeyman, but it's definitely not fair to say that about JP.  He's been thrown to the wolves, and the O-Line has not played that well for you guys, making it that much worse on JP.  He very well could develop into a decent QB in this league, but as for the moment he still has a lot of room for improvement.

494604[/snapback]

No offense taken here. I would be willing to bet that almost any QB is going to suck behind our pitiful o-line.

They may suck, but they are both an improvement over Todd Collins. Gotcha! Sorry about that. :blink:

No offense taken here.  I would be willing to bet that almost any QB is going to suck behind our pitiful o-line.

They may suck, but they are both an improvement over Todd Collins.  Gotcha!  Sorry about that.  :blink:

494609[/snapback]

ouch :D

the bills will beat the cheifs because they think all they have to do is play 4 quarters to win.

kelly is starting because JP is not ready yet.

with roscoe healthy we have the WRs to do some damage against KC, and I expect our D to play well enough to take the ball away a few times and give it back to our improving ball control O.

our special teams and home advantage put us over the top.

after seeing how they played on sunday night, the only people who have given up on the bills are the fans, not the team

the bills will beat the cheifs because they think all they have to do is play 4 quarters to win.

kelly is starting because JP is not ready yet.

with roscoe healthy we have the WRs to do some damage against KC, and I expect our D to play well enough to take the ball away a few times and give it back to our improving ball control O.

our special teams and home advantage put us over the top.

after seeing how they played on sunday night, the only people who have given up on the bills are the fans, not the team

494649[/snapback]

I was skeptical about going to buffalo, but after hanging out here the last couple days, I'm really starting to feel better about this matchup. Since the guys here are the guys that watch the games week in and week out, I have no problem deferring to them on the matter.

I was skeptical about going to buffalo, but after hanging out here the last couple days, I'm really starting to feel better about this matchup.  Since the guys here are the guys that watch the games week in and week out, I have no problem deferring to them on the matter.

494653[/snapback]

I felt the same way moments before the start of our game vs. Oakland. The "any given sunday" rule is what keeps most of us Bills fans coming back for more heartache every week.

I think also, though, that you're right with your initial skepticism about this game because I watched your team get dismantled vs. Denver and you have holes that can be exposed PROVIDED we have the ability to expose them. That latter portion of that statement is the caveat. I'm just glad we're playing at home.

We win 27-17... Bills Run d looks strangely improved

494733[/snapback]

Really? Cause I know you guys were stout against the run last year, and then the beginnign of this year it just seemed anyone could run on you.

Are you seeing improvements since the beginning of the season?

Also of not is that Willie Roaf has now been downgraded to questionable for this week's game against the Raiders...

Really?  Cause I know you guys were stout against the run last year, and then the beginnign of this year it just seemed anyone could run on you.

Are you seeing improvements since the beginning of the season?

Also of not is that Willie Roaf has now been downgraded to questionable for this week's game against the Raiders...

494744[/snapback]

Nope. Stussy109 was just being optimistic. The Bills' run D has been consistently awful ever since Game 2. Corey Dillon would have easily had 100 yds last Sunday if he had played all 4 quarters and if the Pats had the ball longer than 20 minutes that game. Our defense has made Curtis Martin (week 6) look 10 years younger and LaMont Jordan (week 7) look like a top 3 NFL RB.

The difference between the Bills D of last year and this year? It's slightly complicated, but the loss of our former DT run stopper Pat Williams (free agency, to the Vikes) and our defensive MVP (Takeo Spikes, season-ending Achilles injury) hasn't helped.

Oh yeah, and to make things even easier for your offense, the only decent DT on our roster (Sam Adams) may be benched for the Bills-KC game. I'm not sure why, but it has something to do with him being a big giant pu$$y.

I know we've got a real big game this week first against the hated Raiders, but next week's game against you guys is going to be huge as well!

Both our divisions really seem up in the air right now, and I think it's probably safe to say every team in both division's has a chance to either win the division title or possibly a wild card berth!

If you're looking for a chiefs site to hang out at in the meantime, the place to be is:

www.chiefsplanet.com

I remember the last time we played you guys!  I believe it may have been a Sunday Night if I remember correctly.  I know I was there, sitting up in the top around quite a few Bills fans.  They got awfully quiet around halftime :huh:

But next week's game is huge, especially with Denver's lead.  If we can beat the Raider's, we'll be 5-3 with a 2-2 division record.  Not spectacular, but both Denver and SD now have to travel to our house.  If we lose this week against Oakland, we'll be 4-4 and fighting for our playoff lives!

The Chiefs really need to beat Oakland this week, then need to win 2 big games on the road after that (Buffalo and Houston).  If they can pull that off, they'll be 7-3 with a good shot at the playoffs.  From there it gets much tougher (NE, Den, @ Dal, @ NYG, SD, Cin).  So these next three games are critical.  And I'm sure next week's game probably means as much to the Bills as it will the Chiefs.

Good luck to you guys though, and once we get the Raiders out of the way I'll be back to chat a little more.

Peace. :blink:

493970[/snapback]

What is going on.....

:D

Nope. Stussy109 was just being optimistic. The Bills' run D has been consistently awful ever since Game 2. Corey Dillon would have easily had 100 yds last Sunday if he had played all 4 quarters and if the Pats had the ball longer than 20 minutes that game. Our defense has made Curtis Martin (week 6) look 10 years younger and LaMont Jordan (week 7) look like a top 3 NFL RB.

The difference between the Bills D of last year and this year? It's slightly complicated, but the loss of our former DT run stopper Pat Williams (free agency, to the Vikes) and our defensive MVP (Takeo Spikes, season-ending Achilles injury) hasn't helped.

Oh yeah, and to make things even easier for your offense, the only decent DT on our roster (Sam Adams) may be benched for the Bills-KC game. I'm not sure why, but it has something to do with him being a big giant pu$$y.

494833[/snapback]

That seems to be the weakest link for the Chiefs as well. We have had some quality play out of our ends at times, but we just don't have any push up the middle. Ryan Sims got hurt in week 1, but I'm not sure how much he would have helped. He has never played up to expectations, even though everyone and their brother was praising him during the pre-season. The rest of the DTs have just been blah, outside of maybe John Browning who has also had some injury problems.