Hey All!

R. Rich

First off, I want to say thanks to LancasterSteve and his wife Lisa for letting us stay with them last weekend. You guys are the best! We had a wonderful time and you both were fantastic hosts! We look forward to returning the favor whenever you're in the Baltimore area.

As for the pre-game festivities, it was nice seeing those of you I had met before at Nick Tahou's and it was nice meeting you 34-78-83. Too bad you couldn't make the tailgate/game; you must be trying to be like Dan Gross, another no-show at the games when I come up. Racism; it's a b**ch at times.

On to Friday night. Duff's was awesome......for the most part. It was great to see jan and her husband Bob again and it was nice to get to meet and talk with Kelly, The Fair And Balanced Dog this time (we met, but ever so briefly last year at the tailgate). But, it would've been even better had I not tried to leap the fence outside! Sure, I was a hurdler in high school and college, but that was 17 years, 100 lbs, and (for that evening) 2.5 pitchers of beer and a shot of "ta kill ya" ago! Some guys have to learn the hard way, I suppose. My left knee got twisted on the way down (I almost cleared the fence.......almost!) and it was very sore and difficult to walk on afterward. It's better now, but still a bit sore. I should be at 100% in a few days.

Saturday at Danny's was crowded, but fun as well. I finally caught up with Thailog80, who is one of the nicest guys I've met on this board. A bit of a smarta**, which is something I really don't like as I don't go for that type of sarcasm, but still a great guy. Nice family too. It was also the first time I met TBD's legendary ICE. What a jerk! This guy had nothing nice to say about anyone. He's a big meanie! Just joking! ICE, you're absolutely NOTHING like your board persona! You even displayed good football knowledge! Shocking (haha!!). Most of the rest of the gang I had met previously, and what a gang it was! One thing I noticed: Bob Lamb, you really need to get out more. Stop being so shy in public. We won't bite you....much.

Sunday's tailgate was fun and it was nice to get there at a reasonable time this year, not at noon like last time! Isn't it ironic that the first person we saw at the tailgate was Campy, running toward us (who would've thought it after last year's "gut buster"?) and offering me my first beer of the day. How is it that you and Theresa escaped injury-free and I end up limping, Chris? Go figure. Brandon (BF in Indiana) was on his best behavior this year. Much different than last year, when he greeted me at the tailgate (just after I arrived) with a "Hey Rich, braah waah aaar raaaargh aaaaaarrraaaarrrarrrrrgharrrrgh!", which I guess was drunk for "how's it goin'?". BF, you're okay with me. Sorry I had to force that beer on you. Sidbuff, great to see you again, but you and Pat in Livonia were trying to kill me with food! Here's Sid walking up to Jay Rosen and I: "Here! Eat these pieces of jerk chicken!" Damn, man. Can I let breakfast settle first? Nope. Seriously though, that was some damn good chicken!! Bring some of that when we go to CNJ for the Bills @ Pats game. I'll be ready for it.

As for the game, as I said to numerous people, I believe the Bills are a work in progress. I'll be happy to see them win big, get into the playoffs, or win the Super Bowl, but I'm not expecting it. Now, next year, I don't wanna hear any excuses from One Bills Drive. But, for now, I think they're at least developing. The offensive line did much better than I expected them to, especially the interior players. Bledsoe was decisive and accurate; I only wish they had tried to throw the ball a little deeper than they did. The defense did a great job controlling Fred Taylor and not letting Leftwich get into any kind of rhythm. Unfortunately, the offense didn't capitalize on enough scoring opportunities and kept the Jags in the game to where they could take it from us on the last play. Lindell looked pretty bad though, even on the PAT and the FG he made. He's either lacking in confidence or he can't get it done. Regardless, something may have to be done about the kicking game. We'll see if anything changes in the next couple games. Things will get better, I think, but there's still a ways to go before becoming a serious contender for the NFL title. As I said, we're a work in progress.

Again, I want to say that I had a wonderful time last weekend and it was great to see my TBD family again. I'm looking forward to the Arizona game (Halloween), as that is my next trip up there. Heck, I may even wear a costume for that one.

I posted some photos from the weekend on Webshots. You can view them here.

thanks for sharing, Rich. But the link doesn't work. I get this:

An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.

Make sure you are logged in.

35933[/snapback]

Oops! I must have logged out. Try it now. I logged back in , so it should work.

As for the pre-game festivities, it was nice seeing those of you I had met before at Nick Tahou's and it was nice meeting you 34-78-83.  Too bad you couldn't make the tailgate/game; you must be trying to be like Dan Gross, another no-show at the games when I come up.  Racism; it's a b**ch at times.

Well, you know, maybe some day you'll get over it, and then I won't have to worry about being far away whenever you get into one of your drunken racist rampages.

But, it would've been even better had I not tried to leap the fence outside!  Sure, I was a hurdler in high school and college, but that was 17 years, 100 lbs, and (for that evening) 2.5 pitchers of beer and a shot of "ta kill ya" ago!  Some guys have to learn the hard way, I suppose.  My left knee got twisted on the way down (I almost cleared the fence.......almost!) and it was very sore and difficult to walk on afterward.  It's better now, but still a bit sore.  I should be at 100% in a few days.

I'm sure Thailog would tell you: "If you're going to be a smarta**, remember the smart part."

Still can't figure out how you look so big in those pictures...

Brandon (BF in Indiana) was on his best behavior this year.  Much different than last year, when he greeted me at the tailgate (just after I arrived) with a "Hey Rich, braah waah aaar raaaargh aaaaaarrraaaarrrarrrrrgharrrrgh!", which I guess was drunk for "how's it goin'?".  BF, you're okay with me.  Sorry I had to force that beer on you.

Is that really how I greeted you last year??? LOL that's kind of funny. That's how out of it I was at that point in the day. I don't remember walking to my seat last year.

I had to be on good behavior this year........mom would have grounded me to the room. What kind of beer was that anyways??? Had a nice taste to it.

great pics Rich, Great to meet you, the shot of the garbage plate is making me hungry..

35991[/snapback]

Same here, Guff. Thanks for the ride back to my car, too. My knee was still pretty sore on Sunday, and the ride did help. I owe you. BTW, I take it you and the Mrs made it back to the hotel room okay? It looked like she had a pretty good time at the tailgate.

Is that really how I greeted you last year???  LOL that's kind of funny.  That's how out of it I was at that point in the day.  I don't remember walking to my seat last year.

I had to be on good behavior this year........mom would have grounded me to the room.  What kind of beer was that anyways???  Had a nice taste to it.

36063[/snapback]

Yeah, you were wasted when I made it to the tailgate last year. Drunk a**.

The beer I gave you was a Pilsner Urquell. Good stuff; a bit pricey at $12.99 a 12 pack, but good beer. Check to see if they sell it anywhere near you.

Same here, Guff.  Thanks for the ride back to my car, too.  My knee was still pretty sore on Sunday, and the ride did help.  I owe you.  BTW, I take it you and the Mrs made it back to the hotel room okay?  It looked like she had a pretty good time at the tailgate.

36352[/snapback]

Great pictures, Rich. Always good to see you and the better half. :angry:

Nice pics Rich!  :D  Always a pleasure to see you guys again! Tell Lisa I said Hi!  B)

36481[/snapback]

Same here. I probably should've taken more pictures at Danny's and on Sunday, though. Still, I did a good job of capturing the "essence of the tailgate", I think.