TD's replacement

bills_fan

Go with me on this one....

We all throw out ideas for TD's replacement, from Bill Polian to AJ Smith. What about something radically different, a candidate who has achieved the impossible, someone who can look at things in a proven, practical way.

What about Theo Epstein? Yes, this avowed Yankee fan, would trust our franchise to the man who did the impossible, brought Boston a WS title. Maybe he can transition to the NFL and do the same for the Bills? Hmmmm....interesting.

If he knows anything about football and a salary cap, I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, Boston is just as bad as the Yankees as far as spending ridiculous amounts of cash on players. I could see us in Salary cap hell after 2 years.

That makes sense. What's really the difference ?

I'll call my dentist now to schedule my knee surgery.

492946[/snapback]

Well, duh, obviously his extremely deep knowledge of sabremetrics and the game of baseball and all of its players will allow him to be a great NFL GM. :doh:

Well, duh, obviously his extremely deep knowledge of sabremetrics and the game of baseball and all of its players will allow him to be a great NFL GM.  :doh:

492949[/snapback]

Hey, that dude on ESPN is doing the same with football. Maybe in CAN work in the NFL.

Hey, that dude on ESPN is doing the same with football. Maybe in CAN work in the NFL.

492967[/snapback]

i agree with you that the system could work in the NFL. The problem is just like mark said tho. You dont have your dentist do knee surgery just because they both procedures performed by doctors. Epstein's expertise is baseball. He could apply his expertise to football, but it would take years of research and analysis of the NFL and players before he'd be ready to be an NFL GM.

what is up with that??? 31years old and turns down 4.5 mil????? must be nice!

Go with me on this one....

We all throw out ideas for TD's replacement, from Bill Polian to AJ Smith.  What about something radically different, a candidate who has achieved the impossible, someone who can look at things in a proven, practical way.

What about Theo Epstein?  Yes, this avowed Yankee fan, would trust our franchise to the man who did the impossible, brought Boston a WS title.  Maybe he can transition to the NFL and do the same for the Bills?  Hmmmm....interesting.

492942[/snapback]