Never fear, Tom Donahoe on the job

http://www.scbandits.com/news_detail.cfm?id=179

Hey Tom! Not to tell you how to do your job, but how about bringing in some O-lineman or D-lineman for tryouts? You know, positions we need to improve? :w00t:

I never even heard of the United Indoor Football League! How far down the ladder from the NFL is that league?

PTR

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to tell you how to do your job, but how about bringing in some O-lineman or D-lineman for tryouts?  You know, positions we need to improve?  :w00t:

486210[/snapback]

Yup. Because there are bunches of bona fide stud linemen just hanging out by the phone waiting to be called 7 weeks into the season. ;)

Yup. Because there are bunches of bona fide stud linemen just hanging out by the phone waiting to be called 7 weeks into the season.  :w00t:

486215[/snapback]

Maybe not...but why are we auditioning RB's from a scrub league? And at this point, would less-than-stud linemen be an improvement over what we have?

Campy, why not give Ralphie a call and see if you can have TD's job? You're pretty astute. ;)

PTR

Maybe not...but why are we auditioning RB's from a scrub league?
Who cares?

And at this point, would less-than-stud linemen be an improvement over what we have?

PTR

486228[/snapback]

A "less-than-stud-lineman" from a low-tier arena league is there for a reason, so I'd say no, the guys we have on our roster, guys who've made an NFL team, are better than the linemen from the Moonsocket Shriners of the Mass semi-pro league.

Yup. Because there are bunches of bona fide stud linemen just hanging out by the phone waiting to be called 7 weeks into the season.  :w00t:

486215[/snapback]

we all know there are no studs at any position available now - the point was, why not address a position [or positions, on this team] where there is a more obvious need?

Maybe not...but why are we auditioning RB's from a scrub league?  And at this point, would less-than-stud linemen be an improvement over what we have?

PTR

486228[/snapback]

Every Tuesday, John Guy brings in players for a workout. It is John Guy's responsibiltiy to maintain a "graded" list of all available players at every postion. These workouts are to help the "grading" process.

Who cares?

A "less-than-stud-lineman" from a low-tier arena league is there for a reason, so I'd say no, the guys we have on our roster, guys who've made an NFL team, are better than the linemen from the Moonsocket Shriners of the Mass semi-pro league.

486230[/snapback]

Campy, it's called S-A-R-C-A-S-M. Look it up in the dictionary.

PTR

we all know there are no studs at any position available now - the point was, why not address a position [or positions, on this team] where there is a more obvious need?

486233[/snapback]

We "need" another lineman to put on the Practice Squad? :w00t:

Every Tuesday, John Guy brings in players for a workout. It is John Guy's responsibiltiy to maintain a "graded" list of all available players at every postion. These workouts are to help the "grading" process.

486240[/snapback]

Exactly, according to MM they bring in as many as 30 players on any given tuesday. But let's get our football facts from little blurbs in print. :w00t:

Campy, it's called S-A-R-C-A-S-M.  Look it up in the dictionary.

PTR

486244[/snapback]

Sarcasm comes across so well on internet message boards, how could I have not picked up on it? [/sarcasm]

And did we ever use all of our cap room?  I think the answer is no in both cases.  But ah, who the hell cares, we don't need him right?

486257[/snapback]

What is it that attracts you: His piss poor attitude or his stellar play for the Browns last season?

And did we ever use all of our cap room?  I think the answer is no in both cases.  But ah, who the hell cares, we don't need him right?

486257[/snapback]

NFL | Verba not Getting the Big Offer He Sought

Sat, 9 Jul 2005 19:53:02 -0700

Terry Pluto, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports free agent OT Ross Verba (Browns) has not been getting many calls from teams looking to sign him. Reportedly, most of his offers have been in the one-year range, and for not much more than $1 million. Verba doesn't realize how popping off about the Cleveland Browns has led to questions about his character. Teams also know that he missed all of 2003 with a biceps injury, and he will be 32 at the end of October. Verba will probably land somewhere, but not for the big contract he expects.

kffl.com

Terry Pluto, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports free agent OT Ross Verba (Browns) has not been getting many calls from teams looking to sign him. Reportedly, most of his offers have been in the one-year range, and for not much more than $1 million. Verba doesn't realize how popping off about the Cleveland Browns has led to questions about his character. Teams also know that he missed all of 2003 with a biceps injury, and he will be 32 at the end of October. Verba will probably land somewhere, but not for the big contract he expects.

Give the guy a pro-rated contract for 9 games and see how he does. Do we have anything to lose?

What is it that attracts you: His piss poor attitude or his stellar play for the Browns last season?

486262[/snapback]

The fact that maybe he can play just as good but probably better alongside a starting LT that was CUT by another team. The fact that he could maybe be better than a waste of space G Bennie Anderson that was awful in Baltimore. The fact that maybe, just maybe he could help us win football games. I'm sure he is still better than 4 of our 5 lineman up front now.

The chance that maybe he could turn his "Mike Williams pre-2004 like" bad attitude around just like Big Mike did.

Oh, I don't know, to me, when your line sucks ass, it wouldn't hurt to give a guy like that a chance. I hear ya on the piss poor attitude thing, but we have no idea how good he was with the Browns. That team was god awful last year. After all, what made the cut/castoff Gandy so special of a pickup?