Your TD and MM era!

This, of course, doesn't include the Gregg Williams era for Donahoe.....but for a team that was built to win now under MM, here's how they've fared. How long does TD get?

24 Games of Data

Overall

Vs. teams under .500 (8-3)

Vs. teams at .500 (2-0)

Vs. teams over .500 (2-9) Best win vs. 10-6 NY Jets (home)

On the road......

Vs. teams under .500 (2-3) Worst Loss vs. 5-11 Oakland

Vs. teams at .500 (1-0)

Vs. teams over .500 (1-5) Best win vs. 9-7 Seattle

At home.....

Vs. teams under .500 (6-0) N/A

Vs. teams at .500 (1-0)

Vs. teams over .500 (1-4) Best win vs. 10-6 NY Jets

Good post. I agree with your implication that the Bills have piled up wins against the mediocre teams rather than the good teams. A lot of that has to do with the Bills' style of defense and its over-reliance on blitzing. The bad teams don't pick up the blitz, the good ones do.

Also many of the problems have to do with the neglect of the offensive line in the draft, and the lack of continuity we've seen. And then there has been the struggle to find the team's next QB. Holcomb may well be the best QB the Bills have had in the TD era, but that's not necessarily a big compliment.

Holcomb may well be the best QB the Bills have had in the TD era, but that's not necessarily a big compliment.

491863[/snapback]

True. This is why Holcombe has racked up almost 42,000 yards and is closing in on Dan Fouts, while Bledsoe was thought so highly of that has started all of 10 or 11 games in 9 years.

Oh wait......never mind.

Good post. I agree with your implication that the Bills have piled up wins against the mediocre teams rather than the good teams. A lot of that has to do with the Bills' style of defense and its over-reliance on blitzing. The bad teams don't pick up the blitz, the good ones do.

Also many of the problems have to do with the neglect of the offensive line in the draft, and the lack of continuity we've seen. And then there has been the struggle to find the team's next QB. Holcomb may well be the best QB the Bills have had in the TD era, but that's not necessarily a big compliment.

491863[/snapback]

Correct. Basically the Bills bullied horrible QB's last year with a very high priced defense and everyone declared Jerry Gray the almighty savior. We constantly beatup on bad teams, and, IMO, do not have a great win under TD and MM. I won't even mention Gregg Williams.

Jerry Gray has been horrible when his talent level isn't superior to the team we are playing. Clements is looking to be the offensive version of Gray. Because of both of them, combined with Donahoe, I'm not sure about MM.

You can disect it all you want, but we are a below average football team that basically feed on the NFL's bottom feeders. It's not hard to see with these numbers.

True. This is why Holcombe has racked up almost 42,000 yards and is closing in on Dan Fouts, while Bledsoe was thought so highly of that has started all of 10 or 11 games in 9 years.

Oh wait......never mind.

491875[/snapback]

Bill, I was in your corner also. And it's amazing, Bledsoe is having a good year in Dallas, and homer nation would never admit it. I'm not saying Bledsoe was the best QB in the league, but handing the job over to JP without competition is just moronic.

Oh wait......never mind.

491875[/snapback]

The Bledsoe the Bills saw the last two and a half years isn't the same Bledsoe who did so well in his early years with New England. In his last year with the Bills, Bledsoe's passer rating was in the low 70s, while Holcomb's rating this year has been much higher--in the 90s the last time I checked.

Bledsoe is better than Holcomb at taking advantage of good protection, while Holcomb is better at making the most of bad protection. Since TD has elected to have a second-rate line, Holcomb is the better QB for Buffalo.

Bill, I was in your corner also.  And it's amazing, Bledsoe is having a good year in Dallas, and homer nation would never admit it.  I'm not saying Bledsoe was the best QB in the league, but handing the job over to JP without competition is just moronic.

491883[/snapback]

Well admittedly DB is Playing well in Dallas, but no better than his 1st 8 Games with the Bills that saw him throw for 2500 yds, 16 TD's, and only 5 INT's...That same 2002 Season Bledsoe's numbers dropped in the last 8 Games to 1859 yds, 7TD's and 9 INT's...And we all know what happened in 2003 and 2004...

But I am willing to give credit where credit is due concerning DB...As he did in Buffalo, the start of his Cowboys career has been very solid...But I think History tells us not to judge a Season by the 1st 8 Games, especially where DB is concerned...As of this moment right now, would I take Bledsoe over Holcomb? As much as it pains me to say it...yes I probably would...We'll see if my opinion changes after Week 17... :angry:

Well admittedly DB is Playing well in Dallas, but no better than his 1st 8 Games with the Bills that saw him throw for 2500 yds, 16 TD's, and only 5 INT's...That same 2002 Season Bledsoe's numbers dropped in the last 8 Games to 1859 yds, 7TD's and 9 INT's...And we all know what happened in 2003 and 2004...

But I am willing to give credit where credit is due concerning DB...As he did in Buffalo, the start of his Cowboys career has been very solid...But I think History tells us not to judge a Season by the 1st 8 Games, especially where DB is concerned...As of this moment right now, would I take Bledsoe over Holcomb? As much as it pains me to say it...yes I probably would...We'll see if my opinion changes after Week 17... :angry:

491924[/snapback]

Or maybe, just maybe, Bledsoe is playing for better coaches in Dallas (which is the understatement of the year). Maybe, just maybe, they are putting him in a system that is best suited to take advantage of his skills. Maybe, just maybe, the Bills braintrust, coaches and personnel people aren't all that great. Maybe, just maybe Pittsburgh got rid of Donahoe and kept Cowher for a reason. And finally, and this one's for you homer nation, maybe, just maybe, Tom Donahoe isn't the best GM in the league, while Modrak is 1A.

I think it's becoming more and more obvious.

Or maybe, just maybe, Bledsoe is playing for better coaches in Dallas (which is the understatement of the year).  Maybe, just maybe, they are putting him in a system that is best suited to take advantage of his skills.  Maybe, just maybe, the Bills braintrust, coaches and personnel people aren't all that great.  Maybe, just maybe Pittsburgh got rid of Donahoe and kept Cowher for a reason.  And finally, and this one's for you homer nation, maybe, just maybe, Tom Donahoe isn't the best GM in the league, while Modrak is 1A. 

I think it's becoming more and more obvious.

491934[/snapback]

Yep...Maybe you are correct...Well I think I know you're correct about Donahoe and The Coaching...Of coarse Belichick had his opportunity with DB also, but I digress...Like I said concerning DB, we'll see at the end of the Year...My 2 best friends are Cowboys Fans and they are light years away from being in love with Bledsoe, so this story is definitely still being written...

But I think your points are well taken...And mostly on the mark... :angry:

Yep...Maybe you are correct...Well I think I know you're correct about Donahoe and The Coaching...Of coarse Belichick had his opportunity with DB also, but I digress...Like I said concerning DB, we'll see at the end of the Year...My 2 best friends are Cowboys Fans and they are light years away from being in love with Bledsoe, so this story is definitely still being written...

But I think your points are well taken...And mostly on the mark... :angry:

491945[/snapback]

Agreed, but don't get me wrong, I'm not in love with DB either, however, I definately think he's serviceable. I also think he's was our best option. Actually, I thought he was our best option IN A COMPETITION for a starting job with JP.

Bill, I was in your corner also.  And it's amazing, Bledsoe is having a good year in Dallas, and homer nation would never admit it.  I'm not saying Bledsoe was the best QB in the league, but handing the job over to JP without competition is just moronic.

491883[/snapback]

Oh please......get a grip....Bledsoe is 5-3 after beating Arizona..and with a good offensive line. We would MAYBE be 4-4 with Drew in there...BFD. Drew will end up the season 9-7 in Dallas...and they will have had it with him by that time.We would be at least 4-4 if Holcomb played the whole season so far.

As of this moment right now, would I take Bledsoe over Holcomb? As much as it pains me to say it...yes I probably would...

491924[/snapback]

Before you come to that conclusion, bear in mind what Drew did in 2004 as opposed to what Holcomb has done this year. For both QBs, it was the first year in the Mularkey/Clements system. They were both throwing to basically the same group of guys--Moulds, Evans, Reed, Campbell, McGahee. They both had the McGahee running game. They both had the same lousy line, though actually the line did fairly well in the second half of the 2004 season.

In these roughly identical circumstances, Holcomb has achieved a significantly higher passer rating than Bledsoe. The offense has achieved decent point totals under Holcomb, which wasn't always the case last year with Bledsoe.

Oh please......get a grip....Bledsoe is 5-3 after beating Arizona..and with a good offensive line. We would MAYBE be 4-4 with Drew in there...BFD. Drew will end up the season 9-7 in Dallas...and they will have had it with him by that time.We would be at least 4-4 if Holcomb played the whole season so far.

491967[/snapback]

Hey man, anything that works to make yourself feel better. We are all stinging from another season of losing TD football.

Before you come to that conclusion, bear in mind what Drew did in 2004 as opposed to what Holcomb has done this year. For both QBs, it was the first year in the Mularkey/Clements system. They were both throwing to basically the same group of guys--Moulds, Evans, Reed, Campbell, McGahee. They both had the McGahee running game. They both had the same lousy line, though actually the line did fairly well in the second half of the 2004 season.

In these roughly identical circumstances, Holcomb has achieved a significantly higher passer rating than Bledsoe. The offense has achieved decent point totals under Holcomb, which wasn't always the case last year with Bledsoe.

491999[/snapback]

Oh believe me My History around here is anything but a DB Fan... :(

But maybe I should have said...as of this point in the season...I would probably have to take Bledsoe/Parcells over Holcomb/Mularkey...Like I said before, it pains me to say it, and it's only 8 games in so the whole story is far from being written...

Oh believe me My History around here is anything but a DB Fan... :(

But maybe I should have said...as of this point in the season...I would probably have to take Bledsoe/Parcells over Holcomb/Mularkey...Like I said before, it pains me to say it, and it's only 8 games in so the whole story is far from being written...

492007[/snapback]

Good point. Bledsoe has had more success with Parcells than he's had with Belichick, Gregg Williams, or Mike Mularkey. Some of it's the coaching--Bledsoe was a bad fit for the Weis and Clements offenses--and some of it's probably Parcells getting inside Drew's head and maybe making him mad.

491999[/snapback]

Please get off Holcomb's nuts, before I puke. He is a servicable backup, nothing more.